• 51(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Jurialmunkey:

More of a comment than a request:

I like the way you implemented extendedinfo on dialoginfo screen. Not sure if you are interested in showing what movies are inu your database or not

Thanks
An omission I just noticed regarding music visualization: There are no settings to be had. You can choose between which visualization engine, and the presets, but you can't adjust settings. Time between presets, random times, hard cuts, etc..

I don't adjust those settings very often which is why I only noticed it now.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Jurialmunkey:

Not sure if this is working as intended. After I select a movie, cast, and I choose director, I don't get his Bio or any other information that appears when I select an actor. Instead of all the personal info, I get: Director, similars, and Studio.

I hope my description helps
In Skin Settings: Home, "Show weather" is greyed out and it appears there is no way to see the weather in this skin, in other words there is no "Weather" selection in the main menu. What am I missing? Running Kodi 14.1 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04.
Make a new widget through settings with ActivateWindow(Weather), that did it for me Smile
Settings -> Startscreen -> Customise home menu -> add -> custom action -> change label/select icon
Jurialmunkey:

I think there is an issue in skin settings. If you select a different color than default and try to change to a different skin, it goes back to Arctic to default settings, it does not go to the selected skin. After everything is default in the settings menu it will go to a different skin.
That isn't a skin issue... as far as I know all skins that use different colours/themes do that.
(2015-03-07, 09:19)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but in a music playlist, the currently playing song is not highlighted in any way.
Added a play indicator on git. Smile

(2015-03-07, 11:47)pseudoheld Wrote: just updated to the latest github version.
a few observations:
1. i preferred the simple circle loading animation. the "flower" loading icon seems kinda out of place with the rest of the minimal design. (maybe as an option? im sure some people like the flower...)
2. when viewing the seasons of a tv show would it be possible to disable the plot? its the same for every season anyhow (at least for me) so its kinda redundant. would like the big symbol view to only show the season name without the plot.
3. can we have numerical rating instead of "stars" rating for movies and tv shows? I much prefer seeing that a movie has 7,5 as rating instead of 3 full and one half full star Big Grin
4. somewhat offtopic: is there any way to refresh the ratings for a movie. i just noticed that i was scraping the ratings from tmdb although i normaly prefer imdb. i switched the ratings source in the addon however can i now somehow invoke an update of all the ratings or would that mean rescraping my whole library??
1. Definitely will be some options - I'm thinking that I will make it so users can just browse and select a different gif if they want (and I'll provide a few options in the extras folder).

2. I know what you are saying. I'm kinda hoping that one day we will get season specific plots. This is something I'll need to think about as I'm sure plenty of people like having the plot here for seasons and I'm a bit wary of adding too many extra options at this stage -- plus if I was going add an option here it would be to disable all the text completely rather than just the plot specifically.

3. All the list type views show numerical rating. My perspective on this is that you choose the viewtype on the basis of how much information you want to see -- the icon views are more visual where as list views are more textual. Once again, its one of those things where I'm wary of adding an too many options

4. There is an addon for that: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167754

(2015-03-07, 13:26)hacky4real Wrote: Could you change the text "internet video" on the video OSD to "Now streaming".. I think it's better that way Nod
I changed it to "Video Stream" so its a little less ambiguous than "now streaming".

(2015-03-07, 13:59)magy77 Wrote: where can i find this var: $VAR[PlayerTitle]
Includes_Labels.xml

(2015-03-07, 15:56)Woppie Wrote: Maybe you can add the group name just like the mini guide window where it's in the top left corner?
Appending it vertically on the left before the channel numbers or on the right after the program info might look good, or on the right bottom corner under the starting/ending time or just in the top left where it says sorting: on name. Instead of the label "Live TV" like now it would be better to display "Timeline: Active Channel Group". Just some ideas about it that might work out.

One small bug remains; the channel group only gets displayed when the pvr is on; else it won't. Maybe you know how to fix that for $INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelGroup]
Yeah VideoPlayer.ChannelGroup is just whatever group the currently playing channel belongs to. Not really what we want here. Basically you have to grab the label of channel group switcher with Control.GetLabel(28)
I've added it to the sublabel of the header (after "sorting: by name")

The Icon in the header is staying as LiveTV - the point of it is to show you what part of Kodi you are in - Movies Library, TvShow Library, PVR, Music, Programs, Pictures, Settings etc.
However, I do agree the text needs to be changed to indicate what part you are in (can be confusing if its timers/recordings/channels).
Changed on git.

(2015-03-07, 17:19)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, is it possible to show the shows or movie image in the EPG guide?
I didn't even know that was possible... definitely doesn't work with all backends. Are those actual screenshots from 1080xf or are they just mockups?

(2015-03-07, 18:25)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:
More of a comment than a request:
I like the way you implemented extendedinfo on dialoginfo screen. Not sure if you are interested in showing what movies are inu your database or not
Extended info always shows movies that are in your library first. In the github version of the skin it now shows a play icon over the big poster if you can play it from your library. You can then press up to highlight the play icon and click to play.

(2015-03-07, 18:36)thrak76 Wrote: An omission I just noticed regarding music visualization: There are no settings to be had. You can choose between which visualization engine, and the presets, but you can't adjust settings. Time between presets, random times, hard cuts, etc..

I don't adjust those settings very often which is why I only noticed it now.
Yeah I don't really have a spot for it on the osd. You can change the settings from Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Visualisations (not convenient I know...)

(2015-03-07, 20:33)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:

Not sure if this is working as intended. After I select a movie, cast, and I choose director, I don't get his Bio or any other information that appears when I select an actor. Instead of all the personal info, I get: Director, similars, and Studio.

I hope my description helps
Yeah this is intended. The problem with extendedinfo dialog is that it shows the movies that the director had acted in rather than directed. I did it that way because I find that when I click on a director I'm interested in seeing what other movies they directed (the similar/studio is just a bonus thing that is possible with extendedinfo).

I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate both elements -- I'm thinking maybe an additional button in the left menu of the videoinfo that goes to that screen (e.g. a Similar Movies button) and then have the director button in the cast still open the info dialog like other cast members.

(2015-03-08, 00:38)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: In Skin Settings: Home, "Show weather" is greyed out and it appears there is no way to see the weather in this skin, in other words there is no "Weather" selection in the main menu. What am I missing? Running Kodi 14.1 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04.
That option shows a weather widget in the top right corner. It is grayed out because you have selected to show the weather with the clock so it is unnecessary to show it twice.

For menu items you can configure the whole menu in Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu -- click choose shortcut > Common and weather is in there.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-03-08, 03:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 17:19)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, is it possible to show the shows or movie image in the EPG guide?
I didn't even know that was possible... definitely doesn't work with all backends. Are those actual screenshots from 1080xf or are they just mockups?

Those are actual screenshots.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186486

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pressing ok on video OSD selects stop by default. Is it possible to move the default selection to pause, to prevent stooping playback accidentally
@ Jurial

I have now the latest version of extendedinfo script installed (2.0.5)
Now I she In Cinemas, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated with artwork
But when I select a movie extendedinfo script displays an error and on screen continues to load the content
only with a hard reset of the system gets me out.Huh
Hey Jurial,

i wont to make this var empty by movies:

<value condition="VideoPlayer.Content(movies)"></value>

but when i do this there stays always "Video".

what should i do?

Thx in advance
I have a folder added for non-library videos I download, I have it added to library but excluded from scanning, in Eminence and other skins I can see the runtime of these videos in most views but can't in Zephyr except for Media Info with Extra Info checked.

Screenshot example: http://i.imgur.com/PGS6TkR.png and with Media + Extra info: http://i.imgur.com/VMF3OEz.png Though the latter works to show runtime it's quite redundant (these are just temporary videos I'm not putting into library, no posters/extra info etc) just wondering if list, media info (w/o extra info check) or extra info views could have runtime showing? I might be missing something here sorry if that's the case thanks for any help Smile
Love the work you've done on this Jurial, as I also loved Arctic last generation. To show my appreciation, I donated just now.

I did have 1 question though. Will clear logos be supported in this skin? I've looked through the thread but hadn't found the answer. Sorry if you've already answered this before.

Keep up the great work!
Sorry, I haven't figured this one out.

Unwatched movies, gray dot, watched movies green checkmark. What does the blue star represent?

Thanks
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37