• 14(current)
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip
I'm also interested in finding a solution for a remote. I bought the flirc product and programed my old apple tv2 remote to function, but I was unable to get the context menu or volume control as I had been with the apple tv2 running lodi. i see the remotes linked here have volume control, but what about accessing context menus?

I'm new to raspberry pi, so I don't know much about tinkering with it, but I am willing to figure things out.

Any help is appreciated.
(2015-02-22, 23:36)jschissel82 Wrote: I'm also interested in finding a solution for a remote. I bought the flirc product and programed my old apple tv2 remote to function, but I was unable to get the context menu or volume control as I had been with the apple tv2 running lodi. i see the remotes linked here have volume control, but what about accessing context menus?

I'm new to raspberry pi, so I don't know much about tinkering with it, but I am willing to figure things out.

Any help is appreciated.

I guess I don't understand the question or the issue. It should just be a matter of jumping into the FLIRC software and programming the right button using the "Keyboard Layout" instead of the "XBMC Layout". I just programmed my FLIRC+RaspPi 2+DirecTV remote with the context menu on the 'Active' button. It's all customizable, though. It really has nothing to do with the streaming box since Kodi is the same across the platforms.
there is no active button on the apple tv2 remote. only select, up, down, left, right, play/pause, and menu. with the apple tv2, the up and down also functioned as volume when it wasn't being used to select (while playing video for example), or the select button, when pressed and held without releasing, it provided context menu settings. i guess these buttons provided dual functions. i don't see how to program that on the flirc app. maybe there is a way and i just don't know?
i don't have another remote to use for this. my TV remote does not have a multifunction setting, so pressing buttons there will invoke my TV to either respond or tell me the button is not available. CEC does not provide these functions, either. So, I don't know what else to do except purchase a new remote. I just want to make sure it can do volume control and context menu's, because i find myself switching between CEC and my iPhone XBMC remote app and would prefer to have a real remote control that works without all the hassle. and volume control, that works with neither my TV remote through CEC or iPhone app.

edit: i dug a little deeper, and with the apple tv2 remote, it is considered a "long press" which seems to have not been implemented in flirc, so i am out of luck. and until i get a remote that works, i can't use my sound system either because volume control isn't being handled by kodi. getting up every few minutes to adjust the volume knob when scenes go from action to monologue gets old. i'm a disabled vet on a fixed income. buying all state of the art systems isn't feasible when the ones i have already work fine.
Menu is the obvious button to bring up a menu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi nickr, thanks but menu was the only option to go back or exit an add-on. I just want to find a remote that will work and allow me to access context menus (left click with computer mouse for example) and volume. I'm sure you know the context menu is necessary for adding items to favorites, etc.
Yes with menu doing back or ESC, you don't have anything left. Bummer. Long press would be good. If you want a cheap remote look for a sapphire. Pm me and when I get home I'll post a link.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks!
@jschissel82 if you want your apple TV remote to behave the very same as on the ATV2 you have to create a custom keymap (see wiki) and replicate the ATV2 keymap for keyboard input. Then all buttons on the remote will again behave like you're used to (so you can map up/down to perform volume up/down when in video fullscreen mode)
He'll still have the issue with long press on the Apple remote, I think. The ATV2 and Mac OS X will see long press as another button, but I think the flirc will just see it as a repeating button.
ah yes, haven't seen the long press issue
(2015-02-24, 08:06)nickr Wrote: Yes with menu doing back or ESC, you don't have anything left. Bummer. Long press would be good. If you want a cheap remote look for a sapphire. Pm me and when I get home I'll post a link.

Here we are http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-OEM-SAP...2a4abbb167
Thanks, nick, looks great. I'll try it.
(2015-02-12, 14:22)noggin Wrote: Dolby True HD can be decoded by the Pi 2 losslessly (if the sample rate is 96kHz or less, or 192kHz tracks have 4.0 or fewer channels) and output as PCM over HDMI. For DTS HD-MA/HRA you will either get the DTS core bitstreamed (or decoded to PCM), unless you can pre-process the content on a PC, decoding it losslessly to FLAC, PCM etc. on a Windows PC with the required .dll for decoding.

Sorry, newbie quote here Smile

My reason for buying a RPi2 and using Kodi was to play my mkvs with DTS-MA HD and TrueHD.

So TrueHD decoding is possible so we can get lossless audio from that, but DTS-MA HD cannot be decoded or passed through, so you can't get lossless DTS content on a RPi2?

If someone can confirm this I'll look elsewhere for the hardware to do this Smile

Many thanks!
(2015-03-03, 15:13)probedb Wrote: So TrueHD decoding is possible so we can get lossless audio from that, but DTS-MA HD cannot be decoded or passed through, so you can't get lossless DTS content on a RPi2?

Correct. In theory DTS-MA HD is a software problem. Once ffmpeg supports it, then you will get lossless DTS-MA HD on Pi 2 but there is no guarantee that will happen anytime soon.

Platforms that support lossless DTS-MA HD are pretty rare. Probably a Chromebox is the best option.
(2015-03-03, 16:14)popcornmix Wrote: Correct. In theory DTS-MA HD is a software problem. Once ffmpeg supports it, then you will get lossless DTS-MA HD on Pi 2 but there is no guarantee that will happen anytime soon.

Platforms that support lossless DTS-MA HD are pretty rare. Probably a Chromebox is the best option.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I might get one just to play. I currently use an Oppo BDP-93 for streaming but this doesn't support HD in MKV, well it'll stream the DTS core. Apparently the 103 will support both in MKV, I guess since the player has the licence for decoding for Blu-Ray anyway, they can support it for streaming as well.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip0