• 6(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
FYI I made a visualization for music that works with Hue. It's just in the development phase, but if you can build source you can get it to work: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214589

Edit: Binaries now available: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217183
Hmm, this isn't working for me on Windows, Ubuntu, or OpenELEC. It sends GETs and says connected, but never sends any PUTs to change the lights. I've updated to the official script.module.requests.

Anyone know why the PUTs wouldn't get sent?

In the log I see things like this:
Code:
23:57:22 T:139965298198272  NOTICE: XBMC Hue: DEBUG set_light: 1: {"on":true,"transitiontime":5,"bri":35,"sat":254,"hue":63498}
23:57:22 T:139965298198272  NOTICE: XBMC Hue: DEBUG set_light: 2: {"on":true,"transitiontime":5,"bri":35,"sat":254,"hue":64507}
But nothing is going across the network interface, viewing with Wireshark.

And those messages only appear when starting and stopping the movie. There are no debug statements showing the plugin is trying to change the lights during playback.

I think I had it working on Windows for a moment, but I can't be sure.
Working fine here on openelec (4.2.1). Unfortunately I just moved house and haven't got the hue lights set up yet so I cannot compare logs sorry.

Do the lights dim on xbmc startup?

Sorry which addon are you using, the ambilight or the turn on/off one?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the quick response! With the debug option on, do you see a lot of
Code:
00:55:48 T:10992  NOTICE: XBMC Hue: DEBUG set_light: 2: {"on":true,"transitiontime":11,"bri":68,"sat":254,"hue":57186}
in the kodi.log while a movie is playing? My log only shows those statements at start and finish with both ambilight and theater mode. There is no actual dimming. So I think I have two issues: the fact the plugin is not sending the PUT packets and that it's not even trying to during the movie playback.

With Wireshark I can see the GET packets and they are correct. E.g., GET /api/KodiVisWave/lights/1 HTTP/1.1 is a good get statement that returns the appropriate information from the light. But there are no PUT packets to change anything regardless of what the log says.
(2015-01-20, 08:05)hardyt Wrote: FYI I made a visualization for music that works with Hue. It's just in the development, but if you can build source you can get it to work: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214589

I've just got some Hue lights but haven't had much time to play yet other than just get them working with the official app. Does this visualization of yours cause lights to change in time to the beat of the music similar to the Ambify and Hue Disco?
(2015-01-20, 18:22)jjd-uk Wrote: I've just got some Hue lights but haven't had much time to play yet other than just get them working with the official app. Does this visualization of yours cause lights to change in time to the beat of the music similar to the Ambify and Hue Disco?

Yep. Let me know if you get it running and what you think.
Hi. This is mostly working great for me, I have an in issue though that if the video playing is paused for more than a few seconds the whole xbmc system freezes and has to be reset.
This is running on a pi and just used for dimming the lights (hue lux bulbs). I have the unpause jump back add on installed as well if that makes any difference.
Is this a known issue?
Quote:Is this a known issue?

No, I suggest you start a new thread and post a debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or disable the unpause jump back addon and see if it fixes the issue Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Does anyone test the meethue add on on Kodi v14?
Do you mean this: https://meethue.wordpress.com/category/xbmc/ ?

If yes, yes it works (only version 0.6.0)
yes, ok, thanks for your quick reply.

I am going to test it this week end.

I read some case that users have problem to connect to the bridge. Is it solved in 0.6.0 ? or we need the workaround with replacing the bridge ip in the python script ?
Hello,

just tested the addon with 2 blooms. After some difficulties, i had to restore to default option, and then, the bloom light when playing movie.

Few thing i've noticed :
- Playing on Live TV make video slow but no unviewable. Watching a tv serie is possible but you notice some slowness. Sometime, the video blink with a green pixel or full screen green during 1 second
- Playing on HD video is not possible.
- Works fine on SD video.

Did someone successed in using the plugin with live tv (HD or not) and in HD video ?

I don't understand how the plugin work to determine which color to use on each bloom, can someone explain me ? And what's the difference between theatre and ambilight mode ?

One other question, is there a way to disable/enable the plug in with a keyboard shortcut or with a remote (instead of entering multiple submenu) ? And light off the lamp

My idea is to be able to have a shortcut working for enable/disabling the addon
And one other to power off lamp

I will be able, after, to map the shortcut with my harmony remote.

If someone could help me, i would appreciate, even if we need some developpement, i'm motivated even id python is not my favorite langage Nod
edited--- cant remove ?
(2013-01-29, 20:09)meet_hue Wrote: Hi guys!

I just built this add-on! It support two modes:

- Theatre mode
- Ambilight mode

In Theatre mode the add-on will dim your lights as a movie starts playing, and increases the brightness when you're done. Just as described above.

Ambilight mode turns your Philips Hue in a room-sized ambilight (needs some work as the response time of the lights it too slow, see below).

More information is available on my blog - meethue.wordpress.com. The code is available on github.

Hope you enjoy!

If any XBMC developers read this post: is it possible to get a capture of the video stream in the future? eg: can I use xbmc.RenderCapture() to capture the frame that will be shown in 1 seconds?

Can someone explain me the difference between the 2 mode ? (english is not my native langage)

thx
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0