• 19(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
(2015-02-24, 20:11)foreverguest Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 23:11)StefanK Wrote: Great work foreverguest! Now more questions: I have succesfully added google music to my music sources but the source doesn't add to my library when I try. Why not? Does the library function not recognize strm-files?
Something I noticed when testing, if I already have a music library and add the export path, the exported files are detected and included into the library, if I don't have a music library they're not detected. Don't know if it is a Kodi bug or something is missing.

My library too is empty, and indeed, after expoert, its not included in library
strange

can anyone confirm?

Cause when i look at music artist or by album, all is empty
(2015-02-24, 20:15)foreverguest Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 17:15)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hi,

I've downloaded the latest stable version (exp.1.3) however, the script fails Confused Anyone know what's up?

Here's a log:

Code:
15:12:37 T:1763835640  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:12:37 T:1926171512  NOTICE: version 2.0.3 started
15:12:38 T:1763835640  NOTICE: GoogleMusicEXP-1.3alpha1 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '1', '']
15:12:39 T:1926171512  NOTICE: finished
15:12:42 T:1763835640   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'version' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/default.py", line 59, in <module>
                                                settings.setSetting('version',version)
                                            NameError: name 'version' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:12:42 T:1540425960   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/
15:12:42 T:1540425960   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/) failed
15:12:43 T:1778956472  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

ThanksWink
The log shows you're using version 1.3alpha1, this version had some bugs, please use new version.

Thanks for your reply foreverguest. I've downloaded from the link in the first post under 'Download latest stable version'.

(2014-07-25, 22:07)foreverguest Wrote: This is a spin-off from the Vially's great addon in thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134783

Download latest stable version:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.3
Changes in this version:
- show artwork when browsing artists/albums/playlists/search results
- show album artwork when playing song
- change view when browsing library and added option to disable it (only works with confluence)
- added alternative sort methods
- fixes for all access search

[...]

Am I using the wrong download link? If I am, would appreciate it if you could post the latest download link.

Thanks Big Grin
This is the right link, try removing the addon before installing the new version.
Foreverguest
Any idea why my library is empty even after export to path (succesful)
and adding that path to library?
As I said earlier, it could be a Kodi bug or something else is needed.
Try creating a library with a few mp3 files then add the export path.
oh that was you saying that
Smile
I just tried by putting in some other mp3 files
but it doesnt fix it
still empty
(2015-02-24, 19:57)foreverguest Wrote: So every time you update the library an export is executed?
Exactly, not a top priority function though - it seems that export takes some time - would it be possible to run the export in background?

(2015-02-24, 20:11)foreverguest Wrote: Something I noticed when testing, if I already have a music library and add the export path, the exported files are detected and included into the library, if I don't have a music library they're not detected. Don't know if it is a Kodi bug or something is missing.
I did have a music library already, but the exported source has not been added Sad

(2015-02-24, 20:11)foreverguest Wrote: I think strm files aren't assumed to be music files which have the behavior of automatically playing next.
I wonder if that behaviour is changeable through advancedsettings or in another way?
(2015-02-24, 22:29)StefanK Wrote: I did have a music library already, but the exported source has not been added Sad
You're right just tested again and it was not added Sad
I could swear I was able to add it somehow, I'll do more tests.

(2015-02-24, 22:29)StefanK Wrote: I wonder if that behaviour is changeable through advancedsettings or in another way?
Tried:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <musicextensions>
        <add>.strm</add>
    </musicextensions>
</advancedsettings>
but didn't work.
It seems every time I load the add-on I get the settings dialogue appear:

Once I enter my credentials it either says "invalid credentials" or it finally logs in and displays the menu

but my library is completely blank. Here is what I see under "All Songs":

Image.

The "invalid credentials" message pops up around 95% of the time despite typing my username and password exactly correct and also enabling less secure apps.

Hope that helps foreverguest Wink

EDIT: I've managed to get it to work by disabling the add-on and then configuring the settings (entering my crednetials) and then re-enabling the add-on. It seems like the add-on was not saving my credentials and kept loading the settings dialogue to re-enter my credentials every time I opened the add-on.
Thank you for this awsome add-on.

Upload limit of Google Play Music is now 50,000 songs. I'm happy.
Sorry for my English.
OS X 10.10.x | Helix 14.x
First of all thanks for this nice add-on.

I got a problem with using this plugin on my Kodi-Installation running on the amazon FireTV. The plugin runs nicely for about 3-5 songs and after that Kodi crashes to the FireTV-Homescreen.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this and how to solve this issue?

http://pastebin.com/pZZcx4n0

Kind regards
Kristian
Hi all great add on but having problems on FireTV with KODI
I installed, sees all my songs and libraries on Google Music NP
But click on a song and get Script Failed error everytime for every song
Can someone help

Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/pnonlu7yr
Thanks
dallasnights, your errors may be caused by simultaneous access from different devices or if you already have 10 devices registered in your account.
thank you it was the 10 device issue all works good now great addon thanks all
foreverguest - any plans on moving your code to github so that others can more easily contribute?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17