• 13(current)
Req Sports scraper
(2015-01-20, 22:19)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Maniac,
I've been working on a Live Score addon for a while. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196499

However, what's being shown in this thread is incredibly impressive so, at some point, I'll see if there's a way to integrate my addon with this.

I know Smile I've tested it. It's good work, but feel like it needs propper interface, like a real addon\program, where you can navigate competitions and teams via full gui.
Also I would like to follow certian teams not entire leagues. So that I get notifications just from them. But that's just me Smile

@zag: Yeah, all images for FM are Id specific, faces, kits, logos. I have FM15 at home, with db-editor, I can take a look and see how easy til would be to export data from it? Pro Evolution Soccer games uses the same data. Important that we don't export more than needed, those databases are big Smile
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2015-01-20, 20:14)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 20:03)Maniac Wrote: TheSportsDB is a great idea, I will try to contribute as much as I can regarding the database itself.

When it comes to graphics for the soccer section. I recomend using the different graphics-packs for Football Manager games. They have loads of logopacks, facepacks, kitpacks and backgrounds that can be used for fanart.
http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

This is suberb! Big Grin
Do you know about resources of other sports?

I only know some resources for Formula 1 found in this topic http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=96518
Little new feature for Soccer:
- Spectators data
- goals data
- yellow/red card data
- Shots on target data (api only)

http://www.thesportsdb.com/event/450760

EDIT: Also Livescores are now available for soccer

http://www.thesportsdb.com/forum/viewtop...6&t=5#p150

If anyone can find a livescores xml for american sports let me know and I will add it.
Wow. Live score data is much more comprehensive than my scraper. I feel depressed now!

(2015-01-21, 16:03)Maniac Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 22:19)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Maniac,
I've been working on a Live Score addon for a while. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196499

However, what's being shown in this thread is incredibly impressive so, at some point, I'll see if there's a way to integrate my addon with this.

I know Smile I've tested it. It's good work, but feel like it needs propper interface, like a real addon\program, where you can navigate competitions and teams via full gui.
Also I would like to follow certian teams not entire leagues. So that I get notifications just from them. But that's just me Smile

@zag: Yeah, all images for FM are Id specific, faces, kits, logos. I have FM15 at home, with db-editor, I can take a look and see how easy til would be to export data from it? Pro Evolution Soccer games uses the same data. Important that we don't export more than needed, those databases are big Smile
I know what you mean about the interface!

As for restricting teams, that's on my list. However, I'm losing momentum given how impressive this thread is looking. Where I am getting lost though is understanding hire it will be incorporated into kodi.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

When uploading clear art to the db please try to add some small degree of shadow and check if the background is fully transparent (copy paste to a black background for exampe). A lot of sharpness around the clear art can be avoided by choosing a shadow of a similar colour of the previous background. A white shadow in this la liga clearart would make it look much better.

Cheers
So, I started making the module to be used by any addon (including the one that I'm developing).

You can check the code and the module usage here: https://github.com/enen92/script.module.thesportsdb

At the moment it doesn't have any API key (will request it later) and only has the queries implemented. Further parsing of the obtained results are not present yet. In the future every league, team or player will be treated as an object so only parts of the information (art, stadium, etc) can be obtained by passing the whole dictionary object.

I'll add stuff and develop it more once I need the methods implemented in the main addon.

Cheers

PS: Let me know of any requests/complains/changes you might find important.
(2015-01-22, 00:19)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Wow. Live score data is much more comprehensive than my scraper. I feel depressed now!

As for restricting teams, that's on my list. However, I'm losing momentum given how impressive this thread is looking. Where I am getting lost though is understanding hire it will be incorporated into kodi.

Please don't loose any momentum Big Grin. The live scores especially come from a paid 3rd party provider and I'm not sure I will be able to keep financing it forever. Its also restricted to updating only every 5mins.

It would be great to have the BBC as well. Its actually the first thing I tried to scrape myself!
(2015-01-23, 03:21)enen92 Wrote: So, I started making the module to be used by any addon (including the one that I'm developing).

You can check the code and the module usage here: https://github.com/enen92/script.module.thesportsdb

At the moment it doesn't have any API key (will request it later) and only has the queries implemented. Further parsing of the obtained results are not present yet. In the future every league, team or player will be treated as an object so only parts of the information (art, stadium, etc) can be obtained by passing the whole dictionary object.

I'll add stuff and develop it more once I need the methods implemented in the main addon.

Cheers

PS: Let me know of any requests/complains/changes you might find important.

(2015-01-23, 11:27)zag Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 00:19)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Wow. Live score data is much more comprehensive than my scraper. I feel depressed now!

Please don't loose any momentum Big Grin. The live scores especially come from a paid 3rd party provider and I'm not sure I will be able to keep financing it forever. Its also restricted to updating only every 5mins.

It would be great to have the BBC as well. Its actually the first thing I tried to scrape myself!

ok. I'll take a look at the module and the type of data that's available and see if there's a way I can incoporate into my script.

i think the demotivation is mainly spurred by the quality of graphics etc which is really not my expertise (I mean, have you seen how bad the notification icons are for my addon!!)
el_paraguayo I love your addon I am not really into the mood of replicating stuff that is already awesome. My idea is just to make it look like sports are part of kodi, like tvshows and movies. This is a massive ammount of work and every skin is different. For obvious reasons I will only support 3 skins, I'll leave other skins for the devs of the skin or for others to make. That being said, even with the dialogs I will need help.

Live scores will be the last thing to implement and I don't even know how I'll do it nor what to scrape. Without having said it before, I was counting with you/your script for that part. It has much more leagues. Also,, I'm a crap with art...just been replicating skin stuff.

The most important thing now is getting high quality artwork in the db. That's why I'll share what is "finished" soon (leagues list) so people can realize how bad some images/clearart are.

So, do not stop developing your script. It is awesome and it was even mentioned on kodi's main page! The work I've been posting will still require loads of time to be something usefull.
I think we're all on the same page here. What I was trying to work out is how I can best help out with bringing sports data on to kodi. The speed that sportdb seems to be developing was freaking me out!

I am very committed to helping in any way I can (work permitting) so, for now, I'll carry on with my script as it is but I suspect, at some point, I'll need to turn it into a Live Scores Service which caters for the sports covered by the site. That's no small task but one I'm certainly happy to have a crack at.

let me know if there are any other ways I can help out.

I'll fork your module code as well.

ps I'd missed the mention on the main page - that's pretty awesome - feeling good now!!
Regarding the league artwork I have found a nice quick method of making a transparent PNG look good.

If you load the PNG in GIMP and simply go to:

- script-fu
- outer glow
- make it light grey
- make it 2 or 4 pixels wide (depending on your image size)
- Reduce the opacity a little to about 60%

You can turn something like this:

into this which will look much better on dark backgrounds

It appears to me that the LIGA BBVA is a HD clear logo so here you go:

(2015-01-23, 17:59)Hazmat Wrote: It appears to me that the LIGA BBVA is a HD clear logo so here you go:

Now we are talking Rofl

PS: Borders of the skin look shitty due to missing artwork...
Problem I am mainly seeing is that when people post logos or badges, they leave white pixels surrounding all the edges or butcher parts of the image to try and make it transparent. Using some quick select tool and deleting the background is not a solution. Top 2 images are what is on the site while the bottom two are what I have posted. I also put a black layer behind the different images to show that just because something might look good on a white background, doesn't mean it will look good on a darker color. Logos and badges need to look good when they have any color background behind them. Best of luck guys still rooting for you! Don't forget to stop by Fanart.tv and get users over there to post some amazing stuff. I'm sitting on a gold mine of logos and badges(almost 300 and counting) for practically all of the NFL, NBA, and Ice Hockey. Go express your support at Fanart.tv if you haven't already!

This will give you an idea of how to check your work before posting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWN_P1hdVc

How to extract a logo from a non-transparent image: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B268gXjQ8i0
The problem I'm seeing is that the people that are mainly contributing to it have little no experience with image editing/editing software. It would be could if you or others with the same level of skills can upload some nice clearart. The fanarts are pretty simple to get but the images requiring a transparent background are hard to make.

I'll share soon my plugin with the "main menu" (or the start of it) and the navigation from the main menu to leagues. Probably then some more people will contribute to it and improve the artwork. It refreshes as soon as you enter the section so pretty easy to check what looks good and what looks crappy (and update it "on the fly").

Cheers
Keep up the good work
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sports scraper1