• 39(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
I noticed that in the tv/radio channels view 'now playing' video is not showing in the background, in any other view it is working fine.
(2015-02-16, 13:44)lednurb Wrote: I noticed that in the tv/radio channels view 'now playing' video is not showing in the background, in any other view it is working fine.

Don't believe I've made any changes that would affect this, I'm guessing it's always been this way? Probably has to do with the fact that the Channel view has the now playing live tv displayed in a small window already. Putting it in the background would be repetitive.
bryanbrazil,

This skin is awesome! Thank you for sharing, and for being so responsive with changes and fixes! I have one small request, and apologize boeforheand if this has been asked before.

Could you and subtitle language information to the movie info dialog? It already shows the first audio language (three letter code), but does not show subtitle language.

I hope you will consider this request. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
(2015-02-16, 22:51)bsoriano Wrote: bryanbrazil,

This skin is awesome! Thank you for sharing, and for being so responsive with changes and fixes! I have one small request, and apologize boeforheand if this has been asked before.

Could you and subtitle language information to the movie info dialog? It already shows the first audio language (three letter code), but does not show subtitle language.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks! I see Black created script.videolanguage, but it hasn't been updated in almost 2 years. Do you know if this works with Helix, or is there another way to display subtitle languages now? Looks like this script just displays the languages of embedded subtitles, would be nice to display existing external subtitles too.

If language infolabels are available, I'll consider adding it. If it's a matter of needing specific filenames, not likely.
Is there a way to set an item on the main menu to have focus on startup? I have 5 items and I want item 3 (the middle one) to be the one that is in focus but its always the second one. I'm sure there is/was an option for it but I can't find it anywhere! Cheers.
(2015-02-16, 19:03)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 13:44)lednurb Wrote: I noticed that in the tv/radio channels view 'now playing' video is not showing in the background, in any other view it is working fine.

Don't believe I've made any changes that would affect this, I'm guessing it's always been this way? Probably has to do with the fact that the Channel view has the now playing live tv displayed in a small window already. Putting it in the background would be repetitive.

But radio channels will not show anything in the small window! I think it is more consistent to have video in the background in all views (just like reFocus)!
(2015-02-17, 02:49)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 22:51)bsoriano Wrote: bryanbrazil,

Regards,

Bart

Thanks! I see Black created script.videolanguage, but it hasn't been updated in almost 2 years. Do you know if this works with Helix, or is there another way to display subtitle languages now? Looks like this script just displays the languages of embedded subtitles, would be nice to display existing external subtitles too.

If language infolabels are available, I'll consider adding it. If it's a matter of needing specific filenames, not likely.

bryanbrazil,

The script.skin.info.service 203196 (thread) created by phil65 has all of the functionality of script.videolanguage, and it works on Helix. As I understand from the documentation (I am not a skinner), the language infolabels are there. No need to change any filenames (I would not do that myself either). Please take a look and let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Finally figured out how to fix the transitions between widgets, update is on github. Should be a noticeable improvement for those that display home screen widgets all the time (without pressing up).
(2015-02-17, 14:54)bsoriano Wrote: The script.skin.info.service 203196 (thread) created by phil65 has all of the functionality of script.videolanguage, and it works on Helix. As I understand from the documentation (I am not a skinner), the language infolabels are there. No need to change any filenames (I would not do that myself either). Please take a look and let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hmm, I checked DialogVideoInfo.xml and it already has the controls for audio language and subtitle language. I installed script.skin.info.service, but I couldn't get those labels to display. Not sure what I'm missing...
(2015-02-17, 14:49)lednurb Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 19:03)bryanbrazil Wrote:

But radio channels will not show anything in the small window! I think it is more consistent to have video in the background in all views (just like reFocus)!
Think I'll leave it as-is. If you'd like to change it, just remove Window.IsVisible(TVChannels) and Window.IsVisible(RadioChannels) from the visibility conditions in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml.
(2015-02-17, 09:07)smiffy1989 Wrote: Is there a way to set an item on the main menu to have focus on startup? I have 5 items and I want item 3 (the middle one) to be the one that is in focus but its always the second one. I'm sure there is/was an option for it but I can't find it anywhere! Cheers.
Try reordering your main menu items in skin settings (ie, swap the positions of the second and third items).
(2015-02-18, 06:36)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 09:07)smiffy1989 Wrote: Is there a way to set an item on the main menu to have focus on startup? I have 5 items and I want item 3 (the middle one) to be the one that is in focus but its always the second one. I'm sure there is/was an option for it but I can't find it anywhere! Cheers.
Try reordering your main menu items in skin settings (ie, swap the positions of the second and third items).

That doesn't achieve what I want. I like the order that they are in, its just that when I first startup position 2 is the default instead of position 3.

I have:
Movies - TV Shows - Live TV - Weather - Settings

I want Live TV to be the default and be in the middle but TV Shows is the default.
If I switch TV Shows and Live TV around, Live TV will be the default but will no longer be in the middle.

Does that make sense?
(2015-02-18, 10:51)smiffy1989 Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 06:36)bryanbrazil Wrote:

That doesn't achieve what I want. I like the order that they are in, its just that when I first startup position 2 is the default instead of position 3.

I have:
Movies - TV Shows - Live TV - Weather - Settings

I want Live TV to be the default and be in the middle but TV Shows is the default.
If I switch TV Shows and Live TV around, Live TV will be the default but will no longer be in the middle.

Does that make sense?
Do you use wrap list or fixed list for your horizontal lists? If you use the default wrap list, just move Movies to the end. Should achieve the effect you want.
I love this skin! Amazing job! I've been using Aeon for years now, and this is the first skin I've found that's finally killed my bad Aeon habit Big Grin.

I had a quick question about disabling the the top bar globally. I didn't see an option for it, is there a specific XML file in my skin folder I can edit to disable it? Keep up the great work!
(2015-02-19, 21:26)Wasse Wrote: I love this skin! Amazing job! I've been using Aeon for years now, and this is the first skin I've found that's finally killed my bad Aeon habit Big Grin.

I had a quick question about disabling the the top bar globally. I didn't see an option for it, is there a specific XML file in my skin folder I can edit to disable it? Keep up the great work!
Yeah, there's only an option to disable it on the home screen.

If you want to disable it everywhere, you need to open up Includes.xml and search for "topbar." Then comment out that entire control group.

I believe you would still see the topbar in the favorites dialog and the global search window. Those would need to be removed from their respective xmls.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9