• 248(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
anyone expecting IR Remote lag on OpenElec latest builds? it's the only thing that is driving me crazy, on XBMCbuntu or the new Kodibuntu everything is working fine Sad
(2014-12-25, 07:58)pigr8 Wrote: anyone expecting IR Remote lag on OpenElec latest builds? it's the only thing that is driving me crazy, on XBMCbuntu or the new Kodibuntu everything is working fine Sad

no problem here using RC3 build.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Hi,

I am getting the gui error and kodi refuses to launch.

OS is Widows 8.1 on Intel nuc i5 Haswell.

I was rdp to the nuc using my pc if that makes any difference?

I recently installed bonjour services for zeroconf to work.

Any ideas as I have removed and reinstalled kodi from fresh with same issue?

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
I fixed it by deleting the guisettings file in app data - > roaming.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Sometimes my NUC doesn't respond to my Logitech Harmony Smart Control remote, and I need to reboot the NUC, and then it works.

Anyone know how to fix this bug? It only appears like 1/10 times I turn it on.
This may be of interest to many here : https://communities.intel.com/thread/59216

Looks like new Windows Intel drivers will support H265/HEVC hardware decoding (I believe using shaders for GPU compute as well as the existing hardware acceleration engine used for H264/MPEG2/VC-1?) for 8 bit content on the i3 and i5 Core CPUs in Haswell NUCs?

That's quite a bonus.
Hi,

I have the D34010WYK with Windows 7.1 and it often powers up itself just after a shutdown.
The solution is to disable Wake on Lan or to enable Deep s4/s5 (last one disable the wake with IR remote).

Has someone find a solution which keep WOL and IR wake working ?
Thanks.
Going back to the discussion about getting optimum black levels and the 16-235 limited range setting in combination with with full or limited RGB output...

(2014-07-21, 17:23)lmyllari Wrote: It is possible to patch the driver to allow untouched output with infoframes telling it is limited range. This should work on all TVs and matches what a standalone player typically does.

Is this patch available and can I apply it to my linux build of kodi? Passing through the original 16-235 values without expanding to full range and then scaling down again seems like a very worthwhile feature that should be part of the standard build?

My setup:
  • Intel i5 NUC (D54250WYKH with Intel HD 5000 graphics, running latest Kodibuntu)
  • Sony STR-DN1040 receiver
  • Pioneer Kuro KRP-500AW plasma
  • JVC DLA-X35 projector

I get good results on the projector by enabling the 16-235 limited range setting in Kodi, setting "Enhanced Range" on the projector HDMI input settings, and setting full range output in xrandr:

Code:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full" -d :0

Playing "1-Black Clipping.mp4", the '17' bar flashes very faintly but is still distinguishable from reference black (16).
If I don't set Enhanced Range on the projector, blacks in the 1-Black Clipping.mp4 test file are badly crushed.

On the plasma, using all 4 possible combinations of xrandr range setting and the Kodi 16-235 limited range setting, I'm not quite happy with the results and am seeing some black crush - Even if I turn up the brightness on the plasma, 16-20 or so are basically still black and almost indistinguishable.

Apart from lmyllari's patch, is there anything I can try changing apart from the xrandr full/limited and kodi limited range on/off settings?
Are you setting your Kuro to colour space 3 setting when doing the tests? I know I had to manually set that on mine or else it wouldn't be detected properly. (In fairness, it sounds like you know what you're doing, so you probably are.)

I know that I had to turn brightness up a single notch to be happy that I wasn't crushing blacks, but I've been delighted with it ever since. I don't know where it falls on the 16-20 range, but a 2% black test is clearly visible above reference black.
(2015-01-21, 16:33)Diapason Wrote: Are you setting your Kuro to colour space 3 setting when doing the tests?

I actually hadn't tried changing the Colour Space setting on the TV, thanks.

What HDMI output setting (auto/full/limited) and Kodi limited range setting (enabled/disabled) are you using in combination with Colour Space 3?

With my current xrandr output setting = Full and enabling 16-235 limited range in Kodi, Colour Space 4 (RGB 0-255) gives better results than 3 (16-235) playing 1-Black Clipping.mp4.

With brightness +2 on the TV I can just make out level 17, with +1 it's too close to call.
That's odd. I've xrandr set to output full, I have limited range enabled in Kodi, and colour space 3 (16-235) set on the TV, brightness is set to +2 on the TV and that seems just about right... This is with a KRP-500M.

I assume 1-Black Clipping.mp4 is on the AVS HD 709 thingummy? I downloaded it once but never actually tried it, so maybe I should give it a go.
(2015-01-21, 18:28)Diapason Wrote: That's odd. I've xrandr set to output full, I have limited range enabled in Kodi, and colour space 3 (16-235) set on the TV, brightness is set to +2 on the TV and that seems just about right... This is with a KRP-500M.

I assume 1-Black Clipping.mp4 is on the AVS HD 709 thingummy? I downloaded it once but never actually tried it, so maybe I should give it a go.

if you're using xrandr to set full range (0-255) output, then your TV needs to be set to match (so, color space 0). If you're a limited range on your TV, then you wouldn't need to use xrandr and you should leave the Kodi setting at default (non-limited range)
(2015-01-21, 18:18)kuro9381 Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 16:33)Diapason Wrote: Are you setting your Kuro to colour space 3 setting when doing the tests?

I actually hadn't tried changing the Colour Space setting on the TV, thanks.

What HDMI output setting (auto/full/limited) and Kodi limited range setting (enabled/disabled) are you using in combination with Colour Space 3?

With my current xrandr output setting = Full and enabling 16-235 limited range in Kodi, Colour Space 4 (RGB 0-255) gives better results than 3 (16-235) playing 1-Black Clipping.mp4.

With brightness +2 on the TV I can just make out level 17, with +1 it's too close to call.
With my KRP-500m, I use xrandr to set GPU to full range (only way to get untouched signal out, although infoframes will now confuse the display), Kodi set to limited range and the display set to limited range RGB input (otherwise it will obey the infoframes and expect full range input, giving a washed out picture).

I need to slightly raise the brightness too to get the lowest levels to show (+1 or +2 I think). It doesn't raise the black level yet, and the same setting is needed with other devices too.

edit: did you remember to enable swfilter (if you're using Gotham) / disable prefer VAAPI rendering (if you're using Helix)?
That's exactly what I'm doing, lmyllari, and I'm doing it because you suggested exactly this a while ago! While there are various ways of ensuring correct black levels, this was the best picture I could get in terms of banding.
(2015-01-21, 18:41)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 18:28)Diapason Wrote: That's odd. I've xrandr set to output full, I have limited range enabled in Kodi, and colour space 3 (16-235) set on the TV, brightness is set to +2 on the TV and that seems just about right... This is with a KRP-500M.

if you're using xrandr to set full range (0-255) output, then your TV needs to be set to match (so, color space 0). If you're a limited range on your TV, then you wouldn't need to use xrandr and you should leave the Kodi setting at default (non-limited range)
When using xrandr to set full range output, the TV needs to be set to match the Kodi setting. If Kodi is set to limited range, then the TV needs to be set to limited range too (although some TVs like Panasonic plasmas ignore the infoframes and always expect a limited range signal).

Everything at default (the same as setting limited range with xrandr and full range in Kodi) provides properly tagged limited range signal, but the levels are scaled twice (first by Kodi limited->full range, then by GPU full->limited range), causing banding and clipping BtB and WtW. (PC monitors will get a full range signal, but that is still scaled once and has the same problems.)
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7