• 49(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-23, 17:30)Loom Wrote: Another thing I noticed some builds ago:

Some minutes after booting there's a message "Failed to download Splash Video".

What kind of video should that be, and why can't it be downloaded? Maybe it's not supposed to work on the Pi ?

I can't tell you why the download fails but you can download the video manually
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1849922

Also see
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1850711

Download alternative intros from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1921025
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...

What kind of video should that be, and why can't it be downloaded? Maybe it's not supposed to work on the Pi ?

It's the splash video.

It sounds like your network (internet) isn't up by the time Kodi starts.

You could try adding "Wait for network" in OpenELEC Settings. Or just disable the splash video with:
Code:
touch /storage/.config/splash.disable
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-23, 13:51)Loom Wrote: I can confirm that with build #0221 and onwards on my RaspPi B my external hd doesn't get mounted.

It appears with it's name, but there is no content available. NTFS formatted.

Dear LOOM,

i had this too, I fixed it by just rebooting from the reboot menu and it downloaded correctly after that. The boot screen is really bad ass. Never seen such a cool boot screen.Nod
(2015-02-23, 16:33)Milhouse Wrote: There's a new commit that might address this problem (368f9ae5a). I've uploaded test builds with the new commit - can you confirm if this build behaves any differently?

#0222b: RPi / RPi2

Yes, this build has fixed the issue, thanks.

It work but is common for what if seen, that was reported in this threat some pages back.

Here's what i've done to solve:

With SSH:
Code:
wget http://milhouse.openelec.tv/other/splash.h264 -O - >/dev/null
touch /storage/.config/splash.enable (change to splash.disable on the command if pretends to disable the error)
Reboot

I think this is due to something on network not starting when the download is requested, i've tryed several builds and several settings but cannot find the answer for the delay. Someone more in the openelec/kodi can help you more with the reasons. In openelec network settings there is an option to delay kodi to start waiting for network.

You probably cannot change dchp to manual (static ip) in openelec network settinga also.

Hope this fix your problem
New OpenELEC I****** build #0223: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 Mon Feb 23 21:31:58 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 21 2015 18:37:41
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 35719cfaa6b22a5743a7de87ddbae98b1ff37d9b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150223213106-#0223-gcfe1972 [Build #0223]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001544.036: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (cfe19728, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1f7566a6, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix for external HDD mounting after systemd-219 update
  2. Fix for fsck -y erroring on USB drives that appear too late - now only checks internal drives (ie. SD card)
  3. Updated samba
  4. Added: PR:6418: Return correct playlist in Player.GetProperties
  5. Added: PR:6526: [video] getscraperforpath() once is enough
  6. Added: PR:6529: [smbdirectory] mark dot files and folders hidden (fixes #15680)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Add home key id for Rii i7 remote (PR:3934, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • udevil: use SYSTEMD_WANTS in udev (368f9ae5)
    • init: ignore ret 8 from fsck if not force checking (c33ddc5c)
    • vdr-addon: typo (2a279074)
    • samba: update to samba-3.6.25 (74cf10a0)
    • Revert "projects/RPi*/linux: enable CONFIG_HIGHMEM" (cfe19728)
  2. kernel 3.19.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • config: Add 6LoWPAN modules (dd7a13c7)
      • config: enable TOUCHSCREEN_USB_COMPOSITE (31214d9a)
      • char/vc_cma: fix build with LPAE enabled (ab7d67ed)
      • config: Updates: remove AUDIT, CPU_IDLE, HOTPLUG_CPU, SUSPEND and make IKCONFIG a module (cafaa898)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:6418: Return correct playlist in Player.GetProperties
    • Added: PR:6526: [video] getscraperforpath() once is enough
    • Added: PR:6529: [smbdirectory] mark dot files and folders hidden (fixes #15680)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse I was wondering if you could include https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...80c4f6d68a in the next build for testing.
Seems like a leftover (not a single SetPriority call is guarded) and I'm wondering if there could be any benefit on a Pi 1 (can't see anything different on a Pi 2) or not.
GUI navigation while stream details and/or thumbnails are being extracted might be (slightly) faster. Extracting stream details and/or thumbnails might be (slightly) slower. To be honest, I don't expect any measurable difference, but you never know...
Hello,

i still have these Openelec 5.0.3 Still corrupts SD Card on Pi2 problem with these nightly builds to.
Is there any chance to fix this?

My config:
sd card
http://www.amazon.de/Transcend-TS32GUSDH...wforumr-21

powersuply
http://www.amazon.de/Rydges%C2%AE-High-Q...wforumr-21

wireless usb adapter
http://www.amazon.de/EDIMAX-EW-7811UN-Wi...wforumr-21

i test it without usb adapter and with another powersuply but its the same Problem. First boot ok. AFter 2-3 reboots i receive these error :/
Can you realy fix this problem PLEAAAASE.
Milhouse could you give a little more ram to the GUI for kodi gui on the RI2 build, it's smoother when you have lots of movies and tv shows, The gui shows the movies and tv pictures so it get choppy, if you don't have movies and tv-shows you will not see the choppyness.
(2015-02-24, 04:56)menakite Wrote: @Milhouse I was wondering if you could include https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...80c4f6d68a in the next build for testing.
Seems like a leftover (not a single SetPriority call is guarded) and I'm wondering if there could be any benefit on a Pi 1 (can't see anything different on a Pi 2) or not.
GUI navigation while stream details and/or thumbnails are being extracted might be (slightly) faster. Extracting stream details and/or thumbnails might be (slightly) slower. To be honest, I don't expect any measurable difference, but you never know...

Interesting. I've added to newclock4.
I agree, it looks like the #ifdef is a leftover. Can't see a reason why posix should behave differently.

I agree it could make UI or playback starting more responsive, at the expense of artwork showing up later.

Have a look at this and this which were other experiments in thread priorities. I've not had a lot of evidence as to whether they are beneficial.
(2015-02-24, 07:07)shuuk Wrote: i still have these Openelec 5.0.3 Still corrupts SD Card on Pi2 problem with these nightly builds to.
Is there any chance to fix this?

First, as a sanity check can you confirm the sdcard does not have a fake capacity with h2testw.
We had an example of this a couple of days ago with similar symptoms reported that proved to be a fake card.
Quote:Build Highlights:
  1. Fix for external HDD mounting after systemd-219 update
  2. Fix for fsck -y erroring on USB drives that appear too late - now only checks internal drives (ie. SD card)
  3. Updated samba
  4. Added: PR:6418: Return correct playlist in Player.GetProperties
  5. Added: PR:6526: [video] getscraperforpath() once is enough
  6. Added: PR:6529: [smbdirectory] mark dot files and folders hidden (fixes #15680)

Does this mean that there won't be support (in the future?) for USB /storage configurations?

BTW: Keep up your briljant work!
(2015-02-22, 16:22)popcornmix Wrote: I see the problem. Not sure if it is flac related.

The video is actually level 4.2 and 1080p60 (we only claim to support up to Blu-Ray quality which is level 4.1) and had:
Code:
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Frame rate                               : 59.880 fps
Original frame rate                      : 59.940 fps
and the framerate discrepancy tends to cause difficulties in syncing audio and video.

It may be possible to fix, but really the encoding options should be set to something more sane.

Ok, I understand.

My old laptop with kodi 15 Alpha1 (feb 24) plays it fine. But I guess different audio/video decoder is used plus the minor hardware differences i7 @ 2.7Ghz vs. RPi 2 Tongue

Thanks anyway for looking in to it.
(2015-02-20, 13:39)Milhouse Wrote: So #0213 is the last working build, or the first non-working build? Are you able to test on a Pi1, do you get the same crashes?

Just checked #0219 on RPI1 same issues activity icon goes slow then black screen and then reboots... same as on RPI2

Last working build seems to be r20266 ie #0213 on both Rpi platforms #02218,#0219,#0220,#0221,#0222 and #0223 not working

I have enabled/disabled overclocking and various H/W acceleration options including OMX player..still crashes every time when attempting Live TV with Argus client.

On rpi2 with #0223 I have renamed .kodi directory to remove all add-ons... so do not know why crashes occur. Recorded files play fine

logs here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31t8upajt9zw1...5Pfja?dl=0
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
I didn't like the slow channel switching on IPTV mpeg2 streams on 14.1 version, so I decided to give a try and test #0223 build. It works really fast!

The only issue I noticed that if deinterlacing was set to Auto or On, my IPTV streams were lagging, so I had to disable it. I have mpeg2 license and it is enabled.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112