• 189(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
I'm watching Live TV on 2.6.10 on Kodi 14.0 on a Win7 PC.
I've just installed a 2nd Win7 PC on the same network with the same components - but Live TV fails with "Network Error: Failed to fetch URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/bbc_news24".
The 1st PC on the same network still plays Live TV ok.
If I open a browser (no proxy) on the failing PC to that URL, the XML is fetched.
I tried disabling the Win7 firewall on the failed PC and the symptom remains

I don't know how to read the Kodi log (which is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=395157)
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what's wrong? The two installations seem identical to me, and I don't understand why one works and the other does not.
Is there any way to feed a program ID into the plugin?

I realise all the programming isn't available in the listings that the BBC provide, but it would be nice if i could find a program on the BBC website then tell the iplayer addon to play it directly?

Just now, if a show is on the website but not on the plugin, i end up downloading it manually with get iplayer, watch it then delete it again, which is a little tedious. If i could just type the PID or URL from the website into the plugin that would solve the immediate issue without too much effort?
(2015-01-29, 11:54)aragorn Wrote: Is there any way to feed a program ID into the plugin?

I realise all the programming isn't available in the listings that the BBC provide, but it would be nice if i could find a program on the BBC website then tell the iplayer addon to play it directly?

Just now, if a show is on the website but not on the plugin, i end up downloading it manually with get iplayer, watch it then delete it again, which is a little tedious. If i could just type the PID or URL from the website into the plugin that would solve the immediate issue without too much effort?

You can download shows based on the PID or URL using get-iplayer and then add them to your Kodi library. I did it this evening with Death in Paradise as the first 3 episodes of the current series are available on the website but not on the iPlayer addon.

Also, has anyone had any problems watching shows tonight? Some would play and some would not. No real pattern to it. I haven't had chance to check the logs yet.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-02-01, 03:27)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 11:54)aragorn Wrote: Is there any way to feed a program ID into the plugin?

You can download shows based on the PID or URL using get-iplayer and then add them to your Kodi library. I did it this evening with Death in Paradise as the first 3 episodes of the current series are available on the website but not on the iPlayer addon.

Also, has anyone had any problems watching shows tonight? Some would play and some would not. No real pattern to it. I haven't had chance to check the logs yet.

Could you expand on how you add PID/URLs to the library? I can't seem to google it...
Once the file is downloaded it is a media file like any other. Name correctly, update library, done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks, I didn't read your post properly. I thought you meant adding a link to the library...
(2015-02-04, 12:13)nickr Wrote: Once the file is downloaded it is a media file like any other. Name correctly, update library, done.

You can set the get_iplayer command to download it to a specific location with your own naming convention.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Got it.

I just jumped to the the wishful conclusion that you could add links from get_iplayer to the library, because I think it would be quite neat if you could get access to all the programming that way.
Hi,
Seeing all streams cut out after a couple of minutes. Resuming the show leads to it stopping at the exact same second, it's as if there is no data after that point in the video and it's impossible to jump forward beyond that point.

Any known issues, on 2.6.10 with that latest Ubuntu Helix release?
(2015-02-08, 23:47)belrik Wrote: Hi,
Seeing all streams cut out after a couple of minutes. Resuming the show leads to it stopping at the exact same second, it's as if there is no data after that point in the video and it's impossible to jump forward beyond that point.

Same here too (but time before stopping is variable, depending on which stream).
(2015-02-08, 23:55)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 23:47)belrik Wrote: Hi,

Same here too (but time before stopping is variable, depending on which stream).

Yes, time varies for each show but when attempting to re-play the same show it will stop at the exact same point. Feels like the time calculation is off maybe, almost like the plugin thinks that the video in question is done at that point. I turned on debug logging in the iPlayer addon but the only error I see is "ERROR: Control 51 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't"
Im having terrible buffering issues even with advancedsettings.xml setting up the recommended streaming and caching settings
Ive even lowered stream quality and tested out each streaming source such as akamai etc

Its not my internet because iplayer through my android device to chromecast works perfectly fine no buffering
Hi All,

Is there any way to script the launching of streams?

I used to use the XBMC Alarm Clock in conjunction with the BBC Radio windows media streams to wake up to the radio in the morning.
Since the BBC stopped those streams, this no longer works.

I'm thinking I could use a cron-type addon to start this plugin on the radio stream but have no idea whether this is possible?

Thanks for any and all help...
(2015-02-09, 15:33)bahman Wrote: Im having terrible buffering issues even with advancedsettings.xml setting up the recommended streaming and caching settings
Ive even lowered stream quality and tested out each streaming source such as akamai etc

Its not my internet because iplayer through my android device to chromecast works perfectly fine no buffering

I'm in the same boat. I think it's due to the android being able to adjust the stream on the fly, which I don't think this script can do yet.
Having issues with 2.6.10 using Helix 14.1 on a Win 8 machine. Seems that some episodes won't load at all, others will work for a bit but then stop after 20min. Upon resume nothing changes. Have tried rebooting the machine but no difference. Everything was working fine with this setup up until about a week ago. Any thoughts?
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13