• 81(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
I just came across something I haven't been able to find a solution for so far, and would appreciate some help. I am trying to play "AstroPilot - Live Set (Space Ambient For Winter Solstice PsyChill)" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9osZ7bSLaTo), and it is kicking up the message "YouTube - This video may be inappropriate for some users".

The log is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/pzdefliva

I note on the Youtube page for this video it gives me the Content Warning with a Do You Wish to Proceed? button, and I am assuming this is probably what is stopping the video playing.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that will allow this video to play? I have checked the Safety setting in Youtube and it is Off - is there anything else?

Thanks in advance
(2015-03-11, 13:03)bee07 Wrote: I just came across something I haven't been able to find a solution for so far, and would appreciate some help. I am trying to play "AstroPilot - Live Set (Space Ambient For Winter Solstice PsyChill)" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9osZ7bSLaTo), and it is kicking up the message "YouTube - This video may be inappropriate for some users".

The log is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/pzdefliva

I note on the Youtube page for this video it gives me the Content Warning with a Do You Wish to Proceed? button, and I am assuming this is probably what is stopping the video playing.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that will allow this video to play? I have checked the Safety setting in Youtube and it is Off - is there anything else?

Thanks in advance

You have to be logged-in...otherwise it won't work. YouTube needs your account for your age confirmation...the video is working for me.
(2015-03-11, 13:00)bromix Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 12:55)markusA Wrote: Fan art is already disabled. :/

Okay, last think...can you adjust the "entries per page" in the addon-settings to 5-10 and try after that again. But restart the XBMC/KODI...I noticed that this happens only once...and after that for the rest of the runtime of KODI never again - as if something isn't initialized the first time.

Ok, tried 10 items per page... No difference. Tried 5... No difference.
I set search history to 0, no difference.
I set the buffer to 2MB, no difference.

If I were a betting man I would say the trouble is located in the handshake between the YouTube addon and the main YouTube server. A way too long response time. It seems like the addon is sending requests to the server and it takes a very long time before it gets the response.
I don't know what could be causing this, network issues were never my strong suit.

On second thought, the initial screen where you can choose between subscriptions, searching and so on also takes a very long time to load. It doesn't seem like the addon should need to connect to the Internet at all to load that screen.
If so, the delay is internal, maybe something is wonky when the addon is talking to openELEC?
I think it was working ok previous to upgrading openELEC? I went from 5.01 to 5.05...
(2015-03-11, 13:39)markusA Wrote: ...
Ok, tried 10 items per page... No difference. Tried 5... No difference.
I set search history to 0, no difference.
I set the buffer to 2MB, no difference.

If I were a betting man I would say the trouble is located in the handshake between the YouTube addon and the main YouTube server. A way too long response time. It seems like the addon is sending requests to the server and it takes a very long time before it gets the response.
I don't know what could be causing this, network issues were never my strong suit.

On second thought, the initial screen where you can choose between subscriptions, searching and so on also takes a very long time to load. It doesn't seem like the addon should need to connect to the Internet at all to load that screen.
If so, the delay is internal, maybe something is wonky when the addon is talking to openELEC?
I think it was working ok previous to upgrading openELEC? I went from 5.01 to 5.05...

I don't think it's a problem with OpenELEC...the performance maybe, because on my developer machine I haven't any trouble....but on my HTPC I can slightly see the issue. Some good points..thanks for the testing...so, if you have the same problem in the root menu, there is one more thing we can test. The login will be checked in the root menu...what if we aren't logged in...is a search result also that slow. I try to narrow things down, so I have a clue where I can search and make some tests.
This is so weird?
I was going to follow your suggestion and try without signing in. First I unchecked sign in in the folders setting but realized it would only remove the sign in folder, so I checked it again and saved the settings.
When I ran the addon I discovered that it was back to normal speed, the way it was before everything started taking forever?
All the settings are back to the way they were before, nothing has been changed? It just started working properly for no reason what so ever?
(2015-03-11, 14:38)markusA Wrote: This is so weird?
I was going to follow your suggestion and try without signing in. First I unchecked sign in in the folders setting but realized it would only remove the sign in folder, so I checked it again and saved the settings.
When I ran the addon I discovered that it was back to normal speed, the way it was before everything started taking forever?
All the settings are back to the way they were before, nothing has been changed? It just started working properly for no reason what so ever?

Okay? But I will make some tests...just to be sure...this shouldn't happen Smile keep me posted on any change...maybe you recognize something.
And it's back to being slow again. Sad
The clips was still slow to load even if the next screen loaded quick.
(2015-03-11, 15:07)markusA Wrote: And it's back to being slow again. Sad

I found the problem....and it's little bit strange...I disabled (via code) the thumbnails and (via addon-settings) fanart...no slowing down at all - fast as hell. As soon as I use one of them (fanart or thumbnail) the system gets the hick ups. The CPU is even at full! I Disabled also DDS for images via advanced settings...no difference. My suspicion is the download of the thumbs and fanart...

I estimated the size for 50 entries in a worst case to be ~30MB ((~550kb fanart + ~50kb thumbs) * 50) :/

I try to optimize some things....
(2015-03-09, 05:35)superryo Wrote: Alibaba - do you know if there is an equivalent to show content of the playlist and not play it?

With v5.0.9 I included the following endpoint:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/<PLAYLIST_ID>/
(2015-03-11, 20:00)bromix Wrote:

I found the problem....and it's little bit strange...I disabled (via code) the thumbnails and (via addon-settings) fanart...no slowing down at all - fast as hell. As soon as I use one of them (fanart or thumbnail) the system gets the hick ups. The CPU is even at full! I Disabled also DDS for images via advanced settings...no difference. My suspicion is the download of the thumbs and fanart...

I estimated the size for 50 entries in a worst case to be ~30MB ((~550kb fanart + ~50kb thumbs) * 50) :/

I have the exact same issue, it takes about a minute for the thumbnails to be loaded and during this time the system i jerky as hell. It only happens the first time the script is started after a restart of Kodi, thereafter everything is smooth. Funny thing is that i have the exact same issue and symptoms when Youtube thumbnails are loaded with phils extended info script when executed the first time after a restart of Kodi.The issue with that script have been reported by a handful other people but no solution has been found. The root cause might be the same and it makes me wonder if this might not be scrips specific but related to something else?

I'm on windows.

/Macardi
Heart 
I have a different, but probably related issue that started last night.

I can view the thumbnails (album art too) but nothing will play. I had a fiddle with the list sizes and cache size, but nothing allows any playback.
Had a go with plugin.video.youtube-5.0.9-b2, but it's still the same.

Loving the recent changes to the addon though. It's very helpful, and a significant part of our daily lives. Thank you!
(2015-03-12, 10:41)macardi Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 20:00)bromix Wrote:

I have the exact same issue, it takes about a minute for the thumbnails to be loaded and during this time the system i jerky as hell. It only happens the first time the script is started after a restart of Kodi, thereafter everything is smooth. Funny thing is that i have the exact same issue and symptoms when Youtube thumbnails are loaded with phils extended info script when executed the first time after a restart of Kodi.The issue with that script have been reported by a handful other people but no solution has been found. The root cause might be the same and it makes me wonder if this might not be scrips specific but related to something else?

I'm on windows.

/Macardi

I thought it was normal behavior (sluggish loading of video thumbs in the YouTube add-on when you first start Kodi). I'm running Win7 too. It never bothers me cause everything runs smoothly after that initial hiccup. But I don't remember seeing the same behavior on my Android TV box. (both with 5.0.8) I'll try to verify this and report back.
(2015-03-12, 10:41)macardi Wrote: ...

I'm on windows.

/Macardi

I demand to much from KODI Rofl this seems not to be low-balanced to download and cache the thumbs and fanarts...because my CPU is with one core at 25% and this will cause blockage (hiccup). I could disable everything via the addon, but then we have no graphics Sad I can construct a workaround...but this shouldn't be the task of a addon.
(2015-03-12, 19:16)MrBozack Wrote: I have a different, but probably related issue that started last night.

I can view the thumbnails (album art too) but nothing will play. I had a fiddle with the list sizes and cache size, but nothing allows any playback.
Had a go with plugin.video.youtube-5.0.9-b2, but it's still the same.

Loving the recent changes to the addon though. It's very helpful, and a significant part of our daily lives. Thank you!

debug log (wiki) Wink
(2015-03-12, 20:32)gotiuser01 Wrote:
(2015-03-12, 10:41)macardi Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 20:00)bromix Wrote: I found the problem....and it's little bit strange...I disabled (via code) the thumbnails and (via addon-settings) fanart...no slowing down at all - fast as hell. As soon as I use one of them (fanart or thumbnail) the system gets the hick ups. The CPU is even at full! I Disabled also DDS for images via advanced settings...no difference. My suspicion is the download of the thumbs and fanart...

I'm on windows.

/Macardi

I thought it was normal behavior (sluggish loading of video thumbs in the YouTube add-on when you first start Kodi). I'm running Win7 too. It never bothers me cause everything runs smoothly after that initial hiccup. But I don't remember seeing the same behavior on my Android TV box. (both with 5.0.8) I'll try to verify this and report back.

I have the exact same problem. I don't think it is the Youtube addon itself causing the slow loading of lists with Youtube videos after a restart. I think maybe it's Kodi related somehow because it happens regardless if your loading the lists using the Youtube addon or not. It does the same thing with an addon i'm making whether I have it set to load 10 videos at a time or 50. After the Initial load of the list, changing the contents of the list dynamically or staticly have no lag at all. Also, as a heads up, It seems none of the Youtube videos will play anymore from this addon or any other when using any of the last few Isengard nightlies after 3-9-2015.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20