• 61(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hi!

As this is my first post, i'll introduce myself a bit. I'm Pikoh from Spain, i use kodi in a raspbery pi b+ and i'm a bit new in all this kodi world.

First of all,thank you to Bromix for this great plugin. I know what is like to do something like this for free and people instead of being grateful,just complain as if they were paying for it.

After all this,two questions:

- When can we expect an repository update to solve this vevo issue?
- I'm trying to share some playlists using YATSE. The problem is,if just one video in the playlist is unavailable for any reason (VEVO,region restriction..)
the whole playlist is not loaded. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks again and sorry if i made any mistakes,my english is not as good as i'd like it to be Smile
So I understand that currently kodi is unable to decode the seperate DASH video and audio encodes used by certain youtube streams. However, youtube-dl has the ability (using the --merge-output-format FORMAT) to remux the best video and audio streams. Would it be possible for this addon to have the option to perform this command before playing a video to allow kodi to play videos above the 720p resolution?

I'm sure this would be a lot of work to implement, and I'm not sure how quick the remuxing process is (I plan on doing some tests directly with youtube-dl), but this would be a killer feature to have implemented.
(2015-01-27, 19:17)bromix Wrote: Fixed with v.5.0.5~beta4 and thanks Smile

It fixed the error "It is restricted from playback on certain sites. watch it on youtube". Thanks for the quick fix.
Thanks for the addon, I haven't read the whole thread so it's likely my problem was addressed earlier but I was hoping you could update the faqs.

I was using an older version of the addon that required username and password rather than the new activation scheme and after updating the addon having my username and password in the config file seemed to throw things off (could have been something else in the settings file as after deleting the old one the new one is a fraction of the size). Now working great and hopefully that will continue. Another note is that in advanced settings I don't have a plugin debug option, my old config file had debug=true in it but the new one currently doesn't mention debug.

These notes are true for both 5.0.4 and 5.0.5~beta4 (running on Kodi 14). When I tried to revert from the beta back to stable I couldn't uninstall the plugin because it was in use by url resolver, which I couldn't uninstall because it was used by other plugins. I just removed the plugin directory and was then able to install the old version, but while that could see hadfield's space oddity in my watch later list it couldn't play it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo.

I'm now back on beta4 and everything is working ok. Thanks again for the great addon.
To: Bromix

Can you please tell me how I can send debug logs/where to send them with the YouTube addon and where the logs are stored?

Thanks.

By the way thanks for creating and maintaining this addon.
@bromix -- just wanted to stop by and show some love for all the great work you're doing with this add-on!

you are definitely appreciated!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-01-28, 08:31)J876 Wrote: To: Bromix

Can you please tell me how I can send debug logs/where to send them with the YouTube addon and where the logs are stored?

Thanks.

debug log (wiki)

Post them to pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello, I have:

- Raspberry B
- Openelec 5

I can't play vevo and others (This video contains content from VEVO. It is restricted for playback...)

18:03:43 T:2723148864 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:03:46 T:2723148864 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
18:03:46 T:2723148864 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.3
18:03:46 T:2723148864 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
18:03:46 T:2723148864 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.4)
18:03:46 T:2723148864 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] DEPRECATED "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=OPf0YbXqDm0"
18:03:46 T:2723148864 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] USE INSTEAD "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=OPf0YbXqDm0"
18:03:49 T:2723148864 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
iker - this problem already reported - and fixed, you can download the fix (beta4) from bromix repo, or wait untill the fix will be published in the official repo
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Sorry, I thought the beta4 was in official repo and I had the last beta. I just install bromix repo, youtube has been updated and works correctly.

A lot of thanks
(2015-01-27, 19:58)constrainer Wrote: As far as I know, the plugin works by downloading the video and playing it as a local temporary file (correct me if I'm wrong). I made an experiment and downloaded one video with issues from YouTube via third-party software, resulting in a 360p mp4 file. I played this file on XBMC (Gotham, 13.2, working on an MX Linux), and it plays smoothly and fine. Is it possible that the plugin is using different file format for the data, which triggers the issue with the decoding? If the plugin is providing an mp4 stream in 360, I think we're good.
Go to the Addon-Settings and select for video quality "360p" Smile

(2015-01-27, 22:28)Pikoh Wrote: Hi!

As this is my first post, i'll introduce myself a bit. I'm Pikoh from Spain, i use kodi in a raspbery pi b+ and i'm a bit new in all this kodi world.

First of all,thank you to Bromix for this great plugin. I know what is like to do something like this for free and people instead of being grateful,just complain as if they were paying for it.

After all this,two questions:

- When can we expect an repository update to solve this vevo issue?
- I'm trying to share some playlists using YATSE. The problem is,if just one video in the playlist is unavailable for any reason (VEVO,region restriction..)
the whole playlist is not loaded. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks again and sorry if i made any mistakes,my english is not as good as i'd like it to be Smile
I hope I can finished v5.0.5 for the weekend.
For the playlist - that I can't fix. That's a behavior of XBMC/KODI.

(2015-01-27, 22:43)Mman Wrote: So I understand that currently kodi is unable to decode the seperate DASH video and audio encodes used by certain youtube streams. However, youtube-dl has the ability (using the --merge-output-format FORMAT) to remux the best video and audio streams. Would it be possible for this addon to have the option to perform this command before playing a video to allow kodi to play videos above the 720p resolution?

I'm sure this would be a lot of work to implement, and I'm not sure how quick the remuxing process is (I plan on doing some tests directly with youtube-dl), but this would be a killer feature to have implemented.
Nope - not I can think of. Live mixing would be great, but I think this should be solved on the end of XBMC/KODI (via implementation of a player). DASH will come more and more in the future, because the server can switch the quality of the video while providing the same audio stream (see Netflix, Amazon, Google Movie - they all do it.) So the user won't be bothered with buffered (the video will be of low quality in some parts - but the video will play).

(2015-01-28, 02:31)finnaldo Wrote: Thanks for the addon, I haven't read the whole thread so it's likely my problem was addressed earlier but I was hoping you could update the faqs.

I was using an older version of the addon that required username and password rather than the new activation scheme and after updating the addon having my username and password in the config file seemed to throw things off (could have been something else in the settings file as after deleting the old one the new one is a fraction of the size). Now working great and hopefully that will continue. Another note is that in advanced settings I don't have a plugin debug option, my old config file had debug=true in it but the new one currently doesn't mention debug.

These notes are true for both 5.0.4 and 5.0.5~beta4 (running on Kodi 14). When I tried to revert from the beta back to stable I couldn't uninstall the plugin because it was in use by url resolver, which I couldn't uninstall because it was used by other plugins. I just removed the plugin directory and was then able to install the old version, but while that could see hadfield's space oddity in my watch later list it couldn't play it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo.

I'm now back on beta4 and everything is working ok. Thanks again for the great addon.

Sooooo, everything is working, but the debug option is missing? Wink
(2015-01-28, 20:21)bromix Wrote: Sooooo, everything is working, but the debug option is missing? Wink

Nice summary Wink

My suggestion was that maybe a couple of tweaks to the faq could help others in the assumption I can't be the only person to run into these problems.

1. If having login problems try deleting the old config file as the authentication mechanism has changed (just my theory so curious if you think this is likely).
2. Instructions say how to enable debug but the option wasn't available in the location described, since I'm using current kodi release and default skin, I was imagining the problem was common?
3. It should be possible to uninstall the youtube beta through the kodi UI, again I was assuming this was a common problem and not specific to me?

Thanks again, you rock.
Thank you.
J876 Wrote: To: Bromix

Thanks.

debug log
http://kodi.wiki/view/debug%20log

Post them to pastebin.

Thanks for your help nickj
So I'm having this conundrum:

I'm running 5.0.5~beta5 on Gotham 13.2 (Win7), and just recently when I select Search with the remote, I can't select anything on the on-screen keyboard. The only way off the screen is to select OK with nothing in the search box - I can't move to select letters/space or back out.

If I use PC Keyboard, I can type my search just fine, but when I back out to make a new search or selection, that search is not saved in my recent searches. I've Signed out (add-on and PC) and back in/reactivated and I get the same thing. Did I accidentally click a setting I'm not aware ofHuh

ALSO - I assumethe History is watched history. Any way to have it show Search History from the web? (just lookin' for a way around if necessary. Not quite ready o make the jump to KODI until my skin is compatible.)

Any help would be hot! Wink

Thanks in Advance
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20