• 24(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
(2015-02-09, 18:22)pecinko Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 10:33)setti Wrote: Unfortunately the shelf displaying the recently added movies and shows does not respect the fact, that i changed the default behaviour of movies and shows and is displaying recently added stuff from all movies and shows.

shelf populates items from your library, not from playlists. Using separate profiles with separate libraries should work.

Seperate profiles work, but things arent easy, if your wife would like to watch parental movies and children movies, too. Telling her to change the profile for doing so doesnt work Wink
Isnt there a way to implement something like a "filter".
Like: "Show me the recently added movies, but respect the rules of the underlying smart playlist, to not show any videos tagged 'children'" (or whatever the rules of the smart playlist are)?
(2015-02-09, 18:45)setti Wrote: Seperate profiles work, but things arent easy, if your wife would like to watch parental movies and children movies, too. Telling her to change the profile for doing so doesnt work Wink

Then you can add adult and children movies to her profile while keeping children profile with children content only.

She would not need to change profile and children won't be seeing adult movies on their shelf.

Just a thought.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-02-09, 17:56)sirmedia Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 10:08)Zodac Wrote: @sirmedia:
I have the skin running with the newest SPMC version on Fire TV. No problems whatsoever.
I'm using the NON-Launcher-version.

Greets
Zodac

Finally figured out the "Add-on does not have the correct structure" problem on the AFTV: I uploaded the addon zip via Samba/SMB (enabled through the adbFire tool). For some reason when you write to the sdcard like this the files end up unreadable except via the same SMB (permission problem, not file corruption, the file itself is fine).
The lesson is that I should be using "adb push" instead, even though SMB is more convenient.

Just an update, adbFire 1.18 will fix this.
I'm really pleased the skin has been made available for Kodi. After receiving my Raspberry Pi B v2 I've decided to upgrade. What I am still missing from the skin is the DialogGamepad.xml.
If you use profiles like I do and some of them are protected by keypresses then the login won't work...

I'm never really tried skinning anything but maybe someone else is able to make the appropriate dialog box for this...

Cheers,
Manuel
I don't know what should be there. Screenshot from Confluence?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/jiXw5g2.jpg

and the xml file can be found as part of Confluence and most other skins:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc-rbp/blob/ma...amepad.xml

Cheers,
Manuel
Switched over to Helix SPMC 14.1 and the Amber skin is working really well as it was with Gotham on the Fire TV. Like that I can change the text color within the skin settings. Great work here guys. Thanks!
When I create a smart playlist in Kodi (random tv episodes) and add a thumbnail, why doesn't this thumbnail appear in the favorites on the home shelf? It does only if I go into the playlists, but not on the home shelf. On the home shelf for "favorites" I have some apps (icon shows) and I have created some random tv playlists and all it shows is the name of the playlist with a blank box where the thumbnail should be. I tried both a JPG and a PNG. I'm using the latest version of OE 5.0.3 on a Pi2 and your skin 2.0.11
Use context menu in favourites and assign again.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-02-12, 20:43)pecinko Wrote: Use context menu in favourites and assign again.

I tried that... I still get no image on the home shelf. The image does appear when you go into Favourites. What I have tried so far:

I went into Favourites and with the context menu select "choose thumbnail". Tried selecting different images and even tried selecting the same and then the same again. Also tried removing the menu option from the home shelf and re-enabling, still no luck. I'm using a fresh install of 5.0.3.
(2015-02-13, 01:07)jpc0480 Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 20:43)pecinko Wrote: Use context menu in favourites and assign again.

I tried that... I still get no image on the home shelf. The image does appear when you go into Favourites. What I have tried so far:

I went into Favourites and with the context menu select "choose thumbnail". Tried selecting different images and even tried selecting the same and then the same again. Also tried removing the menu option from the home shelf and re-enabling, still no luck. I'm using a fresh install of 5.0.3.

Disabling/re-enabling won't help. You'll need to re-assign that item again.

This is either KODI or script.favorites bug and has beed reported few times.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for the work on the Amber skin for Kodi. I have Helix 14.1 on OpenELEC 5.0.3. I just cannot get iSTREAM to show on the main menu bar. Any clues please? Thank you.
Pecinko.
I did a testrun of a whole bunch of other skins yesterday, which I tend to do now and then, espescially after a new release of Kodi. Even though Amber is beginnijg to look a little dated I am sticking with it. Sometimes I also use your great quartz5, but that may be a little too simple for me in the long run.

My favorite *thing* in Amber is the addons shelf, but while the shelf for Movies and TV Shows has 2 rows, the addon shelf is only 1 row. i wish we could specify either 2 or even 3 rows, and up to 30 different addons (up from the maximum 10 of today). That would make for an awesome tilebased addon picker! It also would be cool to specify a submenu within an addon, such as choosing a specific website within Chrome Launcher.

Also i wish that "files" would be an availabe submenu under Movies. Now it's only under TV Shows. Apart from these 2 requests, I don't have any complaintsSmile
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully integrated the series recording dialogue into Amber?

http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?...55edd6354d

It looks really simple but I can't get it to display correctly. I am using a Mac with Kodi 14.1

Can anyone help or even better... Is there any chance this could be officially incorporated into the skin?

Thanks in advance
(2015-02-15, 21:10)Soli Wrote: Pecinko.
I did a testrun of a whole bunch of other skins yesterday, which I tend to do now and then, espescially after a new release of Kodi. Even though Amber is beginnijg to look a little dated I am sticking with it. Sometimes I also use your great quartz5, but that may be a little too simple for me in the long run.

My favorite *thing* in Amber is the addons shelf, but while the shelf for Movies and TV Shows has 2 rows, the addon shelf is only 1 row. i wish we could specify either 2 or even 3 rows, and up to 30 different addons (up from the maximum 10 of today). That would make for an awesome tilebased addon picker! It also would be cool to specify a submenu within an addon, such as choosing a specific website within Chrome Launcher.

Also i wish that "files" would be an availabe submenu under Movies. Now it's only under TV Shows. Apart from these 2 requests, I don't have any complaintsSmile

Thanks!

As for the files there are under movies as well but label is different - "Library". I'll change it to "Browse" in next update.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4