• 6(current)
Wetek Play
Almost the holy grail here....:

http://www.wetekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=350

live tv in kodi via tvheadend running on android!
(2015-01-28, 14:41)tdw197 Wrote: Almost the holy grail here....:

http://www.wetekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=350

live tv in kodi via tvheadend running on android!

This is awesome, thanks. I've been ignoring that section of the Wetek Forums.
So, trying to understand WeTek... I see it has an ATSC version box with an antenna in. Possible to use for XBMC with live TV/PVR with the backend being part of the box?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-01-28, 20:41)hdmkv Wrote: So, trying to understand WeTek... I see it has an ATSC version box with an antenna in. Possible to use for XBMC with live TV/PVR with the backend being part of the box?

Would also like to know this as i'm thinking of getting one.
(2015-01-28, 20:41)hdmkv Wrote: So, trying to understand WeTek... I see it has an ATSC version box with an antenna in. Possible to use for XBMC with live TV/PVR with the backend being part of the box?

I have the ATSC version, using Tvheadend as the backend on the Wetek works great. However, there is an issue affecting the ATSC units in US where the channels aren't all scanning properly. There should be an update within the next week to fix this. You will need a separate computer to go into the backend via an internet browser to configure the settings.
Thanks chi-guy, that sounds promising enough to try out. Is this box running Android or OpenELEC; looks like they offer both versions?
Oh, and another thing, I assume you can record to attached USB storage or NAS?
My HT
(2015-01-28, 23:39)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks chi-guy, that sounds promising enough to try out. Is this box running Android or OpenELEC; looks like they offer both versions?
Oh, and another thing, I assume you can record to attached USB storage or NAS?

You can run both, I'm using openelec as I think the pq for live TV is better. I'm also recording to my NAS from the wetek too
Cool, glad I check this thread out. Re: OpenELEC, if you buy their microSD card, if inserted into WeTek, does it automatically boot from it to OpenELEC? Can you return to Android by taking card out or something?
My HT
(2015-01-29, 00:04)hdmkv Wrote: Cool, glad I check this thread out. Re: OpenELEC, if you buy their microSD card, if inserted into WeTek, does it automatically boot from it to OpenELEC? Can you return to Android by taking card out or something?

Yep, exactly that - card in is openelec, out is android.

I used one of my own cards with their wetek openelec installer, I thought €10 for an 8gb card was expensive
Thanks... think I'm ordering, especially as it appears to do 23.976 as well. What about DTS/DD passthrough? Downmix from DTS-MA or TrueHD? I don't think HD audio is supported right?
My HT
Maybe also nice to know a lot of team members got one.
Not saying we endorce them but it makes it way more likely to work "out of the box" in near future. Because if it doesn't work for ourselves you can be assured it will be fixed Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-29, 00:33)Martijn Wrote: Maybe also nice to know a lot of team members got one.
Not saying we endorce them but it makes it way more likely to work "out of the box" in near future. Because if it doesn't work for ourselves you can be assured it will be fixed Wink

Nice one, that's me sold.
Someone mentioned a few pages back that Kodi performance on Android was sluggish with his large 1,200+ library. Are most here using OpenELEC? How are you finding it, especially with large local movie/TV collection?
My HT
OE works fine for me, speed wise (local library and tvheadend running on the box). There are still some playback and other issues though, but these are being worked on.
Double sorry
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4