• 15(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
(2015-01-26, 14:47)wrayan Wrote: The empty albums/extra tracks issue is still present however. If I got this correctly, when clicking on an album in the search result list, another query using the album title as search string is performed to get the tracks and that's part of the problem. If I do this in Google Music web interface, the same thing happens - search for the Album "Toto IV" there for example returns not only the tracks in that album but also the same unrelated albums and tracks I see when browsing the search results via the kodi addon. So, I'm wondering wether it's possible to search for the album contents using some unique album id instead of the album title - or, as the per-song album information is available in the search result (sort by album works fine...), I assume it may also be possible to filter search results and just show the songs belonging to this album.

In alpha5 and before, search was always by title string, but in alpha6 if a album_id or artist_id is available (All Access results) it will be used. If the album is in your library then no album_id is available and search by string is done.
Thanks for prompt reply, will try that on testing machine. I currently have Fusion release so hope this will be compatible
Alpha 6 has resolved the extra tracks issue for me.

Top work. Thankyou!
(2015-01-26, 18:57)foreverguest Wrote: In alpha5 and before, search was always by title string, but in alpha6 if a album_id or artist_id is available (All Access results) it will be used. If the album is in your library then no album_id is available and search by string is done.

Ah yes ok that makes perfectly sense - and I can confirm, the problem now only occurs for albums i got in my library, all access results are fine. Nice! Smile (come to think of it, if there was a search history (or better: search bookmarks) I wouldn't need the library so much at all)
So I went back to 1.2 and the songs are correctly sorted in the order they should be for each album. I'll put alpha6 on later to see how search is working, but will go back to 1.2 because correct song order is more important for me than search ability.
Where do you see incorrect song order? when browsing library? search results? playlists?
Looks like alpha6 fixed the sort problems too. Still getting an error, will post a log tomorrow.
1.3 is done, thanks for your help testing, moving on.

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.3
- show artwork when browsing artists/albums/playlists/search results
- show album artwork when playing song
- change view when browsing library and added option to disable it (only works with confluence)
- added alternative sort methods
- fixes for all access search
(2015-01-28, 14:44)foreverguest Wrote: 1.3 is done, thanks for your help testing, moving on.

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.3
- show artwork when browsing artists/albums/playlists/search results
- show album artwork when playing song
- change view when browsing library and added option to disable it (only works with confluence)
- added alternative sort methods
- fixes for all access search

I really like the new artist view, it looks much nicer than just using a list. I've been using 1.3 and I've noticed a couple things:
  • I like the new addon icon, however the old icon still shows up in Confluence when in Music Addons and Thumbnail view.
  • Is it possible to use the orange fanart.jpg you included in the addon as the background in all views when no media is playing? Currently the background fanart only shows up when browsing addons and as soon as you enter Google Music EXP, the background changes to the default Confluence background.
  • When browsing Artists, is there any way to have the sorting method ignore articles (The, A, Of, etc.)? It would be nice to have The Beatles sorted with the b's rather than with the t's.
  • When browsing Album view, albums are sorted by artist name first rather than album name. This results in the same sorting method as the artist view. I understand the purpose of having the artist name in the title, but maybe move it to the end and sort the albums alpahbetically by album name instead.
  • When browsing All Songs, the songs are sorted by artist name first rather than song title. I have the same comment as the Album view, I think the songs should be sorted alphabetically by song title regardless of the artist.

I think the sorting changes (either optional or not) would help to give the user an experience consistent to the way music is displayed on the Google Music website. Thanks for all you're work on this, I use this addon every day.
yes, with the alternative sort methods it's not needed to have the artist name as part of the album name - or it at least shouldnt
(2015-01-28, 17:26)Devo7v Wrote: I like the new addon icon, however the old icon still shows up in Confluence when in Music Addons and Thumbnail view.
Kodi caches it, you can wait the cache expire or remove the Textures#.db file.
(2015-01-28, 17:26)Devo7v Wrote: Is it possible to use the orange fanart.jpg you included in the addon as the background in all views when no media is playing?
Don't know, I will check.
(2015-01-28, 17:26)Devo7v Wrote: When browsing Artists, is there any way to have the sorting method ignore articles (The, A, Of, etc.)? It would be nice to have The Beatles sorted with the b's rather than with the t's.
When browsing Album view, albums are sorted by artist name first rather than album name. This results in the same sorting method as the artist view. I understand the purpose of having the artist name in the title, but maybe move it to the end and sort the albums alpahbetically by album name instead.
When browsing All Songs, the songs are sorted by artist name first rather than song title. I have the same comment as the Album view, I think the songs should be sorted alphabetically by song title regardless of the artist.
Suggestions noted, I will try to do some changes to next version.

Thanks.
(2015-01-28, 18:55)foreverguest Wrote: Kodi caches it, you can wait the cache expire or remove the Textures#.db file.
Fixed, thanks. On another note, I recently installed 14.0, but for some reason it won't display any icons (weather, addon, menu, etc.). I've done a clean install twice but for some reason they just don't show up, any ideas.

(2015-01-28, 18:55)foreverguest Wrote: Don't know, I will check.
Check the YouTube addon in the Kodi repository, it is implemented there.

(2015-01-28, 18:55)foreverguest Wrote: Suggestions noted, I will try to do some changes to next version.

Thanks.
Thanks for taking a look at this, I appreciate all the effort you've put into it.
Hello

Thanks for that awesome addon!

I have a question -
Is there a way to make it scrobble to Last.fm?

thanks
Hello and thanks for this great addon !

I would like to make it work with the PseudoLibrary addon in order to display the music nicely in my Music Library. I noticed that the label displayed when browsing an album is just the song title, whereas the PseudoLibrary addon requires a label "Artist - Song title". I tried to modify it directly in the addon but it seemed to me that the necessary code is already there. I added some log to verify the string passed to the method creating the ListItem and it is correct.

Do you know if Kodi, or the skin is overriding this label ? If so, is there a workaround ?

Thanks !

BTW, i'm running OpenElec 5.0.0 with Rasperry Pi and the 1.3 version of this addon.
(2015-02-03, 13:14)staticx1 Wrote: Hello

Thanks for that awesome addon!

I have a question -
Is there a way to make it scrobble to Last.fm?
Have you installed the last.fm scrobbler addon for Kodi? That should work AFAIK.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17