• 20(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
(2015-01-17, 21:33)ubuntu-xbmc Wrote:
Code:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1291:35: error: ‘CEC_CLIENT_VERSION_2_2_0’ was not declared in this scope
   m_configuration.clientVersion = CEC_CLIENT_VERSION_2_2_0;
                                   ^

This example is from ReMi, but it appears to be a common error for people compiling Helix for the first time. It shows that CEC was missing from his machine. If you post an error like this, someone will probably have an idea how to fix it.

try this (as posted earlier)
cd /tmp
git clone git://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec.git
cd libcec
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install
Finally, someone has tried to implement it in Android. I am very interesting in this feature.

Thanks
Pepe
(2015-01-20, 12:13)ppton Wrote: Finally, someone has tried to implement it in Android. I am very interesting in this feature.

Thanks
Pepe

Who? I'm also very interested in this for Android but I see no mention of it
Maybe he wanted to ask this as a question? Well answer is still no. There is no api for accessing different sinks on android afaik.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
THIS is what I have been looking forSmile So nice to have this, and I believe it really must be a part of Kodi in very near future!
Many of us are using the HTPC unit for TV/Home Theater and as a music player too. While I tend to use my 5.1 amp for watching movies connected to the amp via optical connection, at nights when my daughter (and wife) are sleeping, I go back to TV speakers via HDMI as I can use only very low volume levels and no need for the amp and 5.1 system. I have a great amp, but with no HDMI input, but no need to change it for newer just because of HDMI.

The more pressing issue is when I listen to stereo music, something I do a lot. Very rarely I use the 5.1 amp for music in stereo mode, but that is very poor quality compared to my professional good old Onkyo or Marantz amp, both of them rip in peaces even +1000 USD priced HT amps. Long story short, for that I use the RCA out on the ASUS board, but even the line-out is great. Much more superior sound quality. Having dual audio output is a must for meSmile

Long story short, thank you for this!

One question: if I use the latest 5.0 Openelec build from here, how do I upgrade later when you release the next version, and to keep all my settings intact?
Waiting before updating to Kodi14.1. Smile
Updated to Helix 14.1 and OpenELEC 5.0.1, Enjoy!
Hey

I'm getting this everytime I try to enter the newly installed Dual Output for Helix.

Thanks
Now a very n00b question: how do I update Openelec 5.0 DA to the 5.1 version? Of course, keeping all my settings and data intact?
(2015-01-20, 22:13)Memphiz Wrote: Maybe he wanted to ask this as a question? Well answer is still no. There is no api for accessing different sinks on android afaik.

Yes, It was a question. Sorry for the misunderstanding and my English, and thank you very much for your answer.
It's a shame, because it is a function that I found very interesting

Regards
Pepe
(2015-02-04, 05:04)mtoddster Wrote: Hey

I'm getting this everytime I try to enter the newly installed Dual Output for Helix.

Thanks

I'm not seeing this issue on my side. Try uninstalling Kodi (keeping your settings) and clean up the kodi folder in the program files folder. Then reinstall and copy all the files over from the zip folder. Smooth sailing for me.
(2015-02-04, 12:23)gurabli Wrote: Now a very n00b question: how do I update Openelec 5.0 DA to the 5.1 version? Of course, keeping all my settings and data intact?
Just as you would do with "normal" OpenELEC.

Either manually place kernel and system file into update directory, or if you don't use a Flash Disk / SD-Card / HDD / SSD and instead use netboot (as I do) just replace both the kernel and system file in your tftp directory.
You also can use a add-on called "OpenELEC Dev Update" developed by Leo, select my repository for DA builds - you will be notified if an update is available - then let OpenELEC update by itself (it also uses the update directory and OEs internal update mechanism).
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
Big GrinAWESOME!!! Your patch saved the Day, Week, Year!, Forever!!!!

Thank you

You really should let us contribute somehow.

One question, I really need to turn up the volume really high in the HDMI setting on Kodi versus when we were using regular cable signal?

John
(2015-02-08, 19:46)jcfaber1 Wrote: Big GrinAWESOME!!! Your patch saved the Day, Week, Year!, Forever!!!!

Thank you

You really should let us contribute somehow.

One question, I really need to turn up the volume really high in the HDMI setting on Kodi versus when we were using regular cable signal?

John
Click on his "Donate to this Project" link in the opening post.
Any idea when patched 5.0.2 will be avaliable?

Thanks.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9