• 44(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-03-06, 09:06)yukky Wrote: bryanbrazil: Thank you for all your work on the skin!

I'm having a problem with remote thumbnails not loading. When I select "Info" for a movie, and then "Choose art", I can see the DialogSelect for poster and fanart properly, with the correct thumbnails showing. When I select an option (ie: fanart), I can see a FileBrowser.xml list: Current art, Remote art, Remote art, ... However, the thumbnails are blank. When I check the debug log, I can see that CURL isn't called during this time. If I select a Remote art, it will use CURL to download the art, and use it.

I'm using skin.mimic (4904cd2) and Kodi master (e5ed79d)

When I use Confluence, the thumbnails are downloaded via CURL as soon as I select fanart or poster.

Any ideas what could be triggering this?

Thanks again for all your work, and your responses to our questions Smile
Hmm, I've never experienced this on my system, and I just set some fanart earlier today. I'll have some time to check it out tomorrow.
Quote:You'll need to edit IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. Look for an image control that has background.png as the texture. Delete or comment out this control.

Removing the fanart overlay everywhere will negatively impact readability though.

perfect! worked like a charm!
my favorite skin now!

any one created more color.xml?
I'm always looking at other skins for ideas...Arctic Zephyr is another one this skin is mimicking. Smile

Just updated git with a rather large change to the home screen widgets. They have now been redone so they are part of the main menu. The home screen fanart overlay option is gone, but widgets can still be shown on up arrow or all the time. This became possible after changing how now playing music/video info is displayed.

Mouse/touch users will want to be sure to enable the option to keep home widgets visible all the time.

(2015-03-06, 09:17)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 09:06)yukky Wrote: bryanbrazil: Thank you for all your work on the skin!

I'm having a problem with remote thumbnails not loading. When I select "Info" for a movie, and then "Choose art", I can see the DialogSelect for poster and fanart properly, with the correct thumbnails showing. When I select an option (ie: fanart), I can see a FileBrowser.xml list: Current art, Remote art, Remote art, ... However, the thumbnails are blank. When I check the debug log, I can see that CURL isn't called during this time. If I select a Remote art, it will use CURL to download the art, and use it.

I'm using skin.mimic (4904cd2) and Kodi master (e5ed79d)

When I use Confluence, the thumbnails are downloaded via CURL as soon as I select fanart or poster.

Any ideas what could be triggering this?

Thanks again for all your work, and your responses to our questions Smile
Hmm, I've never experienced this on my system, and I just set some fanart earlier today. I'll have some time to check it out tomorrow.
Are you still having issues with choosing artwork? I haven't been able to duplicate this here...
Tried Mimic on an installation of Kodi 14.1 running under Ubuntu Linux 12.04. When I go to the Live TV | EPG screen I get a blank screen (background only) and Kodi completely freezes; I have to kill it from an ssh session to get control of my system back! This does not happen in any other skins I have tried. The backend is TVHeadEnd, if that makes any difference.
(2015-03-08, 00:02)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: Tried Mimic on an installation of Kodi 14.1 running under Ubuntu Linux 12.04. When I go to the Live TV | EPG screen I get a blank screen (background only) and Kodi completely freezes; I have to kill it from an ssh session to get control of my system back! This does not happen in any other skins I have tried. The backend is TVHeadEnd, if that makes any difference.

I'm not having any issues with Live TV EPG here, but I'm using NextPVR with Windows 8.1. Please upload your debug log to pastebin and link here.
(2015-03-08, 00:02)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: Tried Mimic on an installation of Kodi 14.1 running under Ubuntu Linux 12.04. When I go to the Live TV | EPG screen I get a blank screen (background only) and Kodi completely freezes; I have to kill it from an ssh session to get control of my system back! This does not happen in any other skins I have tried. The backend is TVHeadEnd, if that makes any difference.

On updating from 14.0 to 14.1 I started to get freezing of the system on the EPG screen myself on ubuntu 14.04. Updating tvheadend front end add-on to version 0.9.8 and also updating the backend to one of the later builds on git seems to have fixed the problem.
Hi,

I have to say great work on this skin, it is almost perfect for me.

I use the File shortcut to access my music [which is stored on a network share] as the Library does not allow me to work the way I want to. Using the File shortcut allows me to organise my music how I like it and keep this consistent across different devices [other than Kodi] that share my music.

I have been looking for a way to change the view option from "List" to anything else such as "InfoWall", "Wall" or "Icons" but cannot seem to find one.

I have searched the forums and cannot seem to find an answer to this so apologies if it has been covered before.

Post #314 suggest that you have finished making changes to the files menu but would it be possible to add an alternative view please or offer any advice how I could add this myself?

Many thanks and keep up the great work Big Grin
(2015-03-09, 00:45)Pembo75 Wrote: Hi,

I have to say great work on this skin, it is almost perfect for me.

I use the File shortcut to access my music [which is stored on a network share] as the Library does not allow me to work the way I want to. Using the File shortcut allows me to organise my music how I like it and keep this consistent across different devices [other than Kodi] that share my music.

I have been looking for a way to change the view option from "List" to anything else such as "InfoWall", "Wall" or "Icons" but cannot seem to find one.

I have searched the forums and cannot seem to find an answer to this so apologies if it has been covered before.

Post #314 suggest that you have finished making changes to the files menu but would it be possible to add an alternative view please or offer any advice how I could add this myself?

Many thanks and keep up the great work Big Grin
No plans to add any additional views for files. It's completely untested, but you can try adding Container.Content(files) to any of the other views (InfoWall, Icons, etc).

For example, add Container.Content(files) to the visibility condition on line 171 of View_500_Wall.xml as follows.

Code:
<visible>Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(files)</visible>
Many thanks - I will give this a try.
I just updated github with new skin settings that will allow you to enable/disable particular view modes. You may find this useful as you will no longer have to cycle through the view modes that you don't use.

If anyone updates their skin from github, please let me know if the view modes are enabled by default. I'm hoping they are, it would be inconvenient for the next update to disable all view modes and force users to go in and enable them.

^
This is a very good idea!
Hi,
the new version is indeed resetting the view. i only had the default list
i had to go and add every view.

another thing,
there is a new bug on the home screen when i am on top of an item such as "TV SHOW" i have a blank small preview pan

see picture:

PS.
is there a way to control velocity of the background.png overlay?
instead of just removing it entirely?

you are correct it does impact text visibility Sad
how can i revert back to official 1.1.0?

PS.
thank you for doing such a good job.
i recommended your skin to many of my co-workers they all love it Smile
(2015-03-09, 19:28)ronier83 Wrote: Hi,
the new version is indeed resetting the view. i only had the default list
i had to go and add every view.

another thing,
there is a new bug on the home screen when i am on top of an item such as "TV SHOW" i have a blank small preview pan

see picture:

PS.
is there a way to control velocity of the background.png overlay?
instead of just removing it entirely?

you are correct it does impact text visibility Sad

I was afraid they would be unchecked by default. Will look into making them checked by default, hope that is possible without reversing the logic.

Mouse support is limited. I'll take another look, but doubt there will be a solution for the widget background showing when using a mouse, regardless if there is widget content. Suggest using a keyboard or remote.

You would need to edit background.png to lower the opacity. If you haven't done so already, you can download the skin from github to get access to the media folder images.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9