• 57(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
I can confirm that 0302B Works with Mediaportal PVR again Smile

Awesome!. Thanks for fixing it.

I might just have found a bug though. When watching tv and bringing up the small tv-guide via the OSD (icon looks like at little screen?) I am not able to switch to another channel in the guide. It just says failed. Check the log.Tv keeps going in the background and switches fine with the arrow keys.

Can anyone confirm this?

/Jacob
Can anyone confirm that Videos don't play over Netwotk in this build?
I have the right mpeg codec of course :-)

#228 have no problems.

(fresh 5.0.5 openElec and update with new build

sorry
(2015-03-03, 19:15)doldi Wrote: Can anyone confirm that Videos don't play over Netwotk in this build?
I have the right mpeg codec of course :-)

I updated last night and played some files through nfs without issue.

Perhaps a debug enabled log would be useful?
ok - i switched back from new to the old #228 on the same SD Card

My Video starts perfect from beginning in DTS 5.1 (6 chanal) - perfect.

Can fastforward, skip ect without Probs.

Here is somthing wrong, boys :-)

@popcorn - something is changes after 228 - all Vids are buffering!

What files your playing? DVDs? MKVx MP4 ?

Please, take some DVDs ( VideoTS) with an Raspi 2 over smb://
...and You will see ;-)

'love you :-)
(2015-03-03, 20:57)doldi Wrote: ok - i switched back from new to the old #228 on the same SD Card

My Video starts perfect from beginning in DTS 5.1 ( 6 channals) - perfect.

So, to confirm #228 is good, and #301 is bad?

Pi1 or Pi2?

The main changes were:
Chapter thumbnail extraction in Bookmarks OSD
Use neon-vfpv4 fpu on RPi2

Neither sound very likely to cause the issue. Anyone else seeing buffering problems?
(2015-03-03, 17:46)mylle Wrote: I might just have found a bug though. When watching tv and bringing up the small tv-guide via the OSD (icon looks like at little screen?) I am not able to switch to another channel in the guide. It just says failed. Check the log.Tv keeps going in the background and switches fine with the arrow keys.

Can anyone confirm this?

/Jacob

This will be fixed in the next build by PR6596 which has been added to newclock4 by @popcornmix (thanks).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hmm, @ popcornmix, my dear ;-)

i wrote:
Please, take some DVDs ( VideoTS) with an Raspi 2 over smb://
...and You will see ;-)

#228 is good on Pi2
after them all bad (for me) on Pi2

i didn't test Pi B+ and B, because this are on WLAN - works also perfect with '#228 ;-)

lol
@doldi, please upload to a pastebin site a full debug log (wiki) from #0302 when playing one of your videos that buffers. If we were experiencing the same problem we wouldn't be asking you for this information... I've tested a VIDEO_TS over smb:// (wired ethernet, Pi2, #0302) and there's no buffering.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK, I've been playing my VIDEO_TS over smb:// and yes, there does appear to be more buffering than there should be... will now confirm if the last good build is #0228.
an vey old german boy with his logfile...
have a look to:

http://xbmclogs.com/p6jxleqxf

Old love never dies.

please Milhouse and popcornmix - trust me ;-)
Hi Millhouse,

Since #301 (and now in #302 too) sound in movies and internet video streams is very quiet and needs to be amplified much more than in former builds. GUI sounds, internet radio streams and music are similar volume level though. Tried to change different sound options but with no effect. I'm on RPi1, HDMI sound, two speakers only (downmixed to stereo).
Yes, #0228 does seem to be the last build that doesn't buffer VIDEO_TS over smb:// (haven't tried anything other than VIDEO_TS over smb:// for now). With #0228, the buffer quickly fills to 99% and stays there, but after #0228 it slowly fills to 99% then slowly empties until zero, when "Buffering..." appears.

#0228 debug log: http://sprunge.us/Fgjc
#0302 debug log: http://sprunge.us/OUAL

Looking at the #0302 log, it seems to be continuously opening/closing fd 10006 for some reason... this doesn't happen in #0228.
Hmmm. Lots of these messages:
Code:
20:42:22 177.772507 T:1706452032   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened _Filme_/Musik/EAGLES-HELL.FREEZES.OVER/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO, fd=10009
20:42:22 177.787231 T:1706452032   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Close closing fd 10009
20:42:22 177.792282 T:1706452032   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened _Filme_/Musik/EAGLES-HELL.FREEZES.OVER/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO, fd=10009
20:42:22 177.807297 T:1706452032   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Close closing fd 10009
20:42:22 177.811539 T:1706452032   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened _Filme_/Musik/EAGLES-HELL.FREEZES.OVER/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO, fd=10009
20:42:22 177.830505 T:1706452032   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Close closing fd 10009

I'm suspecting the chapter/thumbnail patch is doing something nasty....
@Milhouse might be worth dropping it tonight (unless you can confirm it before then)
(2015-03-03, 21:47)doldi Wrote: have a look to:

http://xbmclogs.com/p6jxleqxf

Yes, looks like the same continuous open/close problem.
Thanks@all - i agree with you after 2 days of searching :-)

...please hav'e a look to Rp 1 build's - don't know at the moment if ther's also a little bug inside ...have no time to look on this device, sorry.

best regards
Harald
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112