• 50(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
Quote:As an example of how quickly the landscape changes...
News in today is that the RPi will, when KODI 15 Isengard is released support full frame packed 3D, testing is commencing at the moment.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956412
That's awesome news. How about HD audio?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I have tested this on the RPi2 which can now play 3d MVC MKVs (created from 3d Blurays using MakeMKV) to your TV / Projector in 3d (triggers the 3d mode and displays in 3D) and it seems to work great.The earlier test build only played in half resolution (HSBS or HTAB output to the TV / projector), but this new build is full resolution. It does not play 3d Bluray Isos in 3d though.

The RPi has almost all boxes ticked now unlike other devices, who seem to struggle with some things (notably proper 23.976 support, proper Kodi integration so that all the same menu buttons are used and it doesn't continue to play the next movie once you have finished, remembering where you stopped playing the video last time, CEC support). The only limitation of the RPi / RPi2 is that it doesn't support HD audio passthrough, so you are stuck with Dolby Digital / DTS rather than TrueHD and DTS-HD, which kinda sucks, but with full Kodi integration, it is something I can live with (until a better solution comes along).

I think there is still a hardware limitation for passthrough of HD audio that they can't overcome.
Thanks. I went from ISO (early 3D players only supported this) to MKV (when M8R came along) to back to ISO (for the more recent 3D players). Not sure I want to (or should) go back to MKV, especially w/o HD audio on RPi2.

The free tsMuxeR allows for easy, lossless conversion from MKV to ISO & back. Only issue is TrueHD. In MKV, core is kept as a separate track (if you so choose), but in ISO, lossless + core are together.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-16, 14:10)woronczak Wrote: I have tested this on the RPi2 which can now play 3d MVC MKVs (created from 3d Blurays using MakeMKV) to your TV / Projector in 3d (triggers the 3d mode and displays in 3D) and it seems to work great.The earlier test build only played in half resolution (HSBS or HTAB output to the TV / projector), but this new build is full resolution. It does not play 3d Bluray Isos in 3d though.

The RPi has almost all boxes ticked now unlike other devices, who seem to struggle with some things (notably proper 23.976 support, proper Kodi integration so that all the same menu buttons are used and it doesn't continue to play the next movie once you have finished, remembering where you stopped playing the video last time, CEC support). The only limitation of the RPi / RPi2 is that it doesn't support HD audio passthrough, so you are stuck with Dolby Digital / DTS rather than TrueHD and DTS-HD, which kinda sucks, but with full Kodi integration, it is something I can live with (until a better solution comes along).

I think there is still a hardware limitation for passthrough of HD audio that they can't overcome.

You just kill my dream!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-03-16, 11:13)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 03:56)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 18:58)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: If it is powered by Android L and a powerful chipset, like HiSilicon or RK3288,2GB RAM and 32GB/64GB Flash, I'm afraid the price will be $499 or higher. (Of course this price includes all features you marked yes.)
So what's your affordable price range?

At $499 you are pricing yourself out of the market.
Hardware is one thing but its nothing without very well supported Firmware.

As an example of how quickly the landscape changes...
News in today is that the RPi will, when KODI 15 Isengard is released support full frame packed 3D, testing is commencing at the moment.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956412
Yes, you are right. But remember, Android Box ≠ Kodi Box, Android Box can do more, not only watching movie. I've already said that hardware is not the point, the important is the full multimedia solution on the box, yes the firmware & software.
Why people begin to talk about Himedia Q5, because its native player is very powerful to handle almost all video, so people will use that player as the external player of Kodi.

Most of us in this forum don't care too much about playing games on Media Players.
We just want a good player with Kodi well integrated.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
movie78, for Pi2, looks as lossless TrueHD is possible as 8 channel LPCM. But, for DTS-MA, only core
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-16, 15:07)hdmkv Wrote: movie78, for Pi2, looks as lossless TrueHD is possible as 8 channel LPCM. But, for DTS-MA, only core

No 3D iso support just killed it for me...
(2015-03-16, 15:46)movie78 Wrote: No 3D iso support just killed it for me...

Not yet...
(2015-03-16, 15:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 15:46)movie78 Wrote: No 3D iso support just killed it for me...

Not yet...

Explain..
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956796
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-16, 15:01)movie78 Wrote: Most of us in this forum don't care too much about playing games on Media Players.

Some one mentioned the Nvidia Shield...
(2015-03-16, 17:30)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 15:01)movie78 Wrote: Most of us in this forum don't care too much about playing games on Media Players.

Some one mentioned the Nvidia Shield...

It was me,i just comparing the price range of these type of product.

Where is the new update that was promise for last week?
(2015-03-16, 16:24)hdmkv Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956796

Does the Raspberry PI 2 suport true 23,976?
From what I've read, yes.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-09, 12:01)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Hey, daflyboys
Thank you for your reviews.
BTW, the VidOn XBMC v0.0.0.6 is expected to be released within this week (of course after we push all changed related code to the github), and the VidOn edition of Helix is also under developing and will come out very soon.

Any news regarding the update?
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3