• 85(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-03-11, 20:10)joshua99 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 12:44)AuXBoX Wrote: joshua99
I've emailed you

Thank you very much, will try to sort it later & let you know the result.
josh.

Just to make sure I get it right this time, these are the files on my sd card;
1. dd
2. fact. update param aml.
3. fact. update param ubt
4. sd bak ( out of uboot MX windows command)
5. spi MX bin
6. uboot MX. bin
7. uboot MX
8. uImage recovery.
9. update stvmx zip file.

Hopefully this is correct ? ? & if it goes to recovery do I flash the zip file first ? Huh Huh Huh
(2015-03-11, 21:21)joshua99 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 20:10)joshua99 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 12:44)AuXBoX Wrote: joshua99
I've emailed you

Thank you very much, will try to sort it later & let you know the result.
josh.

1. dd
5. spi MX bin
6. uboot MX. bin
7. uboot MX
8. uImage recovery.

Hopefully this is correct ? ? & if it goes to recovery do I flash the zip file first ? Huh Huh Huh

1.Copy all files into SD card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
uboot_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip
uboot_MX.cmd
dd.exe

2.Run uboot_MX.cmd file on PC, it will pop up a window to remind you to continue, just press any button until it automatically exit.
3.Insert SD card into the box;
4.Press and hold the upgrade button, Short pins, plug in power adapter;
5.Hold the button for about 10 seconds, loosen upgrade button and wait about 1-2 minutes(screen has no display at this time),and then normally you will see robot screen;
6.It is updating the firmware, then wait about 2 mins.
7.After finished, the box will restart automatically.
As soon as you see anything on screen release the shorting of the pins

NOTES:

1.Don't use USB disk,only can use SD/TF card.
2.Don't unplug the power in all process until the upgrade is complete.
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2015-03-12, 00:21)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 21:21)joshua99 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 20:10)joshua99 Wrote: Thank you very much, will try to sort it later & let you know the result.
josh.

1. dd
5. spi MX bin
6. uboot MX. bin
7. uboot MX
8. uImage recovery.

1.Copy all files into SD card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
uboot_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip
uboot_MX.cmd
dd.exe

2.Run uboot_MX.cmd file on PC, it will pop up a window to remind you to continue, just press any button until it automatically exit.
3.Insert SD card into the box;
4.Press and hold the upgrade button, Short pins, plug in power adapter;
5.Hold the button for about 10 seconds, loosen upgrade button and wait about 1-2 minutes(screen has no display at this time),and then normally you will see robot screen;
6.It is updating the firmware, then wait about 2 mins.
7.After finished, the box will restart automatically.
As soon as you see anything on screen release the shorting of the pins

NOTES:

1.Don't use USB disk,only can use SD/TF card.
2.Don't unplug the power in all process until the upgrade is complete.

Great, but I'm a bit concerned about the extra file "SD BAK" which is not in your list but no.4 in mine Huh
thanks. Josh.
Just put them all on there, won't hurt
(2015-03-11, 17:47)p_turner_uk Wrote: Hi AuXBoX

The post where you mentioned the AmLogic AML8726-MX was the most stable device you have used for Linux-MX was of particular interest to me. The only issue I have with the ATV1200 now is that as you know it likes to freeze from time to time. I seem to have less problems with it freezing as long as the RSS feed is turned on (which I assume in this instance acts like a screensaver in some ways keeping the screen active).

Now I would buy a AML8726-MX but I believe it doesn't have a coaxial out (only S/PDIF optical).

I like to connect to my surround system via coaxial, and I wondered in your opinion what box out there is the most stable solution for Linux/Kodi with the coaxial option, I'm guessing at the moment it is the ATV1200? I would really value hearing what you might think on the matter.

Cheers

Pete

The ATV520(e) does not have coaxial nor S/DIF. Also, the ATV520(e) and ATV1200 have the same chips (AML8726-MX). See if your TV has a Coax out, you can connect the HDMI to the TV and then tv coxial to the receiver. They do sell SPDIF Coaxial converters.
@ AuXBoX, Tried about 6 or 7 times this afternoon different sd cards etc but no change at all followed what you sent to the letter but nothing at all changes, not a glimmer, the red light comes on & that's it, no flashing on the tv, no smoke pouring from the box, just a funny sort of whimpering sound coming from me as I continue to pull what hair I have left out.Huh??
cheers. Josh. Huh Huh Huh
(2015-03-11, 17:47)p_turner_uk Wrote: Hi AuXBoX

The post where you mentioned the AmLogic AML8726-MX was the most stable device you have used for Linux-MX was of particular interest to me. The only issue I have with the ATV1200 now is that as you know it likes to freeze from time to time. I seem to have less problems with it freezing as long as the RSS feed is turned on (which I assume in this instance acts like a screensaver in some ways keeping the screen active).

Now I would buy a AML8726-MX but I believe it doesn't have a coaxial out (only S/PDIF optical).

I like to connect to my surround system via coaxial, and I wondered in your opinion what box out there is the most stable solution for Linux/Kodi with the coaxial option, I'm guessing at the moment it is the ATV1200? I would really value hearing what you might think on the matter.

Cheers

Pete

Does your amp not have s/pdif?
If you need coaxial you will need to stay wih 1200
(2015-03-05, 11:29)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 08:24)raymw Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 00:53)AuXBoX Wrote: It's the exact same as on ATV1200 but theres no problems AT ALL and a bit faster maybe.
I always end up going back to these boxes. Even the flashing process is easier and no problems with bricking them.

Duh I had not put together the fact that the ATV1200 uses the same AML cpu. Sorry about that. My bad.

So the main benefit seems to be pricing as far as I am concerned. So I am getting a quote from my friendly Chinese supplier to see how they compare in price to the MyGica ATV1200 boxes.

I find no problems with the ATV1200 box and especially with the latest Linux Helix 14.0 compile (sure I do use an active screensaver to avoid the occasional freezes) and personally have never bricked a 1200 box but have had to unbrick one that a friend did accidentally brick when attempting to flash to Linux for the first time.

As there appears to be no extremal antenna is the WiFi reception good or is it poor like on the original ATV510 / A11 boxes?

Would you mind posting a Linux Helix 14 compile for these boxes Auxbox ?? I would be very interested to try it out when I get one of these CMX boxes for testing..
The Wifi is good, i've never had any problems.
i'll post a link to the G18REF/MX2REF build soon. Let me know when or if you get one

Hi Auxbox. Well I have one now on its way from China via EMS so should be with me very shortly. So I would be very grateful for that link to the Linux compile I will need. As you say it will need this different compile to the ATV1200 boxes. Look forward to testing this CMX dual core box out thoroughly as certainly is a good price and especially if it works as good as you say too, which coming from you my friend I am sure it will :-) Thanks for your help as always.
Cheers
Raymw
AuXBoX, could you build please a Kodi linux built for geniatech atv120 stick or it's too complicated?

The official Geniatech xbmc 12.3 linux is here: http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androi...140102.zip
Hello once more, I would like to thank AuXBoX & Raymw first of all for the help they have given me, although unsuccessful your time is much appreciated. I would assume now that this poor little box is now deceased & has to be returned to silicon valley from whence it came Amen. As stated earlier I've tried several times with the link from AuXBoX & nothing at all happens & today I tried a few times with the link from Raymw & again nothing happens. The only thing I noticed was with the Raymw file when unzipped it only shows " 1 update M6" file & in the read me text there are 2 showing so I assume it was just a typo. I would be very grateful if you could confirm that there is nothing else I can do to restore the box to its former glory before I say a little prayer for it.Sad Sad Sad
again tanks a lot. Josh.
(2015-03-15, 23:48)joshua99 Wrote: Hello once more, I would like to thank AuXBoX & Raymw first of all for the help they have given me, although unsuccessful your time is much appreciated. I would assume now that this poor little box is now deceased & has to be returned to silicon valley from whence it came Amen. As stated earlier I've tried several times with the link from AuXBoX & nothing at all happens & today I tried a few times with the link from Raymw & again nothing happens. The only thing I noticed was with the Raymw file when unzipped it only shows " 1 update M6" file & in the read me text there are 2 showing so I assume it was just a typo. I would be very grateful if you could confirm that there is nothing else I can do to restore the box to its former glory before I say a little prayer for it.Sad Sad Sad
again tanks a lot. Josh.

More like Shenzhen Valley.

Which pins did you short?
(2015-03-16, 05:51)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-03-15, 23:48)joshua99 Wrote: Hello once more, I would like to thank AuXBoX & Raymw first of all for the help they have given me, although unsuccessful your time is much appreciated. I would assume now that this poor little box is now deceased & has to be returned to silicon valley from whence it came Amen. As stated earlier I've tried several times with the link from AuXBoX & nothing at all happens & today I tried a few times with the link from Raymw & again nothing happens. The only thing I noticed was with the Raymw file when unzipped it only shows " 1 update M6" file & in the read me text there are 2 showing so I assume it was just a typo. I would be very grateful if you could confirm that there is nothing else I can do to restore the box to its former glory before I say a little prayer for it.Sad Sad Sad
again tanks a lot. Josh.

More like Shenzhen Valley.

Which pins did you short?

@ xbmcdoc, AuXBoX showed me on a photo I sent him, it was the 2 centre pins on the outer side of the box.
Cheers. Josh.
(2015-03-16, 16:13)joshua99 Wrote: Which pins did you short?

@ xbmcdoc, AuXBoX showed me on a photo I sent him, it was the 2 centre pins on the outer side of the box.
Cheers. Josh.
Would you mind posting the photo, in case it helps someone else?
(2015-03-16, 18:31)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 16:13)joshua99 Wrote: Which pins did you short?

Cheers. Josh.
Would you mind posting the photo, in case it helps someone else?

Hi, I would not mind at all if I could but I can't find anyway to upload photos.
@joshua99 try andriszz's instructions from freaktab forums post #171 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9...post236270

here is the post in case im not supposed to link other forums

Quote:I had a normally working firmware in my Mygica ATV1200 box - Android 4.1 Geniatech Firmware 20130805. Then i wanted to test other firmwares and downgrade my box to this version (http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv...nstruction.asp). I installed this SPI (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/an...0120917SPI.zip), box rebooted and thats it... i only had a red light and no chance to get into recovery.

I tried rescue my box with those firmwares:
http://www.mygica.es/downloads/Manua...1_20130805.rar
http://www.mygica.ca/forum/download/file.php?id=71
Nothing worked (i think its because my box SPI was broken and there was no way how to get into recovery)

I downloaded this file (http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr3wta) and created a boot card (steps 1-4 feom instruction). In Windows 8.1 i opened SDcardMaker.exe as administrator otherwise i cant see my sd card

Downloaded the files from below link and done everything from readme (http://www.sendspace.com/file/qdkl2y). Tried to boot my box with this card in and holding the recovery button - no results. Then tried to boot with recovery button and pin bridging (http://i.imgur.com/3WEhxnZ.jpg?1) - boot started but after upgrade the same red light.

To sucessfully recover my box i changed this:

Downloaded this spi from Finless Bob (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BF...1ab3NhUkE/edit) and copied it to my rescue sd card.

In rescue SD card opened file factory_update_param.aml (with notepad) and changed this command (--update_package=/sdcard/update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip) to this command (--update_package=/sdcard/atv1200_spi_assertion_removed.zip)

With SD card in the box bridged those 2 pins (http://i.imgur.com/3WEhxnZ.jpg?1), holded the upgrade button and plugged in power adapter. Waited till SPI update ended and after that my box rebooted automatically - sucessfully rebooted into Android that i previously installed on my box (Geniatech Firmware 20130805).

I dont know if this method will work with other ATV1200 boxes which are bricked other way. If somebody want to try this method - try at your own risk Im only sharing my unbrick experience

these instructions worked for me when a I bricked my atv520e a while back
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5