• 35(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-11, 15:46)Dinos52 Wrote: During playback of a video I see on the display of cpu usage ("O") a value for W_fps changing between 7 and 9. This is regardless of the video (1080i; 720p). What I expect is a value about 25fps (PAL). The video reproduction is ok, no stuttering, no mutes. Approx. same values on Pi and Pi2. Am I wrong or is it a calculation error?

That's normal. omxplayer is a bypass renderer. Video is rendered by GPU to a different layer at the expected rate (e.g. 25fps).
The number reported is the GUI update rate which is deliberately limited to ~10fps.

Disable omxplayer in video/acceleration settings and you'll see more familiar numbers.
I understand, many thanks! Another (maybe) silly question: If I see a value >25fps on another device (no Pi), does it mean that the hardware decoding does not work?
On the latest build, every time I press E for the PVR guide Kodi Reboots. Pi2 No Overclock.
Also, Speaking of overclock, I thought the Pi2 ran at 900mhz....In the about pages in Kodi it shows it running at 600.

Greg
(2015-02-11, 16:34)gthompson20 Wrote: On the latest build, every time I press E for the PVR guide Kodi Reboots. Pi2 No Overclock.

Upload the crashlog, /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog.

(2015-02-11, 16:34)gthompson20 Wrote: Also, Speaking of overclock, I thought the Pi2 ran at 900mhz....In the about pages in Kodi it shows it running at 600.

Greg

The clock frequency dynamically adjusts according to load. The idle frequency is 600MHz, but will run at 900MHz when busy.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Here it is:

http://pastebin.com/AV4hV2W5

Last Line is:
13:34:45 784.138000 T:1969442816 ERROR: CGUIEPGGridContainer - UpdateItems - invalid start and end time set

Greg

(2015-02-11, 16:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 16:34)gthompson20 Wrote: On the latest build, every time I press E for the PVR guide Kodi Reboots. Pi2 No Overclock.

Upload the crashlog, /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog.

(2015-02-11, 16:34)gthompson20 Wrote: Also, Speaking of overclock, I thought the Pi2 ran at 900mhz....In the about pages in Kodi it shows it running at 600.

Greg

The clock frequency dynamically adjusts according to load. The idle frequency is 600MHz, but will run at 900MHz when busy.
How do i install this build? there is no disk image to right to an SD card? Do i just extract teh tar file directly on to the SD care, insert it in to the Pi, boot the Pi and got from there?
(2015-02-11, 02:22)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC I****** build #0210: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.6 #1 PREEMPT Tue Feb 10 23:16:57 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  7 2015 19:35:45
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e3cfc1e5001c71261c4d79e852723910772ffba9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150210231559-r20244-gfbf2f0f [Build #0210]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001518.633: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (fbf2f0fd, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4a5dd153, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Update librtmp with KSV patches (using popcornmix patch adapted for OpenELEC)
  2. Updated libnfs 1.9.7
  3. Experimental libnfs patch - improved streaming performance (update: looks like it's disabled)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
  2. XBMC:
    • [ios/atv2/packaging] - switch back to the hardcoded dsym dir - fixes dsy... (PR:6389, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [darwin/depends/tar-native] - force fdopendir to no because we don't have it wh... (PR:6388, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [configure] tinyxml upstream does not provide a pkg-config file, (PR:6380, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • python: extend ILanguageInvocationHandler to not have to call g_pythonParser directly in CPythonInvoker (PR:6308, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [buttontranslator] Group joystick keymaps by family (PR:5624, 4 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Fixed wrong return type (PR:6385, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gui] adds new info label Player.SeekStepSize (PR:6387, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • CWebServer: silence compiler warnings (thanks notspiff) (bd1e315e)
    • settings: remove unused and hidden videolibrary/musiclibrary.enabled settings (9cf3094e)
    • python: fix return values from generated Foo_setMember() implementation (thanks notspiff) (2f761f91)
    • remove unused strings after 9cf3094eed8ca285b26eded5a354e0ec42c79e60 (b07ab069)
  3. libnfs:
  4. libnfs/seq-read-example (PR:108):
    • New commits in this build:
      • Sequential Readahead Mode (ae7ef01a)
      • nfs-stream.c: a simple test tool to check performance sequential read mode (6f6832b6)
      • streaming: only try refilling 2 blocks at a time instead of 4 (225e1c47)
      • read 32kb at a time, not 8kb (ceb35bb1)
      • prefetch: limit the amount of prefetches we have in flight to 2 (5f5faa8c)
  5. newclock4:
  6. kernel 3.18.y-rebase:
    • New commits in this build:
      • config: Enable IP_NF_TARGET_CLUSTERIP (6c554476)
      • rtl8192cu: Add PID for D-Link DWA 131 (69a5e9be)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:

Thanks! sucessfully installed the Rpi2 build but it seems that the librtmp is still not ok,,, if I open the TV portuguesa addon, none of the Sporttv1 streams runs.
(2015-02-11, 13:20)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 12:12)mpnico Wrote: Hi, is libnfs used while mounting nfs share via OS or is libnfs only used inside kodi ?

Thank you.

libnfs is only used by Kodi (nfs:// etc.)

What's the most stable way? OpenElec based or Kodi based? If I'm correct the Kodi way used an old version of the lib, and the 'OpenElec' way was the prefered way. Is this still true?
Since at least build #0209 I'm experiencing connectivity problems with yatse (http://yatse.leetzone.org). At first start of yatse it's working fine but after a few seconds the connection gets unstable and is lost frequently. Strangely buttons like volume up and down are still working, but I cannot run streams for example. Afaik there was now update for yatse, at the moment I'm trying to figure out, which build of openelec is the last one without problems. Can anyone else confirm at least the issue?
regards
(2015-02-11, 19:27)galopogos Wrote: Thanks! sucessfully installed the Rpi2 build but it seems that the librtmp is still not ok,,, if I open the TV portuguesa addon, none of the Sporttv1 streams runs.

Did this work better with previous build?

We've updated to a patch from here.
If you have a stream that doesn't play, may be worth reporting it there.
(2015-02-11, 19:39)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 19:27)galopogos Wrote: Thanks! sucessfully installed the Rpi2 build but it seems that the librtmp is still not ok,,, if I open the TV portuguesa addon, none of the Sporttv1 streams runs.

Did this work better with previous build?

We've updated to a patch from here.
If you have a stream that doesn't play, may be worth reporting it there.

thanks Popcornmix. since the 5.0.1 never got the streams/ libtrmp working.... do i need to install again the rtmpdump mentioned in your url or is that part of the build?
(2015-02-11, 19:47)galopogos Wrote: thanks Popcornmix. since the 5.0.1 never got the streams/ libtrmp working.... do i need to install again the rtmpdump mentioned in your url or is that part of the build?

No installing needed. The build should include updated librtmp.
If you are using a library hack to support a third party librtmp, make sure the hack is disabled as the system librtmp is now bang up to date.

Edit: See my recent post in the librtmp support thread regarding OpenELEC 5.0.1, which may explain why you were having problems with librtmp since that release.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-11, 19:35)thent Wrote: Since at least build #0209 I'm experiencing connectivity problems with yatse (http://yatse.leetzone.org). At first start of yatse it's working fine but after a few seconds the connection gets unstable and is lost frequently. Strangely buttons like volume up and down are still working, but I cannot run streams for example. Afaik there was now update for yatse, at the moment I'm trying to figure out, which build of openelec is the last one without problems. Can anyone else confirm at least the issue?
regards
The issue definitely started with build #0209 (r20243). If you have yatse you can reproduce it as follows:
- run a (audio) stream
- slide yatse one to the right to show the actually played song/stream where the timeline is shown on the bottom
- connection is lost
Seems like whenever yatse is constantly asking for data (e.g. updating the timeline) connection is lost. Maybe a curl issue, which was introduced with #0209?
@thent: Post the stream url, it should be possible to play it using "texturecache.py playw <url>".

Unfortunately I'm away from home this evening but maybe others can confirm if it plays or not.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112