• 35(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-02-24, 04:44)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 02:02)thegreaterikku Wrote: Wow... just wow.
Easily the prettiest skin by far. I noticed a few bugs and I want to help but i'll post them here maybe someone already fixed them in the thread.

Music section
the album stays lowres even if you download an highres version. It's probably just a define type which isn't used since it's highres in the album information. So i'll look into it.

Global
where is the file located for the mainscreen widget? I just want to make some small modification on it which I might preset if it helps but it's mainly for my own taste.
Thanks.

I think the music thing sounds like a kodi issue rather than a skin issue... are you sure this doesnt happen in other skins? Also, what viewtype does it happen in so I can have a look into it.

The home widgets have bits in lots of different files - includes_home.xml, includes_defs.xml and includes.xml - its kind of complicated to explain, you will have to look at the code to follow how it goes.

Seriously... I think it works fine with other skins but currently can't say 100% for sure. I'll still look into it since I have time, but you know, maybe you are right. It's the default view type which is "list" if I recall. There's only two anyway for music and I don't use the small thumbnail one.

Thanks for the widget. I just want to change the size since the square is fine but I don't mind having it taking a bit more space since the information is all cluttered.
I have another strange issue, maybe easy to answer.

The media files for my main library are located on a filesever which is not powered 90% of the time. If I start kodi on my frontends with an offline server, the widget for recent, spotlight, etc... is loading but not showing any content, my frontend pulls the db from a mysql backend where also are all my recent media files reside
Does the wiget script need full access to all media to load? With confluence (my standard skin for years, there is no issue). I thought kodi will pull that stuff from cached thumbs? I have no issue with the library views however.
I dug out my login details just to come here and say WOW at this skin, love it.

The only issue I'm having is this, when you have your library set to auto-update at startup, during that process the entire menu at the bottom jumps back and forth until the scan has finished.

Other than that, I'm loving this skin, very very nice work.
Where can i change the colour from the now playing circle?
i found nothing in defaults.xml
(2015-02-23, 11:59)Natz Wrote: add default icons in overrides.xml
*snip*
Excellent!
Thanks, saves me a lot of time! Added Big Grin

(2015-02-24, 06:17)thrak76 Wrote: I was testing it while using the the top level of a tvshow. It makes sense for the script to not show the director there. It does show the director for individual episodes though. Any way around the blank entry in the top level of a show?
Should be fixed now. Had to give up wrap around scrolling, but I think its a good compromise.

(2015-02-24, 12:11)mason Wrote: 1. The playcontrols and the overall OSD doesn't fit the light default theme and the overall look of the skin, any plans to adjust this?

2. Also the controls on the top are slightly irritating, I would expect them on the bottom since the the home menu and stuff where the main 'controlling' is happening is also on the bottom.

3. Is the PVR part fully done yet? I'm missing the menu to switch to the EPG guide, only got the window remapping a button on the remote.
1. I know from experience that a dark osd is preferred by the majority. With the old version of arctic I originally had a light osd and had an overwhelming number of requests to switch it to dark. The general consensus was that a dark osd was much better and needed to address readability concerns (the library is much more "visual" so dark text on a light background is not as much of a concern, whereas the osd is just a chunk of info). I may add an option to flip the colours but its not priority.

2. I've been meaning to do this for a while, just had a few issues that needed ironing out first (its much much easier to code with the osd controls split from the seekbar). On latest git

3. That reminds me that I need to add quick nav options for the various sections from the side menu. The home screen submenu for livetv should have the various sections however.

(2015-02-24, 13:16)freem@n Wrote: Can you please add the artist fanart to the Music OSD? I don't like to use the Artist Slideshow add-on or the visualisation, one solid background fanart is sufficient for me.
Done Smile

(2015-02-24, 14:18)barney stinsen Wrote: hi jurial, question from my girlfriend. Is it possible/difficult to add a function that you can see the endtime of a movie based on the actual time, when i´m scrolling through the db?
For example, it is 8pm, i´m scrolling through my movies, the next movie runs 90 mins, that there is the endtime 9:30 pm, next movie 100 mins, so it would end 9:40pm and so on...
This would be a great feature, but unfortunately, afaik its not possible.

(2015-02-24, 14:26)magy77 Wrote: Is it possible to open the radio addon over a selfmade menubutton made with the customization config.? And could i set a channel in the submenu?
Customise > Select Shortcut > Radio Huh

(2015-02-24, 17:10)thegreaterikku Wrote: Seriously... I think it works fine with other skins but currently can't say 100% for sure. I'll still look into it since I have time, but you know, maybe you are right. It's the default view type which is "list" if I recall. There's only two anyway for music and I don't use the small thumbnail one.

Thanks for the widget. I just want to change the size since the square is fine but I don't mind having it taking a bit more space since the information is all cluttered.
Ahhh there are far more view types than just two for music (banner, extra info, icons, wall, list). This gives me a hint that you are not in library mode, but are instead in files mode. Open the side menu and choose "browse library"

How the widget looks is in includes_home.xml

(2015-02-24, 19:20)mason Wrote: I have another strange issue, maybe easy to answer.

The media files for my main library are located on a filesever which is not powered 90% of the time. If I start kodi on my frontends with an offline server, the widget for recent, spotlight, etc... is loading but not showing any content, my frontend pulls the db from a mysql backend where also are all my recent media files reside
Does the wiget script need full access to all media to load? With confluence (my standard skin for years, there is no issue). I thought kodi will pull that stuff from cached thumbs? I have no issue with the library views however.
I really couldn't say as I don't have that type of setup and I didnt write the script. Can you try with one of the skin supplied playlists as a widget (either Random or New Movies/TvShows) - they are down the bottom of the widget selection options. Both ways (script vs playlist) essentially do the same thing, each just has their own advantages and shortcomings (in progress can only be done by the script however).

Confluence uses a different method for widgets -- using that method would prevent me from doing all the other awesome stuff you can do like use a smart playlist or a library path as a widget.

(2015-02-24, 22:47)SmoothEmJay Wrote: I dug out my login details just to come here and say WOW at this skin, love it.

The only issue I'm having is this, when you have your library set to auto-update at startup, during that process the entire menu at the bottom jumps back and forth until the scan has finished.

Thanks. I can't reproduce this issue - I'm guessing something to do with a conflict between library auto update and skinshortcuts script. I really doubt its something I'm doing in the skin.

(2015-02-24, 23:21)magy77 Wrote: Where can i change the colour from the now playing circle?
i found nothing in defaults.xml
You can't without modifying the textures - the actual texture is coloured blue.
The pngs are in skin.arctic.zephyr/media/progress/circle/
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi Jurial, I will definitely take your word for it, with you being a skilled Kodi skinner.

I will have a play and see if I can resolve the issue, it's running on OpenElec but I don't see that being the cause? maybe..
Thx. When i click select shortcut - music addon - radio - my channels the folder is empty. But there channels in this folder.
I tried other channel folders and there all empty. Ive done it now over the favorits but i think this is not the right way...
(2015-02-24, 23:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 22:47)SmoothEmJay Wrote: I dug out my login details just to come here and say WOW at this skin, love it.

Thanks. I can't reproduce this issue - I'm guessing something to do with a conflict between library auto update and skinshortcuts script. I really doubt its something I'm doing in the skin.

i've noticed this as well when just initiating a library update from the home screen. it just didn't really bother me enough to make a post about it Tongue

here's a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vddvxm2yccn27d...5.MOV?dl=0

you can see the selection bounce around and some sections disappear and reappear. more of an annoyance than anything.
(2015-02-25, 00:20)furii Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 23:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:

i've noticed this as well when just initiating a library update from the home screen. it just didn't really bother me enough to make a post about it Tongue

here's a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vddvxm2yccn27d...5.MOV?dl=0

you can see the selection bounce around and some sections disappear and reappear. more of an annoyance than anything.

To be fair I did say it was my only slight issue, I'm still very much using and enjoying the skin itself Wink just thought I would mention it to Jurial in case he hadn't seen it.

PS: mine goes a little bit more crazy than that (reading media from NAS), as in it will do that consistently until the drive has been scanned for new media. It doesn't bother me that much (I've said that already, right?).
(2015-02-25, 00:29)SmoothEmJay Wrote: To be fair I did say it was my only slight issue, I'm still very much using and enjoying the skin itself Wink just thought I would mention it to Jurial in case he hadn't seen it.

PS: mine goes a little bit more crazy than that (reading media from NAS), as in it will do that consistently until the drive has been scanned for new media. It doesn't bother me that much (I've said that already, right?).

oh i was just saying i was lazy more than anything, not saying anything about you Smile i also have a gut feeling that it's a skin shortcuts issue and nothing that jurial can do anything about but i'd love to be proven wrong.

that video was pretty calm. like you i've seen it go crazier as well. i think it could be because everything had recently been scanned in and there wasn't any new media.
I have the same problem with the menu jumping around doing, but it's not unique to Arctic.

Jurial, is there a way to edit so that the bottom part of the OSD always shows during music playing? I love the look of it and being able to see whats playing at all times.
(2015-02-25, 00:54)Gragamale Wrote: I have the same problem with the menu jumping around doing, but it's not unique to Arctic.

Jurial, is there a way to edit so that the bottom part of the OSD always shows during music playing? I love the look of it and being able to see whats playing at all times.
my guess is that updating the library is interfering with skinshortcuts building the menu.

Re music osd... cant you just press info on your remote to keep it there? Thats what I do with no issue.
I've been using Kodi since 2008, and since then I've tried several skins, and I always reverted back to the default skin within days if not hours. I tried out Eminence and it was great, but there was something missing. Now I'm trying out Arctic Zephyr, and I'm not missing Confluence one bit. I appreciate your work.
Square Theme Textures
Prepacked textures file has been removed from github for repo inclusion purposes.
You can download the textures file manually at:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...Square.xbt
Download and put in the skin.arctic.zephyr/media folder
Jurialmunkey:

Is there an option to show weather on bottom right corner where the time and date are?

I can add a playlist to show IMDB top 250, but is there an option to show in any view this rating.

Lastly, I noticed that MPAA rating doesn't scroll.

Thanks for developing this skin
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37