• 72(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Ok so I must find those files and edit the highlighted rules in them with the ones in the Resolved section?
(2015-02-19, 05:04)calhaus Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 12:21)Carpenter Wrote: I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi B model with the latest XBian/Kodi 14.2 Beta2.

When I try to play a Youtube video, either nothing happens or I receive an error that the video can't be played (CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)). Do you perhaps know what the issue could be? I've also uninstalled and installed the addon again but so far no luck.

Log file
http://pastebin.com/xHHAVz3H

Same thing here.

I wrote a test...and the video id (based on your log) is working fine here (tested with XBMC 13.2 and KODU 14.0. Maybe this is a problem with KODI 14.2~beta2? Nothing I can see or do right now.
(2015-02-19, 10:54)bromix Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 05:04)calhaus Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 12:21)Carpenter Wrote: I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi B model with the latest XBian/Kodi 14.2 Beta2.

When I try to play a Youtube video, either nothing happens or I receive an error that the video can't be played (CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)). Do you perhaps know what the issue could be? I've also uninstalled and installed the addon again but so far no luck.

Log file
http://pastebin.com/xHHAVz3H

Same thing here.

I try to look into this...hopefully this weekend Smile The url for the streams seams not to be right...I miss the 'itag' parameter...basted on the log I can write a test to confirm and maybe fix this issue Smile thanks.

Thanks for looking into the problem. Smile

Here is my debug log,:
http://pastebin.com/Dfkhzbmy

^In this log,I've sent a youtube video to rpi with a chrome extention.
Just want to thank for this great plugin. Working great.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hey there,

first of all, thank you sooooooo much for the Youtube Addon, using it all the time Smile

But I miss one feature: Using the Youtube App on my phone as a remote for the Youtube Kodi App. There is some kind of API, but I don't know any details. My TV's Youtube App displays a number code I can enter in my phone's Youtube App, from now on I'm able to search for videos on my phone and let them play on the previously added device.

Maybe it's possible to implement this feature, but anyway, I really enjoy using the Youtube Addon Smile
Hi,

I have got raspberry pi2 and have xbian kodi 14.2 installed. I cannot access youtube 5.0.6. When i click on the youtube tab and try to search it loads for a bit and gets back on the same screen. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall again, but no luck.

Prompt reply would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Jasmin
(2015-02-20, 12:43)jellybeans8215 Wrote: Hi,

I have got raspberry pi2 and have xbian kodi 14.2 installed. I cannot access youtube 5.0.6. When i click on the youtube tab and try to search it loads for a bit and gets back on the same screen. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall again, but no luck.

Prompt reply would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Jasmin

A prompt debug log (wiki) is appreciated...also I can't guaranty fully support for 14.2 yet, because it's still in beta Wink
(2015-02-20, 00:58)alanwww1 Wrote: Just want to thank for this great plugin. Working great.

You're welcome and thanks Smile
(2015-02-20, 02:42)Pixxaddict Wrote: Hey there,

first of all, thank you sooooooo much for the Youtube Addon, using it all the time Smile

But I miss one feature: Using the Youtube App on my phone as a remote for the Youtube Kodi App. There is some kind of API, but I don't know any details. My TV's Youtube App displays a number code I can enter in my phone's Youtube App, from now on I'm able to search for videos on my phone and let them play on the previously added device.

Maybe it's possible to implement this feature, but anyway, I really enjoy using the Youtube Addon Smile

Thanks Wink

If you mean 'Paring with a device', this is not so easy to accomplish. I already tested this and the inofficial API is not so simple. Also keep in mind each command you send will first run through a google server before coming back to your device (tested with a transparent proxy).
Also this will need a service to run all the time, because we need an opened connection/port (UPD mostly) to receive the commands from the server - which will more likely result in a separate addon Smile
(2015-02-20, 12:56)bromix Wrote:

Thanks Wink

If you mean 'Paring with a device', this is not so easy to accomplish. I already tested this and the inofficial API is not so simple. Also keep in mind each command you send will first run through a google server before coming back to your device (tested with a transparent proxy).
Also this will need a service to run all the time, because we need an opened connection/port (UPD mostly) to receive the commands from the server - which will more likely result in a separate addon Smile

Would love it if this could be implemented at some point. Thanks for the hard work!
(2015-02-19, 17:30)bromix Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 17:25)TechnoTuup Wrote: Hi

I am getting a 'Script Failed' error when launching the YouTube app on Kodi 14.1 Helix running the standard skin (also tried with Aeon Nox, same error). I don't think it was skin related though, but I've tried anyway. Big Grin

My pastebin is: http://pastebin.com/YmmteaAy

I get the error when launching the app or when I want to start a trailer from the Movie section info page.

I already tried reinstalling Kodi with all new settings but that didn't help.

What am I doing wrong..?

Thanks for the info...it's the same issue Smile

Looking at the link, it states Resolved. What should I do to resolve it? Look up the files and change the highlighted lines in those files?

Thanks Wink

Yatse will do this. Find video on android YouTube, share to kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-20, 20:13)nickr Wrote:

Thanks Wink

Yatse will do this. Find video on android YouTube, share to kodi.

Anything on iOS?
Does ios do any upnp?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-20, 12:56)bromix Wrote: Also this will need a service to run all the time, because we need an opened connection/port (UPD mostly) to receive the commands from the server - which will more likely result in a separate addon Smile
This makes sense, but - speaking of me - when I want to watch a video on Youtube, the addon is already open. So the "listening serivce" has to be running only if the addon is in foreground and it is paired with a device.

(2015-02-20, 20:13)nickr Wrote: Yatse will do this. Find video on android YouTube, share to kodi.
Unfortunately, I'm on iOS Smile

(2015-02-20, 23:24)nickr Wrote: Does ios do any upnp?
It does, but only using 3rd party apps.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20