• 11(current)
Deprecated PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX
This plugin works with any "compatible" xbmc/kodi plugins whether supported here or elsewhere. We just don't discuss banned plugins on this forum.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Quick question, I want to pull in the directory of bromix youtube addon called what to watch. From the example on the first post it talks only of channels or users, what would the config be for that directory or is it the same as with the other addons that ure directories?
(2014-12-23, 06:43)Frozin Wrote: Quick question, I want to pull in the directory of bromix youtube addon called what to watch. From the example on the first post it talks only of channels or users, what would the config be for that directory or is it the same as with the other addons that ure directories?

Yes, use the "Plugin" type
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Edit: Nevermind... I got it going.

Trying this out with Spotlight. Anyone had any success with this plugin? I have it making STRM files. The music plays but they must be rescanned each time I start up (similar to PlayOn). The only issue I am running into is getting the files to scan to the library. They output into one big folder and have an "artist - Song title" format.

Code:
Plugin|plugin.audio.spotlight/Playlists|""|25000|1|Spotlight
I installed the Pseudo Library and Pseudo tv live yesterday. I get only one channel, a tech channel called Logitech. I went into the Pseudo Library as it seems one has to populate it to get channels on Pseudo Tv, but there is nothing there. On a video I watched to set up the system, there was a step in the process to search for Ustvnow and other options, I can't even see this in the settings. Could there be something wrong with my addon? If so how can I uninstall the Pseudo Library, I tried and not seeing that option either, it's not like the other add-ons. Please help! Thanks.
Does anyone have this working on a Mac? I created a settings2.xml file, and put a number of different entries in it, including some in the examples, but nothing happens when I try to create strms. I assume you click PseudoLibrary under Programs, and click Yes to the "Generate Strm's" prompt in the resulting dialog box. Nothing happens when I do this, and no files are created in any folder I chose. I checked permissions and read/write is enabled for everyone in the folders. It seems like there should be some kind of feedback if things worked or not (or did anything), but I get no response and nothing is created. It looks like I'm running version 0.0.8.
(2015-01-19, 01:58)pcdude Wrote: Does anyone have this working on a Mac? I created a settings2.xml file, and put a number of different entries in it, including some in the examples, but nothing happens when I try to create strms. I assume you click PseudoLibrary under Programs, and click Yes to the "Generate Strm's" prompt in the resulting dialog box. Nothing happens when I do this, and no files are created in any folder I chose. I checked permissions and read/write is enabled for everyone in the folders. It seems like there should be some kind of feedback if things worked or not (or did anything), but I get no response and nothing is created. It looks like I'm running version 0.0.8.
I got it working by switching "Video" to "Generic" in all entries in the settings2.xml file. Still some feedback when things do not work would be nice. So far so good.
So if my understanding is right, one of the uses of this addon could be "party music video playlist - daft punk, flume, calvin harris etc" and when i run psuedolibrary it will load one of the strm's that i added and i can just click next if i don't like the current music video? And the community list is some sort of playlist created by the community but it isn't yet implemented? If so i will keep an eye out for this addon.
I'm not sure I understand. Is this an alternative to xbmc.mylibrary? If so, how is it different?
(2015-01-29, 23:09)ratzofftoya Wrote: I'm not sure I understand. Is this an alternative to xbmc.mylibrary? If so, how is it different?

I'd say it fundamentally does the same thing as xbmc.mylibrary. The big difference is that this runs as a Kodi add-on instead of as an external application. That makes it easier to install, more cross platform, and easily controllable from within Kodi. With xbmc.mylibrary, you have to install Java, and it seems to work best on Windows.
(2015-01-30, 00:07)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 23:09)ratzofftoya Wrote: I'm not sure I understand. Is this an alternative to xbmc.mylibrary? If so, how is it different?

I'd say it fundamentally does the same thing as xbmc.mylibrary. The big difference is that this runs as a Kodi add-on instead of as an external application. That makes it easier to install, more cross platform, and easily controllable from within Kodi. With xbmc.mylibrary, you have to install Java, and it seems to work best on Windows.

Got it, thanks. Yes, I certainly had trouble with xbmc.mylibrary running reliably on other platforms. Are there any things mylibrary is still better at? My script was a work of art, particularly when it came to navigating the stupid way Amazon files its shows.
(2015-01-30, 01:07)ratzofftoya Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 00:07)pkscout Wrote:

Got it, thanks. Yes, I certainly had trouble with xbmc.mylibrary running reliably on other platforms. Are there any things mylibrary is still better at? My script was a work of art, particularly when it came to navigating the stupid way Amazon files its shows.

It's hard to say. I basically only need something like this for Hulu, and both worked well for that. I just like using an addon instead of an external program. And not having to have Java installed is a bonus.
Sorry to ask this, but can somebody explain how to kick off this plugin to do something? I haven't tried it yet, and don't want to install it if it's not really what I thought it could do.

From what it sounds, it can generate strm files from youtube videos. In order to do this, can I just pull up the context menu on the video I want to generate the strm file for and it will do it for me? This is the part where I don't know how it works.
(2015-01-31, 16:01)wiz561 Wrote: Sorry to ask this, but can somebody explain how to kick off this plugin to do something? I haven't tried it yet, and don't want to install it if it's not really what I thought it could do.

From what it sounds, it can generate strm files from youtube videos. In order to do this, can I just pull up the context menu on the video I want to generate the strm file for and it will do it for me? This is the part where I don't know how it works.

Not exactly. You create rules like "create stream files from my Hulu queue" and then run the add-on from the Programs menu (or automate it with something like CronXBMC). It runs through all your rules, and if it finds matches it creates the stream files.
This is an awesome plugin! It's very similar to something I've been trying to hack together for a few days now, using the netflixbmc plugin. I'm trying to generate streams for my suggestions from netflix and running into something funky. Basically I have a rule like this:

Movies|Plugin|plugin.video.netflixbmc/Suggestions/Top Pick for ... |""|10|1|NetflixMovies

It seems to get started ok, but then it starts launching the actual url's (which given the nature of the plugin, open the netflix site in chrome). Any ideas?

Finally, I've never gotten it to actually create any .strm files. Will it create the "NetflixMovies" folder referenced above somewhere, or does it require an absolute path to an existing folder?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX5