• 28(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-01-19, 20:24)TomFreeloader Wrote: Nice Skin! I like to change skins every once in a while because I am weird like that, But I really like the BIG views and the fact that I can see the words and read it from a distance with most of the themes, also love the menu customization stuff, very nice, on the other hand, I wish there was a way to change the level of translucency (If that's the right word?) for the main menu background to be able to see the custom background pics a little better. I'm certainly no expert at python or screwing with xmls but I may mess with it a bit later and see if I can achieve the effect I am looking for. Thanks for all your time consuming work on this skin! Cool

PS: Sorry if what I am talking about with the color stuff has already been mentioned. I am in a hurry today and didn't have time/was too fat and lazy to read all 27 pages, but the search only seemed to turn up posts regarding themes.

No problem, I think's it's mentioned somewhere else in this thread, but you're going to need to open up the color.xml file for whichever color theme you are using (located in the skin's /colors folder). Look for the "background" tag and change the first two characters from FF to EE or DD.
(2015-01-18, 18:49)doeppi Wrote:
Quote:BigNoid has the spinner hidden for rpi, I'm guessing it must not be able to handle the animation when it is "working."

You can test it by editing out the visibility condition in DialogBusy.xml.

Thank you! I deleted

Code:
<visible>!System.Platform.Linux.RaspberryPi</visible>

from DialogBusy.xml and after a few hours of use i have to say it works as it should, no juddering, no longer loading times. Seeing that other skins do use animations I pretty much expected this. Aeon Nox has been around for some time and kodi runs much smoother on a RPi now than it did in early versions - maybe you could think about reenabling the animations by default? It sure looks neat!

Any chance for this in the next update? Smile
Raspberry Pi 2 B / OpeneELEC
(2015-01-19, 20:58)doeppi Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 18:49)doeppi Wrote:
Quote:BigNoid has the spinner hidden for rpi, I'm guessing it must not be able to handle the animation when it is "working."

You can test it by editing out the visibility condition in DialogBusy.xml.

Thank you! I deleted

Code:
<visible>!System.Platform.Linux.RaspberryPi</visible>

from DialogBusy.xml and after a few hours of use i have to say it works as it should, no juddering, no longer loading times. Seeing that other skins do use animations I pretty much expected this. Aeon Nox has been around for some time and kodi runs much smoother on a RPi now than it did in early versions - maybe you could think about reenabling the animations by default? It sure looks neat!

Any chance for this in the next update? Smile
I'm thinking there must be a reason it is hidden for rpi. I'll go ahead and comment out that visibility condition...though it may come back if other rpi users run into any issues.

(2015-01-18, 19:20)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 18:53)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 18:25)bryanbrazil Wrote: Not sure about the differences between them, at the time I just happened to use the first one. I don't use either now, I've found running texture maintenance utility from the command line to be more reliable.

How do I run this?

Here are the instructions I wrote up for Windows...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1859819

FYI, here's the command I use to update IMDB ratings and Top 250 for movies.

Code:
C:\>python texturecache.py imdb movies | python texturecache.py set
Wow, that was quick - thanks a lot!
Raspberry Pi 2 B / OpeneELEC
bryanbrazil, this is a great skin - thanks for all your efforts. A few questions:

1. Is it possible to have the widgets up by default (rather than having to press up)?

2. Is it possible to change the backgrounds for the context menus and PVR screens? (Or alternatively, can you point me to where the default img is referenced in the code so I can edit it myself?)

Thanks!

Oh, and a bug I noticed: When adding PVR info to the top bar via the home settings menu, if the title is long enough, it overlaps with the temp/time rather than scrolling.
(2015-01-20, 00:58)deletedpenguin Wrote: bryanbrazil, this is a great skin - thanks for all your efforts. A few questions:

1. Is it possible to have the widgets up by default (rather than having to press up)?

2. Is it possible to change the backgrounds for the context menus and PVR screens? (Or alternatively, can you point me to where the default img is referenced in the code so I can edit it myself?)

Thanks!

Oh, and a bug I noticed: When adding PVR info to the top bar via the home settings menu, if the title is long enough, it overlaps with the temp/time rather than scrolling.

1. No, someone would have to figure out how to create a smooth transition when moving between the widgets. I don't plan to spend any more time on it. Somewhere in this thread there are instructions for keeping the widgets open if you want to try it.

2. What do you want to change, just the color or replace it with another image? The dialogs and context menus use dialog_context.png as the background, along with a color diffuse. If you just want to change the color you only have to change the "context" tag in the color xml file. Depending on what you want to use for the image, you can either replace dialog_context.png or use a new image with a border attribute, etc. If you go this route, you will have to change it in many, many xmls, which would constitute an entire skin mod.

Thanks for the bug report, I resized the infoline label on the Home screen. I just eyeballed it, so let me know if it's still an issue.
Thanks mate for the prompt reply.

RE: 1. I'll have a closer read through the thread to try and figure it out, though it's a nice to have - not necessary.

RE: 2. I want to replace the CD img that's in the background.
(2015-01-20, 02:25)deletedpenguin Wrote: RE: 2. I want to replace the CD img that's in the background.

Oh, that's much easier. Smile Just replace default_bg.jpg in the skin's backgrounds folder.
Perfect, thanks mate.
(2015-01-19, 04:00)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-19, 03:15)jmuck78 Wrote: @bryanbrazil - love the skin and the updates relative to reNOX. I had been using the icon view for my music videos in reNox, but I can't seem to get that to work right when I enter music videos from the home menu. The icon view is not available. The only views that are available in the music videos section are list views and poster views. How can I add the icon view from post 101 to the music video section?

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Which version are you using, reNox or Mimic? I'll have to test out Music Videos, I don't have any...

@bryanbrazil - I actually have both reNOX and Mimic installed on my system. The icon view is available as a choice in the Music Videos section in reNOX, it is not in Mimic. I have been looking through the xml files, and I can't seem to find where the "icon" view is even defined. Do you know where that view is defined, and what changed between reNOX and Mimic?
Wow, thanks for this great looking skin!
Have been trying out several skins over the last couple of months, but I'm sure I'll stick with mimic now...
Love the clean looks and theming options!

I've installed the skin on several devices now and noticed it's quite touch friendly om my (Android) tablet.
However, on touch devices it seems impossible to open te sidebar menu (don't know the official name) in any of the views.
I would sure love a mod that incorporates a (small, invisible) button to open the sidebar menu on touch devices.

Unfortunately I don't have enough skills to create such a mod myself...
Anyone up for it?
Touchscreen friendly mod is in my to-do list. I wanna use Mimic SlimStar also in my Galaxy Tab and for now Mimic navigation is not very touchscreen friendly. Probably I will add to Mimic SlimStar option to enable or disable touchscreen mode.

UPDATE: Experimental version is done for SlimStar mod: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1898644
(2015-01-18, 20:07)bryanbrazil Wrote: Image

Bryan:

I'm also using Silvo's mod for aeon nox and would like to have this view with his skin. I can copy the playlist over and it works but I can't get the numbers on the left of the view. Do you know what files I need to modify or simply can I copy them over from your skin and just drop them in the 1080 folder?

thanks
(2015-01-21, 02:27)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 20:07)bryanbrazil Wrote: Image

Bryan:

I'm also using Silvo's mod for aeon nox and would like to have this view with his skin. I can copy the playlist over and it works but I can't get the numbers on the left of the view. Do you know what files I need to modify or simply can I copy them over from your skin and just drop them in the 1080 folder?

thanks
Mimic already includes IMDB Top 250 and Best Picture playlists. Just add Top 250 to your menu/submenu in skin settings and you will get the view in the screenshot when using List view. I believe I also customized the info in Icon view and maybe a few others.

UPDATE: Oops, I misread your post. Not exactly sure what it would take to get this view in his mod. You would need to compare my List view xml to his. For the other views I customized, the labels are in MyVideoNav.xml.
1. How can i make widgets to always show?
2. How can i make episode thumbnails to show instead of series thumbnails when viewing widgets?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9