• 46(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Geez, talk about developer response! Thank you!!! I don't see it yet though. Is there a way to force an update or what do I need to do to see this option? Sorry, I'm not a coding level computer guy. Your patience with the dullard class is appreciated Wink
(2015-03-12, 07:09)CaptainStereo Wrote: Geez, talk about developer response! Thank you!!! I don't see it yet though. Is there a way to force an update or what do I need to do to see this option? Sorry, I'm not a coding level computer guy. Your patience with the dullard class is appreciated Wink

Until I submit the next version to the repo, it is only available at the github link in the first post.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimic

Click the "Download ZIP" link in the right sidebar and extract it into your skin.mimic folder. For Windows the skin folder is located at:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.mimic
Hi,

Is there a way to add music views for music addons like Rdio ?
Link to rdio: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=133714

Thanks
(2015-03-12, 20:42)desperado77 Wrote: Hi,

Is there a way to add music views for music addons like Rdio ?
Link to rdio: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=133714

Thanks
Which views are available now, List and Icon? I'm away from a computer and can't check. Didn't plan to add any other views, what views do you have in mind?
Yes, only List and Icon, if you can add the 'Song View' for songs like in Music Library mode it will be very nice.

Thanks
(2015-03-13, 00:22)desperado77 Wrote: Yes, only List and Icon, if you can add the 'Song View' for songs like in Music Library mode it will be very nice.

Thanks

I haven't used rdio, but I tested the Radio and ShoutCast2 addon that I use. They only have the List view available. I thought about trying to add other views but don't really have time to spend on that right now. It's not a priority for me, I'm ok with just List view as there isn't much information provided by the addons I use anyway.
(2015-03-12, 07:16)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-12, 07:09)CaptainStereo Wrote: Geez, talk about developer response! Thank you!!! I don't see it yet though. Is there a way to force an update or what do I need to do to see this option? Sorry, I'm not a coding level computer guy. Your patience with the dullard class is appreciated Wink

Until I submit the next version to the repo, it is only available at the github link in the first post.

Click the "Download ZIP" link in the right sidebar and extract it into your skin.mimic folder. For Windows the skin folder is located at:

Forgive my pedestrian knowledge level (comparatively), but how would I do this with an OpenELEC machine? I also, strictly for experimenting fun, run it on my MacBook Pro. Thanks again.
(2015-03-13, 03:23)CaptainStereo Wrote:
(2015-03-12, 07:16)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Forgive my pedestrian knowledge level (comparatively), but how would I do this with an OpenELEC machine? I also, strictly for experimenting fun, run it on my MacBook Pro. Thanks again.

The wiki shows where the userdata folder is for other operating systems...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Is there a way to remove the fanart background from the visualization when listening to music? I prefer just the visualization without the artist peeking out from behind. I've gone through all of the settings, but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks! LOVE the skin!
(2015-03-14, 14:18)swanton24 Wrote: Is there a way to remove the fanart background from the visualization when listening to music? I prefer just the visualization without the artist peeking out from behind. I've gone through all of the settings, but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks! LOVE the skin!

From the music visualization window, press enter or "M" to get the media menu. Then select the gear icon on the far right as shown in the screenshot below. There is an option in there to hide the fanart in fullscreen visualization.

(2015-03-14, 18:12)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 14:18)swanton24 Wrote: Is there a way to remove the fanart background from the visualization when listening to music? I prefer just the visualization without the artist peeking out from behind. I've gone through all of the settings, but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks! LOVE the skin!

From the music visualization window, press enter or "M" to get the media menu. Then select the gear icon on the far right as shown in the screenshot below. There is an option in there to hide the fanart in fullscreen visualization.

Thank you!!!
I haven't used musicvideos in quite a while. I just setup a source folder to test and found that a lot of the views had issues. I fixed the problems with missing labels, etc. I also added a few new views for musicvideos.

There should be a mix of poster, square thumb, and landscape views available now. Please let me know if you find any issues.
(2015-03-07, 21:09)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 09:17)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 09:06)yukky Wrote: bryanbrazil: Thank you for all your work on the skin!

I'm having a problem with remote thumbnails not loading. When I select "Info" for a movie, and then "Choose art", I can see the DialogSelect for poster and fanart properly, with the correct thumbnails showing. When I select an option (ie: fanart), I can see a FileBrowser.xml list: Current art, Remote art, Remote art, ... However, the thumbnails are blank. When I check the debug log, I can see that CURL isn't called during this time. If I select a Remote art, it will use CURL to download the art, and use it.

I'm using skin.mimic (4904cd2) and Kodi master (e5ed79d)

When I use Confluence, the thumbnails are downloaded via CURL as soon as I select fanart or poster.

Any ideas what could be triggering this?

Thanks again for all your work, and your responses to our questions Smile
Hmm, I've never experienced this on my system, and I just set some fanart earlier today. I'll have some time to check it out tomorrow.
Are you still having issues with choosing artwork? I haven't been able to duplicate this here...

Sorry for the late reply, I had to add a hack that shows the artwork on the screen, otherwise it wouldn't load for me.

I don't expect you to add it, but I'm not sure why this is happening for me!

FileBrowser.xml
Code:
@@ -113,2 +113,10 @@
                    <itemlayout height="60" width="960">
+                        <control type="image">
+                            <left>-1</left>
+                            <top>-1</top>
+                            <width>1</width>
+                            <height>1</height>
+                            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
+                            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
+                        </control>
                        <control type="label">
@@ -169,4 +177,4 @@
                    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
-                    <texture background="true">$INFO[Container(450).ListItem.Icon]</texture>
-                    <visible>!SubString(Control.GetLabel(416),*)</visible>
+                    <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
+                    <visible>!SubString(Control.GetLabel(416),*)</visible>
                </control>

View_50_List.xml
Code:
@@ -2768,3 +2768,3 @@
                <control type="image">
-                    <visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)) + !ListItem.IsFolder + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb)</visible>
+                    <visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb)</visible>
                    <width>560</width>
Mimic version 1.1.0 has been accepted for the repo, it should show up on the mirrors in a day or so. This will be the last major update for Helix, any future updates will likely be bug fixes only. I plan to begin updating the skin for Kodi 15 Isengard soon.
Love the skin. It's become my new favorite and I'm using it on all my devices. I was very excited to see a new update appear today, but I was immediately disappointed when after the update was installed the background overlay disappeared. Was it removed altogether or is there now an option to toggle it that I am missing? I really liked the subdued blue overlay on the homescreen. It muted everything just enough to give it a more holistic feel. I also noticed that main menu items no longer show submenus by default anymore either. I have to push down to display them. I could be wrong but I thought they were visible by default in 1.0.4.

Do you have a download link to version 1.0.4 so I can downgrade?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9