• 72(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-03-13, 19:07)Milhouse Wrote: Probably stuck upgrading TV27.db, but will need a debug log (wiki) to be sure.

There should be a fix for TV27/TV28 in tonight's build.
Hi,

do you think this will fix this crash as well:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/10593050/
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
My Pi 2 connects through my TV and then the TV (with optical) to my AMP..

The past few builds have killed multi-channel audio. I have a DTS amp and have had to back everything out. I'm currently only getting Audio if set to 2.1 - I've tried everything from config.txt hacks, passthrough on, DTS enabled/disabled, AC3 enabled/disabled, fixed sample rates.. I either get no sound, or just music (centre channel missing for dialogue)

Just about to try a previous version and check I've not got a hardware issue but I've seen this happen on Pi builds before in early Kodi releases on the Pi B..

Was just wondering if there have been any pushes that may cause this (seems more kernel than anything looking at the change logs) or if anyone else is experiencing this?
(2015-03-13, 23:01)rTiGd2 Wrote: My Pi 2 connects through my TV and then the TV (with optical) to my AMP..

The past few builds have killed multi-channel audio. I have a DTS amp and have had to back everything out. I'm currently only getting Audio if set to 2.1 - I've tried everything from config.txt hacks, passthrough on, DTS enabled/disabled, AC3 enabled/disabled, fixed sample rates.. I either get no sound, or just music (centre channel missing for dialogue)

Just about to try a previous version and check I've not got a hardware issue but I've seen this happen on Pi builds before in early Kodi releases on the Pi B..

Was just wondering if there have been any pushes that may cause this (seems more kernel than anything looking at the change logs) or if anyone else is experiencing this?

Ok, seems it wasn't the build - For some reason OMXPlayer was no longer enabled (on MMAL) all is right with the Pi 2 again.
Just tried #313 on my RPi2 and I have some "strange" things:

- pulse-eight takes longer to connect, the bottom right pop-up is empty and goes away after I press a button on the remote (LG)
- the submenu's under Videos and System don't appear. I have to "fiddle" (arrow down on remote jumps to the shutdown button, arrow up to go to the Videos submenu) with the menu to make those menu options appear. Same issue with the System submenu.

Did a manual update followed by a fsck on a otherwise stable 16GB SanDisk microSD.

Anyone else seeing this?
(2015-03-13, 22:43)bkuhls Wrote: do you think this will fix this crash as well:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/10593050/

Possibly not, looks PVRChannelGroup related (PR6684, PR6835), . Are you seeing this crash on a Pi/Pi2, with one of these test builds? If not, please start a separate thread with full details about your particular build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-14, 00:38)charlieroot Wrote: Just tried #313 on my RPi2 and I have some "strange" things:

- pulse-eight takes longer to connect, the bottom right pop-up is empty and goes away after I press a button on the remote (LG)
- the submenu's under Videos and System don't appear. I have to "fiddle" (arrow down on remote jumps to the shutdown button, arrow up to go to the Videos submenu) with the menu to make those menu options appear. Same issue with the System submenu.

Did a manual update followed by a fsck on a otherwise stable 16GB SanDisk microSD.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, although they appear eventually, just not initially. I'm about to post the release notes with changelog, hopefully there'll be something which stands out as a likely suspect.

Edit: Nope, nothing obvious...

Edit2: And it's not consistent, can't reproduce now that I've restarted kodi, but did see it once. Odd...

Edit3: Possible trigger: Start kodi, don't navigate menu, wait for dim screensaver to start, deactivate screeensaver, navigate to Videos or System -> no sub-menu.. Just wait 30-40 seconds after starting kodi, then navigate to Video - instead of the menu option "sliding" from Movies to Video, it jumps.

Edit4: Also, when Kodi first starts, the Movies "Recently Added" widget doesn't appear until you navigate off the Movies item (or wait up to 60 seconds for the widgets to automatically appear). Looks like some sort of event processing breakage in Confluence, or the GUI.

Edit5: Possibly one or both of the new newclock4 commits... testing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0313: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.1 #1 Fri Mar 13 21:02:35 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 10 2015 15:33:55
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 015c58030bfa095c209a59c0c19e02d6705a2c24 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150313210145-#0313-ga2cdb97 [Build #0313]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001520.250: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (a2cdb977, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f796d1d2, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. PR:6703: [subtitles] refactor - fetch based on media basepath (needs testing)
  2. PR:6706: [pvr] fix PVR client to addon migration in PVRDatabase (should fix TV27/TV28 upgrade issue)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • busybox: enable all features for 'find' applet (PR:4000, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • PHIREE U2 is upstream so no need for patching (PR:4001, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Dove cleanup (PR:4004, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: enable all buttons on TiVo Slide Pro remote (PR:3997, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [fix] Show Artists view in Music Videos (PR:6700, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add more native artifacts to .gitignore (PR:6701, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Fix][Settings] Fix the definition of the subtitles.tv and subtitles.movie service settings. (PR:6696, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [playlist] Add TV show tags to episode smart playlists. (PR:6581, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Support for load replay gain info from CUE (PR:6457, 3 commits, 17 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: drop ffmpeg threading work around, fix root cause (PR:6654, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
    • [vtp] remove internal vtp (vdr-streamdev) support (PR:6698, 1 commit, 24 files changed)
    • [confluence] Consistent usage of same string resource for "EPG". (PR:6705, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • renderer: grab corect lock when calling IsGui/VideoLayer (f32f882f)
      • only update frametime if we have rendered a frame (453709b2)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
(2015-03-14, 03:27)Milhouse Wrote:
  • New commits in this build:
    • only update frametime if we have rendered a frame (453709b2)

This commit seems to account for the odd #0313 menu behaviour reported by @charlieroot in post #1071. With the above commit blacklisted (not included) the menu behaves correctly (submenus and widgets appear normally).

If you add the above commit to an Ubuntu build it's possible to reproduce the exact same odd menu behaviour - use default guisettings.xml (rm guisettings.xml, then start kodi.bin) then disable the RSS ticker to avoid GUI updates which mask the issue.

Restart kodi.bin after disabling the RSS ticker to see the problem: the Movies recently added widget will not appear on startup; wait for it to appear (up to 60 seconds - the widgets automatically appear at 00 seconds past the next minute when a widget JobWorker thread is finally started), then when navigating between Videos and Movies, the menu will no longer "slide" into view, instead it will appear to "jump" or "snap" into view, and there will also be no Video sub-menu.

Edit: The Debug OSD will also mask this problem. <loglevel>1</loglevel> in as.xml will allow the problem to be "seen" while still capturing debug information.

Edit2: Thinking about it, it's probably the clock updating (on the minute) that causes a GUI update and thus for the widget to finally appear.
@ Millhouse, build #313 would always go into an endless loop just on startup of the main Kodi GUI screen when importing the EPG, if TV was previously enabled. (TvHeadend client)
To get my RPI2 to actually boot properly I had to disable TV by....

Code:
sed -i 's/<enabled>true/<enabled>false/g' .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

This then allowed normal bootup, and I could re-enabled TV in the GUI without any further issues. The EPG no longer crashes Kodi either.

The other point to make is WOW WEE! - Kodi GUI speed is now really fast, especially if you use a BT remote and Overclock a RPI2.
How many NEON optimisations have been included ?

Fastest GUI on an RPi I have ever seen !
Impressive Smile

Just some feedback on RPI2... no ArgusTv PVR Live TV on any builds post #0309 black screen then reboot. Consistent every time selected.

Last crashlog
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31t8upajt9zw1...5Pfja?dl=0
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
Anyone with the TV27.db upgrade problem, is this now working with build #0313?
(2015-03-14, 10:24)evanspae Wrote: Just some feedback on RPI2... no ArgusTv PVR Live TV on any builds post #0309 black screen then reboot. Consistent every time selected.

Last crashlog
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31t8upajt9zw1...5Pfja?dl=0

Yes, still waiting for a fix for that from the addon developer.
(2015-03-14, 14:00)Milhouse Wrote: Anyone with the TV27.db upgrade problem, is this now working with build #0313?
I actually deleted all files with TV26.db, TV27.db, and the EPG.db and still had no luck getting the Kodi GUI stable without an endless bootloop. Success with the method previously outlined. TvHeadend was the client.

(2015-03-14, 15:34)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 14:00)Milhouse Wrote: Anyone with the TV27.db upgrade problem, is this now working with build #0313?
I actually deleted all files with TV26.db, TV27.db, and the EPG.db and still had no luck getting the Kodi GUI stable without an endless bootloop. Success with the method previously outlined. TvHeadend was the client.

I'm guessing this is unrelated to the TV27 db migration, though not sure what the cause is. Did it only start with #0313?
FYI: Just tested #0313 on my RPi 1 and I found that I cannot load any of the included PVR addons due to a missing libkodiplatform.so.15.0 file.

See the relevant log file snippet:
Code:
13:36:24 191.937332 T:1664083008  NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
13:36:30 197.908798 T:1664083008   ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver.so, reason: libkodiplatform.so.15.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
13:36:30 197.914368 T:1664083008 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, status = 6
13:36:30 197.914612 T:1664083008 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, disabling it
13:36:30 197.918213 T:1949197376  NOTICE: Thread AddonStatus pvr.mediaportal.tvserver start, auto delete: true
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112