• 236(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
All mesa related issues are solved in latest OpenELEC.

No settings need to be adjusted - besides those mentioned in the first post.

Edit: The audio stuff is another issue - I am also mentioned in your log, btw. This bug is tracked on bugs.freedesktop.org also and we cannot do anything about it from here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-03, 14:26)fritsch Wrote: No settings need to be adjusted - besides those mentioned in the first post.

Sorry for asking again, but I need some clarification here:

1) Do I have to create an advancedsettings.xml file as per your first post?

2) Does VDPAU offer some sort of hardware assisted scaling on Kabini? Asking here because I do not see any VDPAU related scaling options even on advanced mode and SD scaling to 1920x1080 (16:9 scaling) seems to smooth edge information on the image.

3) When enabling a change in the video settings during playback, say changing scaling from bilinear to bicubic, does the change take effect immediately? Or should I stop and start playing the video again for the change to take effect?
(2015-03-03, 15:20)carmik Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 14:26)fritsch Wrote: No settings need to be adjusted - besides those mentioned in the first post.

Sorry for asking again, but I need some clarification here:

1) Do I have to create an advancedsettings.xml file as per your first post?

2) Does VDPAU offer some sort of hardware assisted scaling on Kabini? Asking here because I do not see any VDPAU related scaling options even on advanced mode and SD scaling to 1920x1080 (16:9 scaling) seems to smooth edge information on the image.

3) When enabling a change in the video settings during playback, say changing scaling from bilinear to bicubic, does the change take effect immediately? Or should I stop and start playing the video again for the change to take effect?

1) No
2) We use shaders. See the kodi wiki for vdpauscaling options (most likely never tested on radeon and not available)
3) Change takes effect immediately. Make sure to not forget the "Use HQ Scalers when scaling above: 20%"
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks again mate! My development times are really past due, but if I can help in bug testing on my platform (openelec/amd kabini/spdif), please let me know. Least thing I could help with.

(2015-03-03, 15:46)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 15:20)carmik Wrote: 3) When enabling a change in the video settings during playback, say changing scaling from bilinear to bicubic, does the change take effect immediately? Or should I stop and start playing the video again for the change to take effect?
3) Change takes effect immediately. Make sure to not forget the "Use HQ Scalers when scaling above: 20%"

Intended to ask around for this setting. The default is to use hq scalers when scaling above 0%. Doesn't this mean that whenever there is scaling involved, high quality scalers are used?

Is your proposal to set this to 20% in order to use reduce cpu/gpu usage for small scaling cases and save some cpu cycles?

PS: are the qvdpauinfo/vdpauinfo commands included in openelec? Or some package to install?
a) Why 20%: It makes absolutely no sense to scale 1080 to 1080 with a lanczos 3 output filter.
b) No, it's not included and not installable.

You might have luck to just copy: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55728161/vdpauinfo to your OE box and see what you get - but it's already clear what you will get.
Thanks again mate! And THANK YOU for helping out with these projects (Kodi/OpenELEC)!
Now when I think about it: There should be a bug somewhere, which causes some AMD GPUs to not find their different clock levels, but I forgot it.

Here an easy test, if you play that: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/...0_h264.mkv and press "o" how many fps do you get?

If you get 50 ... all is fine. If you know what he is singing, you can add another 2fps in mind.
(2015-03-04, 09:38)fritsch Wrote: Here an easy test, if you play that: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/...0_h264.mkv and press "o" how many fps do you get?

If you get 50 ... all is fine.

I can barely get 50. If I enable the debugging info that shows codec, frames dropped etc stuttering begins. So I guess I am ok Smile

Quote: If you know what he is singing, you can add another 2fps in mind.

Nah, sticking at 50fps Wink
greetings,

the most recent nightlies is trying to remove kodi from my system again:
Code:
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kodi
The following packages will be upgraded:
  kodi-bin
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
the pain of nightlies - whenever build fails, you get a problem ... if you don't want that -> use stable else: wait.
(2015-03-06, 17:12)fritsch Wrote: the pain of nightlies - whenever build fails, you get a problem ... if you don't want that -> use stable else: wait.

of course... it was more of an FYI.
maybe you already knew...

i learned the hard way long ago about pressing "y", to continue. :Wink Tongue
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Anyone experiencing problems with xvid/divx (avi) playback?
Something like a few black random squares?
Orange Pi PC Plus [OpenELEC 7.0]
dvix/xvid accel is working by luck ;-) as during the xvid/dvix period there were a lot of different coders, formats differences and so on - I would just disable acceleration for those.
I installed Kodibuntu on my linux pc yeaterday. I have Radeon 730 amd hdmi graphics / sound card. I start kodi with AE_SINK= ALSA, and in audio output use ATI HDMI audio. I am able passthrough DTS audio. When I play m2ts file with DTS- HD audio, I do not get sound. But if I disable DTS- HD capable, and leave only DTS capable, the file plays fine downgrading DTS-HD to DTS.
What do I need to do to get DTS-HD sound. My Yamaha RX730 is DTS-HD capable.
Thanks.
Hi, i'm noob with linux and i have a problem with this guide.
I'm running a clean install of UBUNTU 14.04.2 x64 on a VAIO laptop. When i run "sudo apt-get install mesa-vdpau-drivers" i get this error:

Code:
No se pudieron instalar algunos paquetes. Esto puede significar que
usted pidió una situación imposible o, si está usando la distribución
inestable, que algunos paquetes necesarios no han sido creados o han
sido movidos fuera de Incoming.
La siguiente información puede ayudar a resolver la situación:

Los siguientes paquetes tienen dependencias incumplidas:
libcheese-gtk23 : Depende: libclutter-gtk-1.0-0 (>= 0.91.8) pero no va a instalarse
                   Depende: libcogl15 (>= 1.15.8) pero no va a instalarse
libcheese7 : Depende: libclutter-gst-2.0-0 (>= 0.10.0) pero no va a instalarse
              Depende: gstreamer1.0-clutter pero no va a instalarse
libclutter-1.0-0 : Depende: libcogl-pango15 (>= 1.15.8) pero no va a instalarse
                    Depende: libcogl15 (>= 1.15.8) pero no va a instalarse
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generó cortes, esto puede haber sido causado por paquetes retenidos.

My graphic card is a Radeon HD 5650 Mobile.
Vdpauinfo say this:
Code:
display: :0   screen: 0
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_r600.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error creating VDPAU device: 1

What's happening?
Sorry for my bad english.
  • 236(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26