• 52(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-03-08, 22:48)Edworld Wrote: Sorry, I haven't figured this one out.

Unwatched movies, gray dot, watched movies green checkmark. What does the blue star represent?

Thanks

recently added.
(2015-03-08, 15:15)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 03:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 17:19)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, is it possible to show the shows or movie image in the EPG guide?
I didn't even know that was possible... definitely doesn't work with all backends. Are those actual screenshots from 1080xf or are they just mockups?
Those are actual screenshots.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186486
Ah okay - it looks like its a bit hacky at the moment to support that. If the proper method gets accepted in 15 then maybe then.

(2015-03-08, 18:26)hacky4real Wrote: Pressing ok on video OSD selects stop by default. Is it possible to move the default selection to pause, to prevent stooping playback accidentally
Yeah I will fix this. Just being lazy because its easier to focus stop because its available for every video (e.g. Live TV) - whereas I need conditions to focus pause when its available..

(2015-03-08, 18:53)magy77 Wrote: i wont to make this var empty by movies:
<value condition="VideoPlayer.Content(movies)"></value>
but when i do this there stays always "Video".
Whats the full var?

(2015-03-08, 20:43)colbert Wrote: I have a folder added for non-library videos I download, I have it added to library but excluded from scanning, in Eminence and other skins I can see the runtime of these videos in most views but can't in Zephyr except for Media Info with Extra Info checked.

Screenshot example: http://i.imgur.com/PGS6TkR.png and with Media + Extra info: http://i.imgur.com/VMF3OEz.png Though the latter works to show runtime it's quite redundant (these are just temporary videos I'm not putting into library, no posters/extra info etc) just wondering if list, media info (w/o extra info check) or extra info views could have runtime showing? I might be missing something here sorry if that's the case thanks for any help Smile
Change the sorting to something other than by date. The label changes depending on sort method.

(2015-03-08, 21:05)Tripps Wrote: Love the work you've done on this Jurial, as I also loved Arctic last generation. To show my appreciation, I donated just now.

I did have 1 question though. Will clear logos be supported in this skin? I've looked through the thread but hadn't found the answer. Sorry if you've already answered this before.
Keep up the great work!

Thanks much appreciated Smile

Clear logos is a maybe -- because the flags in this version have a dynamic width it makes positioning the clearlogo difficult (I already tried to add it but it was too buggy plus it moving around position was very distracting). So its unlikely at the bottom of the screen like in mkii. But it is possible that they will make an appearance elsewhere in the skin.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Is "search" working?

I'm trying with movies and it doesn't work

thanks
(2015-03-09, 01:21)Edworld Wrote: Is "search" working?

I'm trying with movies and it doesn't work

thanks

Do you have global search addon installed?
Addons > Programs > Global Search.
Quick question.... I appear to be unable to turn off the widget on the system menu, It's showing 'movie spotlight' despite turning off all widgets. Other than that gorgeous skin Big Grin
Thank you Jurial for giving me directions on how to change where the channel logos are in the EPG. It looks great. To be honest, it looks better than the way it is now Smile

I positioned them to the left of the program descriptions.

Smile

Just donated to you for all the hard work with this beautiful skin!

*Quick question: I noticed you said that Rom Collection Browser and PseudoLiveTV wont be supported. Any reason why? PLTV is now on the official repository and seems to be less of a pain to work with now. Just curious Smile I think your skin would actually look really nice in PLTV if it could be skinned to match Zephyr.*
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
(2015-03-09, 02:09)spong_miester Wrote: Quick question.... I appear to be unable to turn off the widget on the system menu, It's showing 'movie spotlight' despite turning off all widgets. Other than that gorgeous skin Big Grin
Read FAQ first post.

(2015-03-09, 02:14)SheHateMe Wrote: Thank you Jurial for giving me directions on how to change where the channel logos are in the EPG. It looks great. To be honest, it looks better than the way it is now Smile

Just donated to you for all the hard work with this beautiful skin!

*Quick question: I noticed you said that Rom Collection Browser and PseudoLiveTV wont be supported. Any reason why? PLTV is now on the official repository and seems to be less of a pain to work with now. Just curious Smile I think your skin would actually look really nice in PLTV if it could be skinned to match Zephyr.*
No problem. Thanks for the donation Smile

Pretty much because I don't use either of them and they are a PITA to skin. I think Advanced Launcher is superior to RCB as it uses library viewtypes so its not this massive skinning project. Everytime I've tried pseudotv it is buggy - plus I don't really see any value to it. If I want to watch something at random I just create a few different smart playlists of various content, use sort by random and create a submenu item that plays the playlist. For instance, in my tvshows submenu I have an item called "Play Random" which launches a smart playlist of random comedy shows.

edit: also, i don't see pltv in official repoHuh
In the upper right the notification box I found an oddity; when there's an error like cannot connect to PVR backend (timeout) and the error is to long it won't fit the box. Maybe you can have the text scroll? maybe in adjunction with a timer till the text has scrolled entirely instead of a fixed amount in case the fixed amount is still not enough.
(2015-03-09, 02:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: edit: also, i don't see pltv in official repoHuh

Its called PsuedoLite for whatever reason.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
(2015-03-09, 03:53)SheHateMe Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 02:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: edit: also, i don't see pltv in official repoHuh
Its called PsuedoLite for whatever reason.

Don't see anything here (official repo mirror) -- http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/helix/
Smile 
Hey JM, Beautiful work on Zephyr! Really like the approach you've taken for Home Screen customization options too - very intuitive and flexible.

What I really liked in Eminence is the "Hubs" option. After poking around in Zephyr I found I was able to set a Custom Shortcut - Common - Movie/TV Show shortcut for the Home Menu item to launch in Hub mode. Unfortunately at this stage in your development, there isn't a way to edit and customize the Hub Menu in a similar way you've implemented for the Home Screen menu and also a Music Hub setting isn't available either. Presuming you intend to incorporate a full Hub Mode option, I'm hoping all of these are in your plans over the near term as well.

I can hardly wait to see this powerful skin continue to evolve...
(2015-03-09, 06:25)GoogleRocks! Wrote: Hey JM, Beautiful work on Zephyr! Really like the approach you've taken for Home Screen customization options too - very intuitive and flexible.

What I really liked in Eminence is the "Hubs" option. After poking around in Zephyr I found I was able to set a Custom Shortcut - Common - Movie/TV Show shortcut for the Home Menu item to launch in Hub mode. Unfortunately at this stage in your development, there isn't a way to edit and customize the Hub Menu in a similar way you've implemented for the Home Screen menu and also a Music Hub setting isn't available either. Presuming you intend to incorporate a full Hub Mode option, I'm hoping all of these are in your plans over the near term as well.

Thanks.

You can customise all hub menu items. For a hub, in the customisation dialog, where you would normally set the submenu will change to say "hub items" and you can click that and add whatever you want to your hearts content Tongue -- because it uses script.skinshortcuts you have infinite items. In fact, because of this there is greater customisation options than eminence.

You can also change the playlists used for the hub "spotlight" in Skin Settings > Widgets > Hub playlist.

Additional custom hubs will come soon.
(2015-03-09, 06:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 06:25)GoogleRocks! Wrote: Hey JM, Beautiful work on Zephyr! Really like the approach you've taken for Home Screen customization options too - very intuitive and flexible.

Thanks.

You can customise all hub menu items. For a hub, in the customisation dialog, where you would normally set the submenu will change to say "hub items" and you can click that and add whatever you want to your hearts content Tongue -- because it uses script.skinshortcuts you have infinite items. In fact, because of this there is greater customisation options than eminence.

You can also change the playlists used for the hub "spotlight" in Skin Settings > Widgets > Hub playlist.

Additional custom hubs will come soon.

I'm using current Git and script.skinshortcuts v0.4.5.

The submenu customization dialog is not changing to "Hub Items" and continues to list items from the Home Screen Submenu. Perhaps I'm missing something Huh

EDIT: My Bad... Just figured out that I was setting a Custom Action - ActivateWindow(3201 or 3202) to the "Movies" or "TV Shows" menu items. Instead, I've changed the "Custom Shortcut" to the
Hubs option and all is well now!

Thanks, it is infinite joy now! Wink
Thank you very much for this fantastic skin! It's impressive by any standards, but especially so given how quickly you've created it.

(2015-03-08, 03:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 11:47)pseudoheld Wrote: 3. can we have numerical rating instead of "stars" rating for movies and tv shows? I much prefer seeing that a movie has 7,5 as rating instead of 3 full and one half full star Big Grin
3. All the list type views show numerical rating. My perspective on this is that you choose the viewtype on the basis of how much information you want to see -- the icon views are more visual where as list views are more textual. Once again, its one of those things where I'm wary of adding an too many options
I would like to echo pseudoheld's request and hope you reconsider adding the ability to show numerical ratings instead of stars for all view types. I completely understand the desire to keep the amount of options limited, it's something I'd prefer as well, but I think this little bit of customization would be worth it. Honestly, it's the only aspect of the skin that bothers me during everyday use, which is why I'd like to see the option added, as the rest is essentially perfect.

With that said, I do have a couple other suggestions. They're not even requests, just some thoughts to share...

I think it would be helpful to display the "Recent Movies", "Ongoing Episodes", etc. label on the classic widgets at all times, not just when you press up to select them. Right now it's a bit odd to be shown a row of posters without any context of what they are unless you interact with it.

When you bring up the menu in a view ( where you can change the view, sort, show/hide watched, etc. ) there are small up and down arrows at the top and bottom purely as a visual indication you can scroll that menu. Those arrows do not exist on the submenus that appear when you press down on the home screen, but I think they should. It's very minor, and obviously people will figure it out, but that small visual indicator would help. Especially when the submenu has more items than can be shown and must be scrolled.

I love being able to lock down the skin with kiosk mode for guests and less tech-savvy people ( even though i dislike losing the ability to easily toggle show/hide watched as desired, but it's a small price to pay ), but I noticed the options for refresh, get thumb, and artwork downloader still appear on the info screen. I think those should be hidden as well. I see kiosk mode as a way to hide any potentially confusing menus or any options that can alter the UI or library data. I want to let people use Kodi to its full potential without worrying about them getting stuck in a weird menu or unknowingly changing the artwork.

Anyway, like I said, those are not complaints or requests ( other than the numerical rating ), but just me providing some unsolicited feedback. Thanks again for all the hard work!
1) vertical scrolling card view looks better than the horizontal scroll
2) light videos OSD has been disabled, is there anyway I can enable it.
Thanks
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37