Filtered view available?
Hi

I am using Quartz in Gotham 13.2 on my Rpi.

I have quite a large collection of movies and would like a menu with a filtered view of them, for example, movies only dated 2014 with an IMDB of 6+ for example.

Is this possible?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty and coding something, but I am concerned whether this is possible at all? Or would it require an enormous amount of work?

Thanks for the skin by the way, it really is great and works very very well.
(2015-01-30, 15:07)yhs4260 Wrote: Hi

I am using Quartz in Gotham 13.2 on my Rpi.

I have quite a large collection of movies and would like a menu with a filtered view of them, for example, movies only dated 2014 with an IMDB of 6+ for example.

Is this possible?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty and coding something, but I am concerned whether this is possible at all? Or would it require an enormous amount of work?

Thanks for the skin by the way, it really is great and works very very well.

You make your own smartplaylists and assign them to Movies submenu items?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

In addition to what pecinko said, here are some steps that should help you accomplish what you want.

1) Go to Movies > Browse > Playlists

2) Select 'New smart playlist'

3) Under the `Find items where section` add a new rule with the criteria you want to filter by. For example, .'Year' is '2000' and, 'Rating' greater than '6'

4) Save your playlist and you are done.

You can then add this to your actual Quartz Movie navigation by making the playlist a Favourite, then go to Settings > Skin > Home menus customizer and place the Favourite you created in one of the open favourite slots.

Hope that helps a bit!
excellent thanks for the replies Smile

pecinko I have posted another question about my shelf items not updating on other devices when I manually sync the db and thumbs, is there a way around this, a command or script i can force it to update?

I can reboot, but would prefer not to.
I have tried XBMC.ReloadSkin but that did not work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
What do you mean by manually syncing the DB?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filtered view available?0