• 27(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
No, and you don't need USB with the Pi1 either. You'll see very little difference between USB and a good SD card.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
delinend - I misread the commit history in my earlier post. It's actually curl 7.37.1 that appears to be working for you, as curl 7.38.0 was actually reverted - not added - on 13 Sep (reverting back to 7.37.1, as 7.38.0 had a major problem resulting in connection timeouts). After 6 Nov, the version in use is curl 7.39.0 which is when your FTP problem appears to start.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-04, 05:23)Milhouse Wrote: No, and you don't need USB with the Pi1 either. You'll see very little difference between USB and a good SD card.

Maybe you don't really need it for performance reasons but personally I like the split SD and USB.

So if your SD Card gets corrupt or you just want to make a clean install or something like that ... all your kodi configuration is still save on the USB Stick.

This saved me a lot of time everytime i need to reinstall OpenElec Wink
@ Milhouse could you please have a look at this and maybe add these overlays to your next testbuilds?
Would be nice to use gpio-tsop again.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1915093
Latest build running on my new Pi2. It's a lot faster isn't it!?! Good work all!
(2015-02-04, 19:27)Trixster Wrote: Latest build running on my new Pi2. It's a lot faster isn't it!?! Good work all!

Overall, yes. But I think it could need some finetuning regarding offloading of threads. For example during library scan CPU0 hits 100% very often and so the scan itself still takes a very long time for bigger libraries.

Tried "Aeon Nox" skin and it's working very well. No way this would work on old Pi. GUI responsiveness is greatly improved in general. Only slight downside is loading time of fanart and posters while scrolling the media library. I hope this is subject to improve, but probably it's limited by GPU speed.

All in all the Pi2 is definitly worth the 38,50€ I paid for it! Looking forward to further improvements from Popcormix and other Devs!
(2015-02-04, 20:09)gandharva Wrote: Overall, yes. But I think it could need some finetuning regarding offloading of threads. For example during library scan CPU0 hits 100% very often and so the scan itself still takes a very long time for bigger libraries.

Tried "Aeon Nox" skin and it's working very well. No way this would work on old Pi. GUI responsiveness is greatly improved in general. Only slight downside is loading time of fanart and posters while scrolling the media library. I hope this is subject to improve, but probably it's limited by GPU speed.

What sdcard are you using? A good (i.e. faster 4K read/writes) makes a lot of difference to scanning speed and library browsing.
A very good one. 16 GB, Class 10, UHS-I.

http://www.intenso.de/produkte_en.php?ka...1399985055
(2015-02-04, 20:18)gandharva Wrote: A very good one. 16 GB, Class 10, UHS-I.

Read this thread
and run CrystalDiskMark and look at the 4K numbers.
Most fast class 10 cards don't have good 4K numbers, and that's what matters.
Fanart and posters are now instantaneous on mine.
(2015-02-04, 20:24)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 20:18)gandharva Wrote: A very good one. 16 GB, Class 10, UHS-I.

Read this thread
and run CrystalDiskMark and look at the 4K numbers.
Most fast class 10 cards don't have good 4K numbers, and that's what matters.
I checked mine today at work after it arrived under windows 7 with crystal-diskmark. It showed slightly under 4 MB for 4k read values. So this should not be the problem here... Seq. read was over 30MB.
/edit
Measurement was done with SD Card Adapter. So a good microreader should improve this values even more.
(2015-02-04, 20:30)gandharva Wrote: ?
I checked mine today at work after it arrived under windows with crystal diskmark. It showed slightly under 4 MB for 4k read values. So this should not be the problem here...

Read and write? Even though writes are less common they block subsequent reads and so cause pauses.

Are all images in thumbnail cache? The first time an image is viewed is much slower than subsequent views.
Scanning locally should cache artwork, but using a shared library for example won't.
Then Milhouse's texturecache tool is useful.
Write values are lower. Don't remember exact values for write speed... Yes, on my old setup I used the texturecache addon. Did't use it on Pi2 until now.

Nontheless, if you are able to find some performance gains for I/O speed on Pi2 (e.g. by firmware or driver improvements) this would be awesome, because this seems to be a bottleck now.
Milhouse, in order to test the PVR startup improvement PR on the PI2 we would need a PI2 build without this PR for comparison Wink
(2015-02-04, 22:05)da-anda Wrote: Milhouse, in order to test the PVR startup improvement PR on the PI2 we would need a PI2 build without this PR for comparison Wink
You can test against the stock OpenELEC 5.0.1 build.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112