Launch Steam instead of RCB
I cannot, for the life of me, get RCB to work at all. I've tried just about everything under the sun and ultimately I've been unsuccessful.

I can, however, get Steam working perfectly. Is there a way to switch what addon is launched when the icon for "GAME" is clicked? Instead of it launching RCB I would like it to launch my Steam addon, which integrates via Big Picture Mode perfectly.

Then if I really want to, I can use ICE to get my stuff into Steam.
It's unfortunate that you're having problems with RCB. I hope the upcoming retroplayer kodi integration will help matters there in the future.

Anyway.. To set you up for Steam, this **should** work (I can't test it myself unfortunately):

locate skin file 1080i/home.xml

Find:
Code:
<item>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hideGames) + System.HasAddon(script.games.rom.collection.browser)</visible>
    <label>31156</label>
    <label2></label2>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.games.rom.collection.browser,)</onclick>
</item>

Replace with:
Code:
<item>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hideGames)</visible>
    <label>31156</label>
    <label2></label2>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.steam.launcher)</onclick>
</item>

I've included an appropriate Steam icon. If the icon does not appear (the forum's text editor might not allow it), let me know and i'll Dropbox it over.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2015-02-17, 12:17)thedeadman Wrote: It's unfortunate that you're having problems with RCB. I hope the upcoming retroplayer kodi integration will help matters there in the future.
I've included an appropriate Steam icon. If the icon does not appear (the forum's text editor might not allow it), let me know and i'll Dropbox it over.

Thanks a ton - I'm at work at the moment but I will try this when I get home today. I really appreciate the response and yes, hopefully retroplayer integration helps me out in the future! I'd love to have RCB or something like that working, as it sounds fantastic. Steam is perfectly fine for now though!

I'll let you know if this works!
This worked brilliantly!
Good to hear!
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch Steam instead of RCB0