• 35(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
I absolutely LOVE this addon, thank you! However I have an issue.

Running 0.9.93. When I choose either the options to include specific shows or include specific random play shows, no dialog pops up to allow me to enter their names.

Can you tell me what to write in the settngs.xml file until a fix is made?

EDIT: What I'm actually trying to do is exclude certain shows, but there's no option to do that, so I'm trying to use the Random Play shows to specify the shows there, and then use the Exclude Random Play Shows option to exclude them from the playlist.

EDIT: Oh it's because I'm using the re-touched skin - the list of shows doesn't pop up in that skin.

Thanks!
(2014-10-18, 14:45)Karnagious Wrote: OK, I will make sure that works in the new version.

I am about 75% done with it.
Karnagious any news on the new version?
(2015-01-06, 17:37)aalwani Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 14:45)Karnagious Wrote: OK, I will make sure that works in the new version.

I am about 75% done with it.
Karnagious any news on the new version?

I wish! I have been sidetracked by another project, but should be able to get back to it soon. Hopefully.
Exclamation 
Dear Karnagious,

Thank you for this awesome addon,

I would like you to know that it works perfectly when

(Creating and launching a randomised playlist)

however it crashes KODI when using the option

(Produce a list of next episode for each TV series) while using an external player,

but the internal player works fine with it

Kodi's crash log when using lazytv (produce a list) with an external player

Thank you again for this great piece of work.
Hi, Been using this plug-in for a long time and was wondering if a feature could be considered, to add in the future.
It would be great if you could set priority TV shows. for example, if i set the walking dead as a priority show and a new episode has been added to my library, this would automatically be the first show to play.

Thanks again for the great plug-in
(2015-01-06, 17:11)Rumik Wrote: I absolutely LOVE this addon, thank you! However I have an issue.

Running 0.9.93. When I choose either the options to include specific shows or include specific random play shows, no dialog pops up to allow me to enter their names.

Can you tell me what to write in the settngs.xml file until a fix is made?

EDIT: What I'm actually trying to do is exclude certain shows, but there's no option to do that, so I'm trying to use the Random Play shows to specify the shows there, and then use the Exclude Random Play Shows option to exclude them from the playlist.

EDIT: Oh it's because I'm using the re-touched skin - the list of shows doesn't pop up in that skin.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I am not really across the difference between the skins. Maybe the skin maintainer can provide some advice?

(2015-01-20, 18:21)rjcogin Wrote: Hi, Been using this plug-in for a long time and was wondering if a feature could be considered, to add in the future.
It would be great if you could set priority TV shows. for example, if i set the walking dead as a priority show and a new episode has been added to my library, this would automatically be the first show to play.

Thank you, that is a brilliant idea. I will certainly look to add it in the future.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, I cant see anything in the log that would provide a clue.

I dont really know anything about external players, as I have never used them myself. This is the code that plays the playlist

Code:
xbmc.Player().play(xbmc.PlayList(1))

I thought the Player would be whatever player you had set as default, in which case the playback problem would be a general Kodi issue and it might be worthwhile reporting in their bug fix forum.

I am re-doing the whole addon, so I will try to pay special attention to this issue in that new code.
I wouldn't even know how to start the reporting process Smile

However I will wait and see , maybe it will be fixed in the new version.
I just registered here to thank you for this addon.

I discovered it looking for the "Prompt for next available episode" feature, I had googled around and found this post.

In that post you said,
(2013-12-21, 14:04)Karnagious Wrote: ... having an episode intro screen before playing the next episode.

This feature is great, but I wonder if it would be possible to share more episode information than just the name of the show, season and episode number. I'd love to see an episode title and description, video thumbnail, air date and episode length. And showing the timer on the screen would be icing on the cake.

I also love your addon "Native tongue". Is this available in any repo, or just from the Github page? Thanks for the excellent addons!
Hiya, and thanks.

A notification like that would be possible, but it would be a custom window rather than the built-in one the addon currently uses. So it would have to wait for a future version.

The Native Tongue addon is only on github. I think there is something more comprehensive out there, but cant recall where I saw it. It might be in the official repo. (Edit: its called Language Preference Manager, by Ace. I stopped working on mine when I saw that one.)
(2015-01-25, 06:27)Karnagious Wrote: Hiya, and thanks.

A notification like that would be possible, but it would be a custom window rather than the built-in one the addon currently uses. So it would have to wait for a future version.
Cool, I would love if you could add something like this

(2015-01-25, 06:27)Karnagious Wrote: The Native Tongue addon is only on github. I think there is something more comprehensive out there, but cant recall where I saw it. It might be in the official repo. (Edit: its called Language Preference Manager, by Ace. I stopped working on mine when I saw that one.)
Yes, I saw that one too, but its not in any repo, only on Github, and no one has worked on it for 6 months. Maybe that's cause it 'just works'! But yours works perfectly for me, and it's nice and simple. So thanks again!
Karnagious,

I just found and tested this great addon......its just what I have been looking for in a long time.....Thanks for your work it is really helpful!!! I have a request...I normally use Genesis adon to watch all my series in english but frequently I use the plugin Pelisalacarta to watch my spanish series. I haven´t found a way to add my series from pelisalacarta libr
ary to my LazyTv....would you please help me to do it?

Note: What I need is an option to populate the menu from an additional library path because Pelisalacarta library path is a bit different to any other addon.
Hi,

I came across LazyTV as I was looking for a way to setup a system to copy the "next episode to watch" from my in-progress TV shows to a folder, which would be synced to a mobile and/or tablet - so that the mobile device has the next episode of some or all the shows on it at all times.

However, I am experiencing crashes when trying to run LazyTV, it seems to analyse the database ok but every time I run it I get a "Script failed!" notification. I have uploaded my log file to Dropbox, link below. I am running a MySQL setup, not sure if that should make a difference, I get the crash when I run LazyTV on the Windows 7 machine that is hosting the MySQL database and also another Windows 7 machine that connects to the database. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing LazyTV and also a full un-install (including userdata) of both copies of Kodi but still getting the same crash.

Kodi Log

Hope that you can make the time to have a look at this and thanks for writing LazyTV - it's a great idea, I want to use it for its intended purpose as well as trying to make my syncing idea work!

Charlie
First of all, thanks, thanks, thanks for this addon. It's exactly what I was finding.

I only have a bug and a request if it would possible. There is an option to "Include episodes from unwatched TV series" but in my case the addon always show every TV show (from its first episode) even if this option is unmarked (as it was as default). The request would be another option like "Include episodes from unwatched seasons" or "Hide episodes from watched seasons". In other words, a way to only show in the playlist the next episodes of those "seasons in progress" (instead of "TV shows in progress"). I don't know if it would be too difficult, but it would be great!

And finally… THANKS!

PD: I have a CuboxTV with OpenElec 5.0.2 and Kodi 14.1
(2015-01-20, 18:21)rjcogin Wrote: Hi, Been using this plug-in for a long time and was wondering if a feature could be considered, to add in the future.

That would be amazing...
Also, i have a question. Can this addon manage returning (already watched previous episodes) and new (as totally new) TV show.
I would love a list composed with both (new can be orderer with the last watched date and new with imported date)
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4