• 14(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
(2015-02-05, 03:16)Stereodude Wrote: [No, I didn't try. I just turn the box off.

Are you running from a USB stick or did you install it on the SSD?
(2015-02-05, 07:07)cncb Wrote: Are you running from a USB stick or did you install it on the SSD?
Neither. I put OpenELEC on an old 30gB 2.5" SSD I had sitting around unused.
Wow, I found a little app for Adroid that is a VERY customizable IR remote. If you use a Flirc or have IR in your device and a Android device with IR it might be pretty handy. Worth taking a look at ZappIR.
If you have an Android device you should be using Yatse instead of messing around with IR.
(2015-02-05, 22:50)Stereodude Wrote: If you have an Android device you should be using Yatse instead of messing around with IR.

+1
(2015-02-06, 00:02)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 22:50)Stereodude Wrote: If you have an Android device you should be using Yatse instead of messing around with IR.

+1

I do, see? Tap the Yatse button and it opens the apk. When I quit I go back to the ZappIR apk.

The fan is on the edge of being too loud for me and it is the winter here. Does anyone have any experience using this in the summer? Does the fan spin up to loud levels?
Anyone using this box with Windows 8.1? Everything works pretty ok?

No bugs?

Thanks
I tried to use Windows 8.1 without much luck. I can install addons however, none work. I found different log errors but the most common is Errno 10061 connection refused. Googled the heck out various errors with no luck. I have disabled firewall and turned off antivirus…. Internet connection is fine, uninstalled re installed, tried restore points. Nothing helped. . I just cannot actually connect to any video addon content.

I have set up multiple Windows 7 boxes with Kodi without issue. I am trying to open the same video addons that I used on my other machines.

I am interested in hearing about anyone else's experience.
Thanks

Note updating in attempting to remove banned content.
You will not get any help here trying to discuss or fix banned add-ons.

This was your first post on the forum, I suggest you read the forum rules:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

My bad. Thanks for correcting me.

For the issues I mentioned it applies to all the not banned on addons as well.
The Zbox is here. Setting it up right now.
(2015-02-08, 22:33)cncb Wrote: The fan is on the edge of being too loud for me and it is the winter here. Does anyone have any experience using this in the summer? Does the fan spin up to loud levels?

I can't hear mine, even when about a foot away from it. Room is at about 20c
zbox arrived yesterday, threw in a 120GB SSD and 4GB ram, installed win8.1 and then the drivers and bios update from zotac website. All done very fast and effortless.

Next I added my Edimax 7811Un nano wireless adapter (RTL8192cu chip) which windows picked up and installed. Connected to my network and then proceeded to speedtest.net in which I can only get approx 3Mbps. Hmmm, should be faster than that.
- Installed latest driver from Edimax site, still ~3Mbps
- Tried with a USB extension lead in case for any reason there was interference close to the box, still ~3Mbps
- Tried in my windows 7 laptop, ~15Mbps+
- Tried in my windows 7 laptop with extension lead, ~15Mbps+

Anyone else having similar issues?

Unless there are no other suggestions I will install windows7 on the zbox tonight and also try the Edimax on a friends win8 box. Process of elimination!

Update:
- Full speed on friends win8 box.
- Will also play-around forcing N on router just in case its going down to b or g etc
Just so ya know...on cat5 I see 50+Mbps on a 46Mbps connection AT&T U-Verse, Speedtest into Charlotte N.C. AT&T site. Cat5 passes through a Netgear 1gb switch.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1