• 5(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
(2015-02-23, 14:38)geofstro Wrote: OK; at the moment I have both Tidal and Wimp accounts (will cancel one of them eventually) Your code works with Tidal; but not Wimp:

Here is the log from Wimp:

failed to open source <http://front02.cph.wimpmusic.com/3/Gc0Zw8MY4MbWusmplJ%2BD2zr4u2hCQePhqj5dr60zQrOlEG6ZJ9ksYrfgCBueGvsHlm932hyikCe8ZmW39kgDBClJ7asm2tOdwe1PMwwteZRZeU1rz09JubcgsDjCAcL3qOhohOUG0hQNWnMuDx%2BD8p2hMWMMysIzW7aEFHuxJtul3DS%2B2KC8E4e7N4mpuqQ0tezTW7eNY0W%2FCgbP53KSP%2F47WTaYwqe99R80pZiJjq4XoPflZzBHTYrNjYU9E3MgwImP>
13:35:40 T:140735313269504 ERROR: Init: Error opening file http://front02.cph.wimpmusic.com/3/Gc0Zw...U9E3MgwImP
13:35:40 T:140735313269504 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file http://front02.cph.wimpmusic.com/3/Gc0Zw...U9E3MgwImP
13:35:40 T:140735313269504 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder

I hope this helps,

geoff

Could you try this one?
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4cp00j
You need to logout/login for this one to properly test it though.
Yes that one's working for WIMP Music now as well. Good work!

I'll do a more thorough test of all the features on both Sites tomorrow.

Thanks very much,

geoff
Hi guys,

I want to use TIdal on my mediacenter (kodi). I believe I am able to install the addon, but how do I tell it to logon to Tidal instead of WiMP?

(probably a stupid question, but I'm really not sure how to proceed...)

Thanks
(2015-02-23, 23:40)mmalkus Wrote: Hi guys,

I want to use TIdal on my mediacenter (kodi). I believe I am able to install the addon, but how do I tell it to logon to Tidal instead of WiMP?

(probably a stupid question, but I'm really not sure how to proceed...)

Thanks

TIDAL support is WIP and is not yet available in the repo.
You can wait a little for it to be pushed to a repo or you can snatch a zip I posted couple of posts above to test TIDAL support. It'll have a WIMP/TIDAL support in addon's settings
I downloaded and installed the zip file and manually set the setting 'site' to '1' (reading the code, that appears to be what needs to be done).
However when I try to login, I get a script error...
(2015-02-24, 00:05)mmalkus Wrote: I downloaded and installed the zip file and manually set the setting 'site' to '1' (reading the code, that appears to be what needs to be done).

Not sure how you did the setting. Theres a UI for configuring addons, you just go to context menu for addon and go to 'configure addon' (or w/e the name was, not near any kodi installation)
(2015-02-24, 01:40)theli_ua Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 00:05)mmalkus Wrote: I downloaded and installed the zip file and manually set the setting 'site' to '1' (reading the code, that appears to be what needs to be done).

Not sure how you did the setting. Theres a UI for configuring addons, you just go to context menu for addon and go to 'configure addon' (or w/e the name was, not near any kodi installation)

Not at home at the moment, but did try that yesterday. I could only find the configure thing in the app installation part (manage addons I recall). Maybe my Kodi installation is not completely up to date..

Anyway thanks for your help, I'll try again this evening Smile
(2015-02-23, 23:08)geofstro Wrote: Yes that one's working for WIMP Music now as well. Good work!

I'll do a more thorough test of all the features on both Sites tomorrow.

Thanks very much,

geoff
Can you test if wimp+lossless works with this one too? (and remember to logout/login) If it doesn't I'll add theli_ua's fix.
I got it working, I think I messed something up when installing different versions at the same time.

One question though, I'd like to control Tidal with my phone (xbmcremote app), however when I hit search I have to enter text via a keyboard (my phone keeps waiting). Would be really nice if that would. Would a different app maybe solve the problem?

Thanks for the good work!
(2015-02-24, 22:27)mmalkus Wrote: I got it working, I think I messed something up when installing different versions at the same time.

One question though, I'd like to control Tidal with my phone (xbmcremote app), however when I hit search I have to enter text via a keyboard (my phone keeps waiting). Would be really nice if that would. Would a different app maybe solve the problem?

Not sure. On Android both Kore and Yatse work for me for that iirc
(2015-02-24, 23:20)theli_ua Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 22:27)mmalkus Wrote: I got it working, I think I messed something up when installing different versions at the same time.

Not sure. On Android both Kore and Yatse work for me for that iirc

Got an iPhone :/
I tested the version last posted by you theli_ua and it's working fine for me on both WiMP and Tidal. I think I tested all features and found no problems.

Like mmalkus I'm also using an iPhone. The problem is that the plug-in presents a context menu which allows you to choose whether to search for Albums, Artists; etc. This context menu doesn't show up on the iPhone remote app, so you can't perform the search

The context menu is nice when working on Kodi desktop and obviously works on Android too; but for search to also work on IOS, could the search options be moved from the context menu to the main menu within Kodi? This way search would work from IOS.

thanks,

geoff
Actually I want to correct what I said in my last post. You CAN use the remote on IOS to search for Albums, Artists; etc.

First of all you need to distinguish between 1/ using the remote on IOS to control Kodi on another device when you can see the screen on the other device (e.g. desktop machine) and 2/ When you can't see the screen.

If you can't see the screen you need to know the search is performed and see the search results returned from WiMP on your IOS remote. This actually works as long as you know that the search context menu in WiMP/Kodi lists the options in the following order: Artists, Albums, Playlists, Tracks. You can navigate this blind using the IOS remote's virtual mouse. If you want to search for an Artist, do nothing as 'Artist' is already selected. If not tap he down arrow the necessary number of times for the search option you want. Hit the middle 'OK' button to activate the selected search option. Now pull up the virtual keyboard in the IOS remote app and type in the name of the Artist, Album, Playlist or Track you want to search for. Hit the return key and after a few seconds, if the search returns results from WiMP/Tidal you will see the results in your IOS remote app.

So it's just a question of memorising or noting down the order of those search options and using the remote apps up and down arrows as necessary.

I hope it helps.

geoff
I think Geoff is right. However it is still quite inconvenient to have to switch from the IOS remote to the 'on screen' remote function.

I recall that the youtube addon has a similar search function that fully utilizes the standard menu structure thus not requiring the 'on screen' remote functionality.

If that could be implemented in the WiMP app that would be really great.

One other thing, Kodi updated my WiMP version to the normal newest version (which does not support Tidal). It would be more convenient if it does not try to update to the standard version (I guess this could be done by an increment of the version number?).
How good does this addon work now? Im using Tidal at the moment but i could convert to Wimp if its not supported. But i really much would love to have Wimp/Tidal in my XBMC/Kodi
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8