• 1(current)
Release [Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 5
The contents of this mod have been removed for Jarvis v16!

Those searching for similar features will find it incorporated into Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO.

Further requests for modding support and new features should be made to Mike Silvo in the thread linked.

Thanks again for your continuing interest!
Warner:

This looks great!

In one of your posts you shared your skin. Are these mods included?
(2015-01-18, 06:50)Edworld Wrote: Warner:

This looks great!

In one of your posts you shared your skin. Are these mods included?

Nope, not included. Not all panel types display correctly, so I left it out. I think I'm done creating new mods. I was fond of the ExtendedInfo Script and actually use it on a regular basis. So it wasn't just about making an already great skin look better. I like having access to online content that is always evolving. I have other ideas, but I'll stick to monitoring what has already been posted.

I do like the look of these panels, however. They look great on a TV screen. But the panel content does not refresh often enough, or at some cases, at all! This is been mentioned to Phil, so I'll wait and see what happens.
FYI: If you are having issues with ExtendedInfo content not refreshing, try deleting the add-on folder located at:

userdata/addon_data/script.extendedinfo

That fixed it for me.

But you have to keep deleting it to keep updating!
This is excellent, great work! I'm wondering if it's possible to have an 'add to couchpotato' button somewhere for the online content? There is a trailer addon that does it so should be possible
(2015-01-19, 23:34)huzz456 Wrote: This is excellent, great work! I'm wondering if it's possible to have an 'add to couchpotato' button somewhere for the online content? There is a trailer addon that does it so should be possible

I haven't looked, but it couldn't be done from the home screen. The ExtendedInfo plugin controls the onclick action, which plays a trailer by default. You would have to enable the infodialog and add a button in there. My VideoInfo dialogs for ExtendedInfo are already full of other content, so I don't know where I would put such a button.

Edit: It could work by adding an onclick action to an item in the panel that contains the director, writer, release date, etc. I would add an item to the end that could be clicked and perform a plugin action. The Director is already a click-able button. I would need the code to do this, however. I don't know anything about CouchPotato.
I just started using CouchPotato myself and plan to investigate this matter further. It likely can be done. A similar function is to rate a movie via Trakt. That code looks like this:

<onclick>RunScript(script.trakt,action=rate)</onclick>

A similar call may be available for CouchPotato. That will require some research or assistance...

Edit: I think I've found the answer already. I'll have to test it. I'm told there is no notification if the action is successful or not. That could be a problem.

<onclick>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.couchpotato_manager/movies/add?title=$INFO[ListItem.Label])</onclick>
Wow quick work! Looking forward to this, will make my setup much quicker and easier when it comes to finding new content to watch
Do you have any plans to do a panel type widget for addons?
(2015-01-20, 19:25)dan_jericho Wrote: Do you have any plans to do a panel type widget for addons?

Addons are already coded to look the album covers. You cannot create custom addon widgets, however. The choices are limited to those listed in the instructions. This is a limitation of the skin not my design.
(2015-01-20, 12:50)huzz456 Wrote: Wow quick work! Looking forward to this, will make my setup much quicker and easier when it comes to finding new content to watch

I couldn't get this feature to work me. All I end up with is a script error. I sent you a PM with a test copy to see if it works for you. I think my problem relates to the CouchPotato addon requiring an update.
Thanks Warner hopefully I'll get a chance to look this weekend
(2015-01-23, 01:38)huzz456 Wrote: Thanks Warner hopefully I'll get a chance to look this weekend

If it works for you, I can improve the design slightly and provide you with a copy.
Hi warner, just having a go at this. I've copied the 3 xml files (2 from above and 1 from pm) to the skin/1080i folder and edited the lines at 392 in variables xml. When I go to the menu customiser in nox I now have the new widget options but none will appear on the home screen when selected. What am I doing wrong?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 53