• 65(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-01-31, 01:34)bromix Wrote: v5.0.5~beta6 UP!

I hope the problem with python 2.7.9 is gone Smile

It works beautifully! Thanks a lot. Smile
Hi can someone explain for me how i install this youtube plugin for my kodi helix version? I have a Mac mini and i have used the old youtube addon that installs within Kodi, but now that vevo videos don't work and i guess that it works with this plugin?
(2015-01-31, 01:34)bromix Wrote: v5.0.5~beta6 UP!

I hope the problem with python 2.7.9 is gone Smile

Amazing work bromix I can once again watch my fav vevo vids on youtube again Big Grin

many thanks for all your hard work

Raines44
Is it possible for me to install this youtube plugin on my mac mini and if so how do i do it? Please help..
Sorry to bother but today My playlist are no longer complete, some video just vanished from the add on.... I checked directly on my youtube account and their are still here...any ideas?
Thanks!

Edit: after investigation on my ipad the video that disapear says " video blocked on this device" , not on the youtube app for ipad but when i go to safari \ youtube...Sad. On the youtube app everything is as usual...) Maybe kody is "black listed" somehow for some videos now , yesterday everything was fine...arg

Edit 2: if i play in shuffle mode every video show on the playlist... I dońt understand...but not on the add on screen.
(2015-01-31, 18:18)Frallan10 Wrote: Is it possible for me to install this youtube plugin on my mac mini and if so how do i do it? Please help..
Same as any other addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Having an issue. Will post a log if necessary, but I'm not getting any errors.

Did a fresh instal of 14.1 on my friend's Windows machine. Once I was done getting all my addons installed, I realized I had the old version of YouTube and I was unable to get the update from the repo. I removed the addon from my user folder and deleted the addons.db. Now I don't have the YouTube addon anymore and I can't install it from the repo or manually. Any ideas?

EDIT : I was finally able to get the YouTube addon installed by installing Bromix's repo and installing from there instead. Smile
Problem solved..
Thanks for the addon. can you please add download option?
With the version from the Kodi Repo I'm having issues playing this video
http://youtu.be/Ab5msqjhdE0

All other video's I'm playing work just fine.
Because everything is working good so far I will PR version 5.0.5 to HELIX.

For some infos see Milestone 5.0.5

The next small steps already ahead for Milestone 5.0.6 - in the progress of the milestone more issues will be added (for example if someone found a bug in 5.0.5 or any other kind of problems).

Thanks for the help to optimize the addon in version 5.0.5 and all your feedback! Smile
EDIT: installed the beta version from the repo. and it seems it's been fixed. thanks. Smile

hello!
since the last update a lot of my subscription videos don't work anymore.

they show a following message when trying to start playback:
"this video contains content from someone. it is restricted from playback on certain sites"

is anyone else having this issue? if so, is there any workarounds?
(2015-02-02, 04:25)fabiomello Wrote: EDIT: installed the beta version from the repo. and it seems it's been fixed. thanks. Smile

hello!
since the last update a lot of my subscription videos don't work anymore.

they show a following message when trying to start playback:
"this video contains content from someone. it is restricted from playback on certain sites"

is anyone else having this issue? if so, is there any workarounds?

Can you please provide me a log and the video you're referring to.
Hi Bromix and thanks for the fantastic work you do getting YouTube into our helix installs.
I have recently started to be unable to play VeVo music videos. I get the notification "this video contains content from vevo. It is restricted from playback on certain sites. Watch on YouTube.com" and "playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details". This has only recently started.
I live in Australia if that makes a difference. Let me know how I can help you to trouble shoot this with you.
Thanks
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
Hi bromix,

I know you've said that APIv3 doesn't support Collections. Do you think it's feasible to implement an add-on specific feature that allows sub-folder creation under the "Subscriptions" folder, totally independent from the Collections that are associated with the user's YouTube account? I mean, to allow the users to maintain/manage their subscribed channel folders, just within this wonderful YouTube Add-on Wink
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20