• 3(current)
Proposal for small Forum Structure change
General support is the only forum without recent threads listed? looks a little weird to me Undecided
(2015-03-01, 16:17)wpbpete Wrote: General support is the only forum without recent threads listed? looks a little weird to me Undecided

Those weren't 'recent threads,' they were threads not put in to any category. It's not a lot tidier.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
@Piers
It does look tidy but at the same time, it doesn't look like the rest of the site. I can see the benefit for someone that needs OS specific help but for someone casually surfing the site idk... I enjoy reading threads on topics that don't have anything to do with my OS, just for learning opportunity.

I see their called 'normal threads' thanks for the correction
(2015-03-01, 19:49)wpbpete Wrote: @Piers
It does look tidy but at the same time, it doesn't look like the rest of the site. I can see the benefit for someone that needs OS specific help but for someone casually surfing the site idk... I enjoy reading threads on topics that don't have anything to do with my OS, just for learning opportunity.

All of the existing threads from there moved to the "OS independent/Other section" - you can still briwse if you're bored (I know I often do too Smile )

(2015-03-01, 20:01)Piers Wrote:

All of the existing threads from there moved to the "OS independent/Other section" - you can still briwse if you're bored (I know I often do too Smile )

lol We are easily entertained.... Nod

One last thought,
Wouldn't be beneficial to members that are always willing to help (like yourself) to at least have the most recent help issues at hand regardless of OS? Maybe keep it down to the newest 10, 12, 15 threads/posts?
(2015-03-01, 20:37)wpbpete Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 20:01)Piers Wrote:

lol We are easily entertained.... Nod

One last thought,
Wouldn't be beneficial to members that are always willing to help (like yourself) to at least have the most recent help issues at hand regardless of OS? Maybe keep it down to the newest 10, 12, 15 threads/posts?

To me that equals clutter. I'd like to see more changes, such as arranging the add-on categories by alphabetical order, so it matches the Skins section. The same with most areas also. It makes it easier for a user (especially first time users of who there are many) to access the forum and find what they're looking for with ease).

I'm still not crazy about the "OS independent / Other" name for what should be our most active forum.
(2015-03-01, 21:27)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm still not crazy about the "OS independent / Other" name for what should be our most active forum.

no it shouldn't.
users should post in the OS section they actually use. A lot of problems they ask are OS related
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-03-01, 21:28)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 21:27)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm still not crazy about the "OS independent / Other" name for what should be our most active forum.

no it shouldn't.
users should post in the OS section they actually use. A lot of problems they ask are OS related

As someone who attempts to read every post made in that form (yes, really), and several os-specific forums, I can say with some degree of accuracy that most questions are general and not platform specific. Putting general questions in platform-specific forums often makes it harder to both answer questions as well as search for existing answers.
To be clear, I don't think it's a big deal, and I'm fine with seeing how it goes for now.
But isn't the OS-Independent option just a replacement for having all the posts spread out below the main OS sections? At least, that's how it appears. So the reasoning is to stop people just clicking 'New Thread' and actually look and think.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

(2015-03-01, 23:18)Piers Wrote: But isn't the OS-Independent option just a replacement for having all the posts spread out below the main OS sections? At least, that's how it appears. So the reasoning is to stop people just clicking 'New Thread' and actually look and think.

Absolutely correct
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-03-01, 23:19)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 23:18)Piers Wrote: But isn't the OS-Independent option just a replacement for having all the posts spread out below the main OS sections? At least, that's how it appears. So the reasoning is to stop people just clicking 'New Thread' and actually look and think.

Absolutely correct

I am on rare occasions Undecided

Yes, but the flipside also happens, where there are various posts buried in an OS-specific forum that apply to all platforms. A lot of posts go unanswered because of that. However, like I said before, I have no problem seeing how this goes :)
I keep seeing this now -

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposal for small Forum Structure change0