• 1(current)
Trakt.tv v3
Trakt.tv Release 3.0.0

watch gallery

Information
Automatically scrobble all TV episodes and movies you are watching to Trakt.tv! Keep a comprehensive history of everything you've watched and be part of a global community of TV and movie enthusiasts. This Project integrates Trakt.tv and the power it has behind it into Kodi, adding to one of the already most powerful Entrainment centres around. Kodi already organizes and scrubs your media giving you an amazing interface to enjoy it all, but what this plugin and Trakt.tv bring is the ability to even further track your media consumption. Trakt gives you the power to track and interact with your media in new ways, be it through social media of the Trakt website itself or out onto facebook and twitter. This plugin offers Kodi users an automatic way to use all of the Trakt features, including scrobboling, collections, ratings, and watch status synchronization.

After 2 month of learning python, ~300 new commits, 6.964 lines of source code changed, various improvements and new features, script.trakt 3.0.0 is ready.
Grab it from the official Kodi repo, you may have to restart Kodi afterwards.

Features
Trakt.tv allows you to:
-- Automatically scrobble what you're watching
-- Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone
-- Share what you're watching (in real time) and rating to facebook and twitter
-- Follow your friends and people you're interesed in
-- Use watchlists so you don't forget to what to watch
-- Track your media collections and impress your friends
-- Create custom lists around any topics you choose
-- Easily track your TV show progress across all seasons and episodes
-- Track your progress against industry lists such as the IMDb Top 250
-- Discover new shows and movies based on your viewing habits
-- Widgets for your forum signature

What this Add-on does
-- Automatically scrobble all TV episodes and movies you are watching
-- Sync your TV episode and movie collections to Trakt (triggered after a library update or cleaning)
-- Auto clean your Trakt collection so that it matches up with XBMC
-- Keep watched statuses synced between XBMC and Trakt
-- Rate movies and episode after watching them
-- Watched Status and Resume Point Sync
-- Notification Support
-- Easy to Installation configure

Installation
-- In KODI, go to Settings » Add-ons » Search and search for Trakt (If it doesn't show up, try to "force refresh" the xbmc.org repository so it gets the latest listings)
-- Select the Trakt plugin and choose install
-- Restart Kodi
-- Then open Trakt again and select configure
-- Enter your username, password, and change any other settings as needed
-- Select OK to save your settings
-- Watch something and see it show up on Trakt.tv!

Release Notes
Code:
version 3.0.0
- new Trakt branded rating dialog (by Piers)
- ported to Trakt.tv api v2 (using trakt.py by fuzeman)
- added playback progress sync for movies
- renamed everything from xbmc to Kodi
- more languages supported
- send collected date from Kodi to Trakt
- send watched date from Kodi to Trakt
- send watched times and last watched date from Trakt to Kodi
- removed lists management and contextmenu (for now)
- default rating is now a neutral 6 "Okay"
- improved logging
- various improvements and bugfixes

Code:
version 3.0.1
  - moved to PIN login, you will need to reenter your credentials. It's more secure and users with social logins (e.g. g+ or fb) can now login too!
  - readded manual ratings for movies/shows/episodes (by tknorris)
  - implemented manual ratings for seasons (by tknorris)
  - readded manual marking as seen for movies/shows/seasons/episodes
  - readded the Trakt contextmenu
  - multipart episodes now show a rating dialog for each episode, when playback is finished
  - use kodi proxy to send requests to trakt
  - updated transifex translations

Code:
version 3.0.2
  - fancy PIN auth dialog (by tknorris) and design (by piers)
  - new design for context menu (by piers)
  - skinners be aware, we renamed the dialogs, so you will need to rename yours too
  - improved the dialogs so they are easier to skin
  - you no longer need to scrobble to get a rating dialog
  - created context menu addons for Kodi 15 (Isengard) - you need to install them on their own
  - added an 'add to watchlist' button
  - various fixes for manual rating and watched
  - fixed some notifications not causing errors
  - added id scrobbling via ids window property
  - updated language files from Transifex

Code:
version 3.0.3
  - bugfix for keyboard not showing up when trying to type in the pin dialog
  - properly handle any ids combination when scrobbling is off for ratings

Code:
version 3.0.4
  - added playback progress sync for episodes
  - fixed problem when external addon is providing video_ids but no year
  - fixed problem with multi-part episodes sometimes not being recognized
  - added fallback for dates outside of the unix timespan - they will now fall back to the current date/time

Code:
version 3.0.5
  - added scrobble start offset setting (default is 0)
  - changed up/down buttons in rating dialog to go to 10/1 instead of right/left
  - you can now exclude up to 12 paths
  - fixed multiple potential crashs

Code:
version 3.0.6
  - fix getting some user settings, like path excludes

Code:
version 3.0.7
  - fix for exclusions when using special characters

Code:
version 3.1.0
  - add ratings sync for movies, tvshows and episodes
  - store ratings in kodi when rating on trakt

FAQ
Q: I've installed from the official repo, but it doesn't work? / I'm seeing a lot of "server busy"-errors, is this normal?
A: Delete your old settings.xml located in the Kodi directory under userdata\addon_data\script.trakt, it will be recreated when you restart Kodi. Be sure to reconfigure add-on settings after doing this. If this doesn't help, head over to github and create an issue if one does not already exist. If you find that an issue already exists add your information there. Be sure to include a logfile. (See https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt#creating-logfiles)

Q: I want to help translating it to my language!
A: Translations are done via the Transifex project of Kodi. If you want to support translation efforts, read this (Translation_System (wiki)) and look for script-trakt under the XBMC Addons project in Transifex.

Q: I participated in the beta and haven't got an update yet?
A: You will need to uninstall the addon, don't worry your settings will be kept save. Just reinstall from the Kodi Repo after this, you may also need to restart after you've installed it.

Q I'm getting a ValueError: (22, 'Invalid argument') when I try to sync:
A: If it happens on the sync from Trakt to your Kodi please check your history for items not between 1970 and 2038. Remove them.
If it happens when syncing to Trakt you will have to look into your Kodi database and check if there are items watched (or collected) not between 1970 and 2038.

Contributors
The Trakt team for the awesome API and a wonderful website.
Fuzeman for the trakt.py library
The Kodi Team for an awesome media center
Piers - Dialgue box theme and style
rectifyer/nate1280 - Original pluggin code
Everyone who worked on tranlations
Razze - 3.0.0 Recode, ground up for API 2.0

Thanks to anyone who helped get this running again, so much help from everywhere. Also a big thanks to the Trakt team, as the new API is a blaze and responsible for most of the speed increases.

Find the project on github! (https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt)

If you want to donate something, check my signature. Also consider a donation to the Kodi Foundation and a VIP Account on Trakt!
hooray, awesome work razze!

thanks much
Great work! Thanks Smile
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
Thank you, will it be also in the gotham repro? I tried to install from zip but get dependencies not met. What else do I have to instal?
(2015-03-07, 00:38)moravec Wrote: Thank you, will it be also in the gotham repro? I tried to install from zip but get dependencies not met. What else do I have to instal?

It should be in the gotham repo correctly, you might have to "force refresh" it, as it has just been pushed.

If you really really have to do a manual install, be sure to install:
- script.module.requsts
- script.module.six
- script.module.trakt https://github.com/Razzeee/script.module.trakt
- script.module.arrow https://github.com/Razzeee/script.module.arrow
- script.module.dateutil https://github.com/Razzeee/script.module.dateutil
this may not be necessary but thats never stopped me before (jk, lol?)...

wrt manual install, six and requests modules should be available in kodi repository under add-on libraries but jic that doesnt work im providing link below for both:

six - http://addons.xbmc.org/show/script.module.six/

requests - http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.module.requests/

there was actually a post in the old thread where somebody had problems and reported these links worked for them, only reason im posting now
Hi there. Does 'playback progress sync' mean I can start watching on kodi and finish watching on plex or vice versa?
Yes, but i'm not really sure if it has been added to plex yet.
But as long as plex scrobble is on you should be able to start on plex, stop, do the sync on kodi and get a resume point in kodi at roughly the same time.
(2015-03-07, 02:30)Razze Wrote: Yes, but i'm not really sure if it has been added to plex yet.
But as long as plex scrobble is on you should be able to start on plex, stop, do the sync on kodi and get a resume point in kodi at roughly the same time.
this is another aspect of a great feature i hadnt given much thought, the ability to begin watching a movie on one kodi install (bedroom) and resume playback on a completely different kodi install (living room) after having stopped playback for whatever reason is awesome, it could even be used during travel if the situation ever arose which is even more awesome, being able to stop on a kodi install and resume on an install of some other media center (plex) is exceptional, kodi is the sh*t and i wouldnt use anything else but knowing i can if necessary (friends house, possibilities abound) is something i hadnt thought of

some of the situations i described are obviously going to be rare but this is just the beginning, obviously the other media player would have to support it as well but razze has given it a great start

note - first post and readme both indicate that this is only working for movies atm
Yesterday the addon stopped working, today i tried to install from the repository. but it simply does not work, i tried to delete the settings in the folder but still got the problem.

22:23:58 T:11984 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py"
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt;C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.trakt" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
22:23:58 T:11984 NOTICE: [trakt] Queuing for dispatch: {'action': 'managelists'}
22:23:58 T:11984 INFO: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): script successfully run
22:23:58 T:11984 INFO: Python script stopped
(2015-03-07, 03:29)Fidelfc Wrote: Yesterday the addon stopped working, today i tried to install from the repository. but it simply does not work, i tried to delete the settings in the folder but still got the problem.

22:23:58 T:11984 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py"
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt;C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt
22:23:58 T:11984 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.trakt" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
22:23:58 T:11984 NOTICE: [trakt] Queuing for dispatch: {'action': 'managelists'}
22:23:58 T:11984 INFO: CPythonInvoker(26, C:\Users\Fidel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\script.py): script successfully run
22:23:58 T:11984 INFO: Python script stopped

i dont recognize anything from that log excerpt but i didnt see an actual error either, something dealing with lists management i think, i will do what i can if you can provide a little more detail like what exactly isnt working, explain the scenario with any error messages, version numbers for everything will help as well, no promises but if you can post a full log on xbmclogs or pastebin ill take a look

with that said if you wait a bit longer razze will probably stop by and may recognize something
Here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/xht7h6tg

I install the add on, but it simply does not work, does not sync does not scrobble, not a single message.

Edit: Problem solved with a full manual install.

I don't know if the problem is with the repository, when i install manually the add on appear in the "services" folder, but when i try to get from the repository it does not appear in "services", but in "programs" add ons.
(2015-03-07, 03:57)Fidelfc Wrote: Here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/xht7h6tg

I install the add on, but it simply does not work, does not sync does not scrobble, not a single message.
looks like your missing dateutil, first issue addressed in the thread, post #5:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1948357

try that and check back, remember to check past posts [WINKING FACE]

also a good idea to restart kodi
(2015-03-07, 04:01)S7eele Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 03:57)Fidelfc Wrote: Here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/xht7h6tg

looks like your missing dateutil, first issue addressed in the thread, post #5:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1948357

try that and check back, remember to check past posts [WINKING FACE]

also a good idea to restart kodi

Sorry, i though that downloading from the repository it would already download everything.

thanks
Nice!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35