• 18(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
Thanks for this awesome Addon, it's actually one of the reasons I switched from MediaPortal to Kodi!

I translated it to German and also added Strings for pretty much all the text that may appear in the GUI. You can download it here.
You can traslate it to another language by following these steps:
1. Go to the plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp folder
2. Duplicate the resources/language/English folder and rename it to the name of your language
3. Open resources/language/<your language>/strings.xml with any text editor
4. Change all the Strings in the <string> tags to their translations
The next time you start Kodi and the Google Music addon it should display in your language (if you've activated that language in the Kodi settings).
Thank you, I will add it to next version.
Big thank you for this great Add-On!
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
(2015-02-13, 19:07)foreverguest Wrote: New test version:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4alpha1
- changed default sort methods
- added library export to 'My Library' context menu (you'll need to add path as music source to show in kodi)
- added 'Start Radio' to context menu of every song
- show artist fanart or addon background in songs and folders
- don't store the password in plaintext
- fixes and code refactoring

Im i reading right?
Can kodis music library be populated with my google music library?
How does this work?
Yes, there is a new 'Export' option in the 'My Library' context menu, it will ask you to provide a path. Then you'll need to add that path as a source to your Kodi music library.
(2015-02-23, 12:32)foreverguest Wrote: Yes, there is a new 'Export' option in the 'My Library' context menu, it will ask you to provide a path. Then you'll need to add that path as a source to your Kodi music library.

This is great news, I cannot wait to try it out. Since I have already uploaded my own music to google play it brings up a general question - how does kodi handle duplicate music files?

Export option means manual updating of google music library in kodi. Could you add an option to autoexport/update the same way the google music library is updated?
I have a Problem when using my NAS as the export location. See the following error report:

14:11:44 T:1208 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (123, 'Die Syntax f\xfcr den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datentr\xe4gerbezeichnung ist falsch', 'smb://DISKSTATION/music/googlemusicdb/')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Wohnzimmer\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.py", line 18, in <module>
GoogleMusicActions.GoogleMusicActions().executeAction(action, params)
File "C:\Users\Wohnzimmer\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicActions.py", line 42, in executeAction
self.exportLibrary(utils.addon.getSetting('export_path'))
File "C:\Users\Wohnzimmer\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicActions.py", line 128, in exportLibrary
os.mkdir(path)
WindowsError: (123, 'Die Syntax f\xfcr den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datentr\xe4gerbezeichnung ist falsch', 'smb://DISKSTATION/music/googlemusicdb/')
-->End of Python script error report<--

When I'm using a local Folder on my Kodi-PC the Export does work

Any ideas ?
Try to map the network folder to a local drive, so you get G:// instead of SMB://
This has worked in other addons with library integration. No idea if it works here though..

edit: just tested, I also got script error in first attempt, but it works with the local drive name of the smb-folder.
(2015-02-23, 14:21)StefanK Wrote: Since I have already uploaded my own music to google play it brings up a general question - how does kodi handle duplicate music files?

Export option means manual updating of google music library in kodi. Could you add an option to autoexport/update the same way the google music library is updated?

Great work foreverguest! Now more questions: I have succesfully added google music to my music sources but the source doesn't add to my library when I try. Why not? Does the library function not recognize strm-files?

Also, when choosing song from album, there is no automatic playing next song/stream as would normally be the case.

Anyone else experiencing this? Solution?
(2015-02-23, 14:21)StefanK Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 12:32)foreverguest Wrote: Yes, there is a new 'Export' option in the 'My Library' context menu, it will ask you to provide a path. Then you'll need to add that path as a source to your Kodi music library.

That would rock indeed
So exporting to NAS doesnt work? (yet?)
Hi,

I've downloaded the latest stable version (exp.1.3) however, the script fails Confused Anyone know what's up?

Here's a log:

Code:
15:12:37 T:1763835640  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:12:37 T:1926171512  NOTICE: version 2.0.3 started
15:12:38 T:1763835640  NOTICE: GoogleMusicEXP-1.3alpha1 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '1', '']
15:12:39 T:1926171512  NOTICE: finished
15:12:42 T:1763835640   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'version' is not defined
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/default.py", line 59, in <module>
                                                settings.setSetting('version',version)
                                            NameError: name 'version' is not defined
15:12:42 T:1540425960   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/
15:12:42 T:1540425960   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/) failed
15:12:43 T:1778956472  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

ThanksWink
(2015-02-14, 02:45)da-anda Wrote: gave 1.4alpha1a try. had serious issues with my password. tried deleting the old add-on settings file to start from scratch but password never worked. I then edited the add-on settings file manually and fixed the value. No idea where the typo came from but I tried it at least 5 times using a real keyboard so I doubt I entered it wrong in every attempt. Also password was not always stored and the field showed up empty when looking at the add-on settings dialog. I also noticed that the password is still plaintext which according to your change log should be changed now. AFAIK there is some password storage helper add-on available if you want to give that one a try.

One other thing I noticed is that when you search for something and then browse into an artist from the search result that you only see some of their songs but no albums.

A feature that could be added would be a context menu entry to go to the artists in online library to have a look at new albums etc. So not a link to the local library but sort of like a search result.

Keep up the good work on it, I enjoy using it several times a week.

getting invalid credentials all the time, mailadres + pasword correctly filled
(2015-02-23, 14:21)StefanK Wrote: This is great news, I cannot wait to try it out. Since I have already uploaded my own music to google play it brings up a general question - how does kodi handle duplicate music files?
Don't know, have to try and see.

(2015-02-23, 14:21)StefanK Wrote: Export option means manual updating of google music library in kodi. Could you add an option to autoexport/update the same way the google music library is updated?
So every time you update the library an export is executed?
(2015-02-23, 23:11)StefanK Wrote: Great work foreverguest! Now more questions: I have succesfully added google music to my music sources but the source doesn't add to my library when I try. Why not? Does the library function not recognize strm-files?
Something I noticed when testing, if I already have a music library and add the export path, the exported files are detected and included into the library, if I don't have a music library they're not detected. Don't know if it is a Kodi bug or something is missing.

(2015-02-23, 23:11)StefanK Wrote: Also, when choosing song from album, there is no automatic playing next song/stream as would normally be the case.
I think strm files aren't assumed to be music files which have the behavior of automatically playing next.
(2015-02-24, 17:15)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hi,

I've downloaded the latest stable version (exp.1.3) however, the script fails Confused Anyone know what's up?

Here's a log:

Code:
15:12:37 T:1763835640  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:12:37 T:1926171512  NOTICE: version 2.0.3 started
15:12:38 T:1763835640  NOTICE: GoogleMusicEXP-1.3alpha1 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '1', '']
15:12:39 T:1926171512  NOTICE: finished
15:12:42 T:1763835640   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'version' is not defined
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/default.py", line 59, in <module>
                                                settings.setSetting('version',version)
                                            NameError: name 'version' is not defined
15:12:42 T:1540425960   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/
15:12:42 T:1540425960   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/) failed
15:12:43 T:1778956472  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

ThanksWink
The log shows you're using version 1.3alpha1, this version had some bugs, please use new version.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17