• 70(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Probably already asked some point but couldn't find it. Does the API also support last/recently watched videos? That's the thing I'm missing compared to the normal apps
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-14, 16:18)Martijn Wrote: Probably already asked some point but couldn't find it. Does the API also support last/recently watched videos? That's the thing I'm missing compared to the normal apps
"Watch History" must be enabled via settings/folders
Blush ah
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-14, 11:20)bromix Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 10:00)teemue Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 19:18)bromix Wrote: A full log please.

Log starting at OpenELEC 5.0.3 reboot: http://pastebin.com/DA7Jx45L
Is working fine here. Can you please re-install the addon. Something is missing. I can't imagine that this is a problem because of the imports - you would be the first with it. Also this wasn't a full log again Rolleyes I need some more information of the running xbmc/kodi.

Maybe reinstalling would have fixed it but at least updating to b5 got it working Smile
Right now, the only thing I am missing is a download feature. Just wondering if there has been any progress made there, or if it's something that should be coming soon.

Also, I know it may be petty, but I would like it if the auto-view option did not affect the main menu. Using Confluence, I set my default view to list and my episodes view to media info, but I would very much like it if my main menu could show up in thumbnail view. Then the interface would match my other video addons. Seems small, but it really helps the less tech savvy navigate the menus and make everything just look cleaner.
where has What to Watch gone ? please bring it back
Can you please add the download feature Smile
Hey guys,

Got a problem with the plugin obviously (or most likely something in my Rasp2/Helix settings). Maybe someone got the same problem there and could help... :

Each time i launch a trailer (with that confluence theme which is the most basic one i believe) the vid is launched in fullscreen in the background, then is resized to fit in the info area... (well that could be explained i believe, but that's not that bad anyway).

The problem is that i'm having both views running simultaneously (the fullsized in the background + the windowed one) and it flickers/blinks/switches between both views like crazy every seconds or so...

...and that's probably not how it's supposed to be ;-)

Did i do something wrong ? (i, of course, don't have the same problem with my window box which run perfectly fine with almost the same settings, doh)

Thks!
(2015-02-15, 09:29)teemue Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 11:20)bromix Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 10:00)teemue Wrote: Log starting at OpenELEC 5.0.3 reboot: http://pastebin.com/DA7Jx45L
Is working fine here. Can you please re-install the addon. Something is missing. I can't imagine that this is a problem because of the imports - you would be the first with it. Also this wasn't a full log again Rolleyes I need some more information of the running xbmc/kodi.

Maybe reinstalling would have fixed it but at least updating to b5 got it working Smile

Good to hear Wink thanks for the feedback Cool
(2015-02-16, 02:55)dkplayaclub Wrote: Right now, the only thing I am missing is a download feature. Just wondering if there has been any progress made there, or if it's something that should be coming soon.

Also, I know it may be petty, but I would like it if the auto-view option did not affect the main menu. Using Confluence, I set my default view to list and my episodes view to media info, but I would very much like it if my main menu could show up in thumbnail view. Then the interface would match my other video addons. Seems small, but it really helps the less tech savvy navigate the menus and make everything just look cleaner.

Regarding the download...I can't tell if, when and/or how Huh for now I'm focused on missing features to complete the YouTube-Experience and download isn't one of the default behavior...at least I never saw a download option pined to the player Wink maybe in the future.

Regarding the view: It's sounds simpler...but it's not. The view-id is based on the content-type, because the skin can only support a particular set if view-ids per content-type. So my framework is overriding the view based on the content-type. This simplifies it for the developer (me) and for someone who is reading the code.
Because if I start to make an exception for the root menu we are at the same spot again without the auto-override-view feature, because someone wants a different view for different folder. So in this case either disable the override or set the default view to thumbnail.
Another example: normally an addon wouldn't change the view. I would except that the skin would provide the most common view for a particular content-type...but if I look at the code of some addons...only a small portion make use of the content-type Angry
(2015-02-16, 09:40)wobbly Wrote: where has What to Watch gone ? please bring it back

Use "Popular right now" - the result is the same, I only changed the name. "What to watch" isn't provided by APIv3 (I hope it will or I can somehow replicate the result).
(2015-02-14, 15:33)blueskies Wrote: Hello - I am using the youtube addon for the first time but am experiencing significant delays navigating and then playing content. It is taking a couple of minutes from clicking 'my subscriptions' to the page opening with a similar delay for content to start streaming.

I was unable to find the option for a debug log in the addon config so am not sure how to pull the log file.

I couldn't see anything obvious that suggested the addon was incompatible with the firetv, hence my post.

Other info:
- Addon version 5.0.6b5 + 5.0.5. Same issues in both. Default settings logged in.
Kodi - Kodi 14.0 on Amazon FTV. Pretty basic setup being used for local lan video streaming only. Only other non standard app is Watchdog.
Internet Access - High speed internet that is working fine for other devices. Kodi is also able to play LAN content without delay. Amazon prime is streaming HD content without issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I'm seeing a similar bug, but with all video add-ons, not this one specifically. I'm using a ChromeBox with OpenELEC, so perhaps we should start another thread in the correct forum. Note: this bug goes away for me if the add-on runs for 30-45 minutes. Does yours act the same way?
Hi there

Maybe this is something silly Smile

I'm running Windows 7 with a Swedish language setting. When moving from Gotham 13.2 to Helix 14.0 and 14.1 the youtube plugin stopped working. Looking in Kodi I get Error: Script fail youtube.

Looking at the log file it seems like the scripts can not handle the swedish user name I use (part of the search path for the plugin). My real name is Björn you see ... the scripts seem to fail with the letter ö.

To try this a bit more I created two additional Windows users "abc" and "åäö". The "abc" user works ok, i.e. I can use the youtube plugin in Kodi without any problems. However, the "åäö" user fails in the same way as my normal username does. Below you see parts of the log file ...

What should I do? I don't want to change my user in the current installation. It seems like some language setting somewhere or something like that. This worked in Gotham 13.2 and other plugins seem to work.

BR
/Björn

22:00:06 T:564 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:00:07 T:564 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
22:00:07 T:564 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
22:00:07 T:564 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
22:00:07 T:564 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.5)
22:00:07 T:564 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 28, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 186, in _internal_root
return self.on_root(context, re_match)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 388, in on_root
self.get_client(context)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 92, in get_client
context.get_function_cache().clear()
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\abstract_context.py", line 47, in get_function_cache
self._function_cache = FunctionCache(os.path.join(self._get_cache_path(), u'cache'),
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\abstract_context.py", line 40, in _get_cache_path
self._cache_path = os.path.join(self.get_data_path(), u'kodion')
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\ntpath.py", line 84, in join
result_path = result_path + p_path
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
22:00:07 T:3152 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
22:00:07 T:3152 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
22:00:07 T:2208 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
22:00:56 T:2712 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
22:00:56 T:2712 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
22:00:57 T:2560 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
22:00:57 T:2560 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:00:58 T:2560 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
22:00:58 T:2560 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
22:00:58 T:2560 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
22:00:58 T:2560 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.5)
22:00:58 T:2560 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 28, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 186, in _internal_root
return self.on_root(context, re_match)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 388, in on_root
self.get_client(context)
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 92, in get_client
context.get_function_cache().clear()
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\abstract_context.py", line 47, in get_function_cache
self._function_cache = FunctionCache(os.path.join(self._get_cache_path(), u'cache'),
File "C:\Users\���\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\abstract_context.py", line 40, in _get_cache_path
self._cache_path = os.path.join(self.get_data_path(), u'kodion')
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\ntpath.py", line 84, in join
result_path = result_path + p_path
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
22:00:58 T:3152 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
22:00:58 T:3152 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
22:00:58 T:4028 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
22:01:14 T:3152 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
22:01:14 T:3152 NOTICE: Saving settings
22:01:14 T:3152 NOTICE: stop all
22:01:14 T:3152 NOTICE: stop player

Can you please provide me log via pastebin Wink
Hey guys. I am curious what happened to the "My Favorites"? Another thing is In "Search", I used to be able to go to the option menu and edit a previous search that was saved so I would not have to key in the whole thing again and also it stopped saving search strings once it reached 10 of them.

I was using XBMC 13.xx and when I switched to the new Kodi 14.xx is when the youtube icons changed, "my favorites" went missing and the searches seem to have less functionality. Is this a totally different youtube addon?
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20