• 1(current)
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
This is an Addon for ThinkTV.org which contains the PBS network content as well as some local content.

The current version is 1.0.6 which fixes a number of issues and adds clips and previews. It is available in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.thinktv

An earlier stable version (1.0.3) has been submitted to the Kodi.org repo.
If you try the version from my git, please let me know how it works for you. I will submit the latest once it has been tested as stable.
Absolutely awesome, learningit!

You have taken a great addon and have made it even better!

Thanks for all your work here.
Once again... Great work learningit!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Any plans to add proxy support for users outside the United States?
(2015-01-31, 10:45)Eye in the sky Wrote: Any plans to add proxy support for users outside the United States?

Try version 1.0.7 from my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.thinktv

I added proxy support, this is my first time and I'm not sure that I got it right. To test I used a London proxy and it seems to work fine. I actually don't think this addon requires a proxy, but it's there now. Let me know if it works for you using the proxy.
Nova Videos are not available in Germany due to right restriction, but with proxy enabled, everything is playing fine.

Thanks!
Version 1.0.8 has added support for sub-titles. Not all programs have sub-titles, so the addon will play them if available and sub-titles are enabled in the addon settings.
Is it feasible to provide the live stream of ThinkTV with this add-on?
Charles
(2015-02-04, 05:29)cmbr Wrote: Is it feasible to provide the live stream of ThinkTV with this add-on?
To the best of my knowledge (which isn't much) there is not a legal live stream directly from PBS. There is a live stream of the PBS News Hour at either 6 or 5 PM EST on several different sites (YouTube , UStream.TV ). I also believe that USTVNow has a PBS channel.
(2015-02-04, 06:16)learningit Wrote: I also believe that USTVNow has a PBS channel.
Yes, the USTVNow feed is from KPSU in Pennsylvania. I was hoping to find an alternate to that stream.
Charles
Really cool addon!

Is there any way to add support for logging in to PBS and getting their HD streams? Specifically stuff like great performances. Usually if you go through the website they have an HD stream but it requires you be logged in.
(2015-02-05, 20:05)msarro Wrote: Really cool addon!

Is there any way to add support for logging in to PBS and getting their HD streams? Specifically stuff like great performances. Usually if you go through the website they have an HD stream but it requires you be logged in.

The addon should automatically be playing the highest resolution available (as if you're logged in on a browser). If you find it's not, let me know which specific show and episode that is giving you a problem. Not all shows are available in 720p. The ones that I tested which were not in 720P in the addon were also not in 720p in a browser even if I was logged into PBS.

EDIT: I just tested about 20 episodes of "Great Performances" and they all play in 720p which, I believe, is the highest resolution PBS has. Have you actually tried playing the videos? Also you should have the latest version out of my git which right now is V1.0.10.
@learningit,

In the Smithsonian addon thread, I indicated earlier that I've already installed and tried out your PBS ThinkTV addon (v1.0.10). And that the subtitling feature was working.

Actually, I'm afraid subtitling's still somewhat spotty, i.e, at times they do; other times they don't. Tested the feature on a couple of recent Frontline episodes.

If it helps, I'm running Kodi 14.1 on a Win7 x86 machine.

Your help, as always, would be very much appreciated.
(2015-02-06, 06:14)alpha_male Wrote: Actually, I'm afraid subtitling's still somewhat spotty, i.e, at times they do; other times they don't. Tested the feature on a couple of recent Frontline episodes.

Please enable debug logging and play the episodes which don't have subtitles. Post the log on xbmclogs or pastebin and let me know which Frontline episodes don't have subtitles.
I tested the first page of episodes and all the subtitles worked for me.
Another strange thing: Subtitling worked with a Nova episode, but not with any Frontline or American Experience ones.

Anyway, I looked for the Debug Logging feature under Settings but didn't find it anywhere. Sorry to be such an inconvenience, but could you kindly point me to the right direction, please?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon6