• 39(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
@Milhouse

RPi2 pvr.mythtv crashing problem.

I am running the updated addon (from janbar master repo) on Milhouse Build #0212 right now against mythtv 0.27 fixes backend.

I did a quick build of the addon cross compiling on Ubuntu X64 to arm using arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/ toolset.

Not optimised for RPi2 i.e. my addon build is armv6, but it seems to be running well -no crashes.

Mike
(2015-02-13, 14:56)gthompson20 Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 22:48)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 16:08)gthompson20 Wrote: any update on the EPG Issue on the RPi2?

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00503324 in EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::UpdateItems() ()

http://pastebin.com/AV4hV2W5

Can you identify the last working build?

It's a RPi2, so none of your builds have worked... I can't test a Rpi1 build on a 2 can I?

Greg
You have not indicted what your PVR is. If it is MythTV, there was a bug that was fixed today and should soon make it to the master.
@vanadu - sorry, I mistakenly deactivated my wired network in the OpenELEC Settings addon, which caused me to think the addon was broken. It is in fact working fine for me. on RPi2 with 3.19 kernel. I am able to enable/disable DHCP without any problem. Please identify the last working build if you can.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-13, 21:05)MikeB2013 Wrote: @Milhouse

RPi2 pvr.mythtv crashing problem.

Yep many thanks, will include the change in tonight's build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Any idea why opening timeline epg with tvh is not faster on rpi 2 than a rpi B ?
Live tv stutter and slows down when epg opens
(2015-02-13, 21:31)Jönke Wrote: Any idea why opening timeline epg with tvh is not faster on rpi 2 than a rpi B ?
Live tv stutter and slows down when epg opens

Presumably you see similar RPi/RPi2 performance with the official 5.0.3 build?
New OpenELEC I****** build #0213: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 Fri Feb 13 21:07:42 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 12 2015 17:27:39
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 571f5d2143489e4300d7e2ed5b1a73f33f3b13e5 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150213210105-r20266-g206cbae [Build #0213]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001531.548: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (206cbae0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (436c6111, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Kernel 3.19 merged upstream
  2. Drop Linux perf support due to ongoing build issues
  3. Fix for Myth PVR crashes on RPi2
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • projects/RPi*: add kernel 3.19 support, build with kernel 3.19 (7e9502a8)
    • linux: remove kernel 3.18 support (8d3ff63c)
    • projects/RPi*/linux: disable CONFIG_PREEMPT, disable CONFIG_RCU_NOCB_CPU (fe4b9b37)
    • linux: add patch to fix build of 'perf', thanks to 'mrdominuzq' (54a6acf6)
    • Revert "distributions/OpenELEC: disable building 'perf' for now, needs to be fixed for kernel 3.19 or removed" (0f227135)
    • remove perf (206cbae0)
  2. XBMC:
    • [tests] - move atomics tests from shared_ptr of thread array to vector o... (PR:6417, 6 commits, 9 files changed)
    • [python] remove leftover xbmc.python 1.0 compat code (PR:6393, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [seek] adds smart seek support for music (PR:6405, 10 commits, 21 files changed)
    • [osx/ios] - update readmes to reflect minimum runtime targets (37e387c2)
  3. kodi-pvr-addons:
    • vnsi: exit osd window on vdr osd close (PR:425, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [lang] update of language files from Transifex (57d7d423)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [dvdcodec] Use libmpeg2 when mpg2 licence not available to improve software decoded dvd menus (fb0308b8)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: 86d91ee1: [cppmyth] ARMV6 , ARMV7 Atomic primitives (see PR:34) (kodi-pvr-addons)
(2015-02-13, 21:28)Milhouse Wrote: @vanadu - sorry, I mistakenly deactivated my wired network in the OpenELEC Settings addon, which caused me to think the addon was broken. It is in fact working fine for me. on RPi2 with 3.19 kernel. I am able to enable/disable DHCP without any problem. Please identify the last working build if you can.

Well... i don't know what to do more. None of your builds work right in openelec settings. I'm using your builds for RPI2. RPI1 everything's fine.

I explain my procedure, perhaps i'm doing something wrong... i'm installing official openelec downloaded from openelec.tv and then i update with your last build using the content of your target folder into update folder in samba openelec. I've done always so and went everytime ok.

The clock is wrong, date also. When i try to download from openelec dev update, download hangs, some addons work and connect to internet services, others don't because no internet connection...

This as something to do with network management but i don't know what is breaking up.

i'm totally lost here.
So just to be clear, you image OE 5.0.3 for RPi2 to your SD card and the OpenELEC-Settings add-on is working normally (able to set dhcp etc. for your wired network). Then you upgrade to my latest RPi2 build and the OpenELEC-Settings add-on is no longer working normally (unable to set dhcp etc.)? And you aren't installing any other software or add-ons?

Can you upload the output of "dmesg" and "ifconfig" when using my build to pastebin (if you don't have a network, add these entries to autostart.sh writing the output to files you can access offline).

It would also be worth testing a recent RPi2 nightly: https://resources.pichimney.com/OpenELEC/dev_builds/
(2015-02-13, 14:56)gthompson20 Wrote: It's a RPi2, so none of your builds have worked... I can't test a Rpi1 build on a 2 can I?

Greg

There's an RPi2 debug build here: #0213b. Try that, and upload a new crashlog, then it needs to be seen by whoever maintains the EPG code that is crashing.
(2015-02-14, 02:01)vanadu Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 21:28)Milhouse Wrote: @vanadu - sorry, I mistakenly deactivated my wired network in the OpenELEC Settings addon, which caused me to think the addon was broken. It is in fact working fine for me. on RPi2 with 3.19 kernel. I am able to enable/disable DHCP without any problem. Please identify the last working build if you can.

Well... i don't know what to do more. None of your builds work right in openelec settings. I'm using your builds for RPI2. RPI1 everything's fine.

I explain my procedure, perhaps i'm doing something wrong... i'm installing official openelec downloaded from openelec.tv and then i update with your last build using the content of your target folder into update folder in samba openelec. I've done always so and went everytime ok.

The clock is wrong, date also. When i try to download from openelec dev update, download hangs, some addons work and connect to internet services, others don't because no internet connection...

This as something to do with network management but i don't know what is breaking up.

i'm totally lost here.

You don't need to extract the tar before putting it in the update folder, try updating by placing the full tar file in the update folder.
(2015-02-14, 09:04)f1vefour Wrote: You don't need to extract the tar before putting it in the update folder, try updating by placing the full tar file in the update folder.

Ooh, good spot - if vanadu is using only the contents of the target folder, then it's possible he's running with outdated firmware (although 5.0.3 is fairly current).
I will try that.

Thanks both. It's very good having someone just there when things don't go right.

I'll post the results on Monday. I'm not in home Smile
New OpenELEC I****** build #0214: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 Sat Feb 14 21:03:09 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 14 2015 18:53:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 45243ac6a0ffb7df33b5252bd0bd14505d77fbce (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150214210140-r20272-gd879c70 [Build #0214]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001547.974: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (d879c704, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5295c73c, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware with fix for turbo/under-voltage issues. Please report any odd behaviour (ie. crashes or booting to rainbow splash etc.)
  2. Updated OpenELEC-Settings addon
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 14):
    • firmware: Fix issue with turbo mode and under-voltage warning causing crash with poor power supply See: link
    • firmware: Support [all] as config.txt category. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • xorg-server: update to xorg-server-1.16.4 (82d1800c)
    • OpenELEC-settings: update to OpenELEC-settings-0.6.3 (f6317739)
    • vdr: update to vdr-2.1.10 (f334d939)
    • vdr-addon: bump to 4.3.8 (3937ea56)
    • lcdproc: move nobody user/group to busybox (d879c704)
  3. XBMC:
    • Code cosmetic for readProcStat (PR:6395, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Feature] Embedded cue support. (PR:6306, 1 commit, 14 files changed)
    • [dialogvideoinfo] removed obsolete path invalidation code (PR:6394, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Do not render when dpms is active (PR:6411, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [coverity] Fix for #1194431 (PR:6381, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [python] Don't set PYTHONCASEOK=1. (PR:6213, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
Hi,
is it possible to switch off the red LED when the Pi2 is off or is it hard coded?
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112