• 12(current)
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip
(2015-02-14, 15:59)bertybassett Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 02:14)username145 Wrote: Since I bought a Pi 1 like a week before the Pi 2 came out (Pi 2 on back order for March), decided to see how it runs as a PVR backend and client on Raspbmc, while recording to a NAS over wifi. It did surprisingly well, no problems at all. Only issue is UI sluggishness. Simply scrolling the EPG timeline, for example, or even navigating menus during playback, is quite choppy. If this choppiness does not exist with the Pi 2, I'll order 3 of them :P

here is my tube video of a fully set Raspberry Pi 2 with Aeon Nox with OPENelec and TVheadend and the guide going insanely fast and smooth.

Live TV bits are near the end.

P.S. don't forget the advancesettings.xml with <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjqEj0ArQEg

That looks really impressive thanks for posting. Can I ask a couple of questions.

1. Is your Pi2 Overclocked?
2. Do you have the TV Headend server running on Pi2 or on another computer?
3. Have u purchased the MPEG2 codec?
4. What is CPU percentage when watching live tv
For those that already have a unit, does software decoding of DTS core work? I had to give up on my previous Pi because most Blu-Ray rips have DTS instead of AC3 and I would constantly get stuttering. I am hoping that the Pi 2 will now be able to play these files and I can stop plugging my laptop into my TV.

P-Worm
Yes. On a Pi2, software DTS decoding to PCM works, as I believe does software Dolby True HD decoding.
(2015-02-15, 19:14)noggin Wrote: as I believe does Dolby True HD decoding.
Confirmed.
(2015-02-15, 13:50)RageCrap Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 15:59)bertybassett Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 02:14)username145 Wrote: Since I bought a Pi 1 like a week before the Pi 2 came out (Pi 2 on back order for March), decided to see how it runs as a PVR backend and client on Raspbmc, while recording to a NAS over wifi. It did surprisingly well, no problems at all. Only issue is UI sluggishness. Simply scrolling the EPG timeline, for example, or even navigating menus during playback, is quite choppy. If this choppiness does not exist with the Pi 2, I'll order 3 of them Tongue

here is my tube video of a fully set Raspberry Pi 2 with Aeon Nox with OPENelec and TVheadend and the guide going insanely fast and smooth.

Live TV bits are near the end.

P.S. don't forget the advancesettings.xml with <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjqEj0ArQEg

That looks really impressive thanks for posting. Can I ask a couple of questions.

1. Is your Pi2 Overclocked?
2. Do you have the TV Headend server running on Pi2 or on another computer?
3. Have u purchased the MPEG2 codec?
4. What is CPU percentage when watching live tv

Hi,

Would you mind sharing your setup?
NFS - SMB?
Advanced settings
sd card brand-type
overclock...

You system is very responsive. At the moment i use confluence en my system is not as responsive!
Hello guys, i use 1080XF and it works like a charm on the new raspberry pi 2 oc to 1000ghz, the main problem is that if i leave it on stand by for a long period it freezes and needs a reboot.
(2015-02-16, 09:15)abpostelnicu Wrote: Hello guys, i use 1080XF and it works like a charm on the new raspberry pi 2 oc to 1000ghz, the main problem is that if i leave it on stand by for a long period it freezes and needs a reboot.

Remove the overclock and see if the freeze stops.
Will do that and let you know. Another issue that i've encountered is when changing to the new skin 1080xf my library was no longer present and no scrapping was done..
(2015-02-16, 09:15)abpostelnicu Wrote: Hello guys, i use 1080XF and it works like a charm on the new raspberry pi 2 oc to 1000ghz, the main problem is that if i leave it on stand by for a long period it freezes and needs a reboot.

Way to much... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-02-16, 15:36)Memphiz Wrote:

Way to much... Wink

How can that be way to much since the default speed is 900mhz?
because its more then factor 1000 man ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2015-02-16, 15:37)abpostelnicu Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 15:36)Memphiz Wrote:

Way to much... Wink

mhz vs ghz Wink
sorry for the misspelled word
(2015-02-16, 16:13)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 15:37)abpostelnicu Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 15:36)Memphiz Wrote: Way to much... Wink

mhz vs ghz Wink

getting nerdy in here Wink
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
i have put a smiley behind my statement - didn't think that this ended up in a bubblegum Wink
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip0