• 47(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
I figured out how to download a previous commit from github. All is right with the world now. Thanks for the hard work.

**EDIT**
This should have been an edit of my original post. Not sure how I ended up creating 2 replies. Anyway, thanks again.
(2015-03-16, 07:36)bryanbrazil Wrote: Mimic version 1.1.0 has been accepted for the repo, it should show up on the mirrors in a day or so. This will be the last major update for Helix, any future updates will likely be bug fixes only. I plan to begin updating the skin for Kodi 15 Isengard soon.

The problem with movie saga reported here is still present it will be awesome if it could be fixed.
Another problem i got when i set up a new launcher with advanced launcher i got in default theme a text to tell me what i configure ( circled in red in the screenshot )

but this text is not present with mimic

(2015-03-16, 08:19)raidershero Wrote: Love the skin. It's become my new favorite and I'm using it on all my devices. I was very excited to see a new update appear today, but I was immediately disappointed when after the update was installed the background overlay disappeared. Was it removed altogether or is there now an option to toggle it that I am missing? I really liked the subdued blue overlay on the homescreen. It muted everything just enough to give it a more holistic feel. I also noticed that main menu items no longer show submenus by default anymore either. I have to push down to display them. I could be wrong but I thought they were visible by default in 1.0.4.

Do you have a download link to version 1.0.4 so I can downgrade?

I thought I was the only one using the home screen overlay, lol. Smile I removed it altogether after changing how the widgets and now playing info are displayed. Will consider adding that option back.

The submenus should still display by default, I didn't make any changes there. Does anyone else have this issue with the update from the repo?
(2015-03-16, 15:29)mac1202 Wrote: The problem with movie saga reported here is still present it will be awesome if it could be fixed.
Another problem i got when i set up a new launcher with advanced launcher i got in default theme a text to tell me what i configure ( circled in red in the screenshot )

but this text is not present with mimic

It's been reported elsewhere on the forum that the issue with sets is a kodi issue, not a skin issue. Don't think there is anything I can do about it.

Not sure about the dialog header label. This skin is based on BigNoid's Aeon Nox 5. I'm guessing that he chose to display the path as the header label instead of the text. Unless that string is specifically for Advanced Launcher. I've never used the addon so don't know anything about it. Will likely leave as-is unless several users request the same thing.
(2015-03-16, 17:51)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 08:19)raidershero Wrote: Love the skin. It's become my new favorite and I'm using it on all my devices. I was very excited to see a new update appear today, but I was immediately disappointed when after the update was installed the background overlay disappeared. Was it removed altogether or is there now an option to toggle it that I am missing? I really liked the subdued blue overlay on the homescreen. It muted everything just enough to give it a more holistic feel. I also noticed that main menu items no longer show submenus by default anymore either. I have to push down to display them. I could be wrong but I thought they were visible by default in 1.0.4.

I thought I was the only one using the home screen overlay, lol. Smile I removed it altogether after changing how the widgets and now playing info are displayed. Will consider adding that option back.

The submenus should still display by default, I didn't make any changes there. Does anyone else have this issue with the update from the repo?

The submenus are working fine for me, I'm running 15.0 Isengard alpha on an Apple TV 1, and I have to say the skin is pretty fast for an 8 year old Apple TV 1.

And yes, please bring back the "fanart overlay" it was my favorite thing about this skin, still pretty good looking, but the change made me want to find some answers about it and what better than brianbrazil explaining.

Thanks for a great skin, and please consider bringing that option on future updates or maybe give us the option to not show the overlay bar and only show the tvshow/movies posters appear over the fanart on the library on recent movies/recent tvshows.

Cheers.
(2015-03-16, 20:03)nikicampos Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 17:51)bryanbrazil Wrote:

The submenus are working fine for me, I'm running 15.0 Isengard alpha on an Apple TV 1, and I have to say the skin is pretty fast for an 8 year old Apple TV 1.

And yes, please bring back the "fanart overlay" it was my favorite thing about this skin, still pretty good looking, but the change made me want to find some answers about it and what better than brianbrazil explaining.

Thanks for a great skin, and please consider bringing that option on future updates or maybe give us the option to not show the overlay bar and only show the tvshow/movies posters appear over the fanart on the library on recent movies/recent tvshows.

Cheers.
Good to hear, I will bring back the option for home fanart overlay.
(2015-03-16, 17:59)bryanbrazil Wrote: Not sure about the dialog header label. This skin is based on BigNoid's Aeon Nox 5. I'm guessing that he chose to display the path as the header label instead of the text. Unless that string is specifically for Advanced Launcher. I've never used the addon so don't know anything about it. Will likely leave as-is unless several users request the same thing.

Nope I got the issue with other addon, I just took advanced launcher as example.
Nice work on the update (once I'd copied over my modded files for ClearArt on pause!)

How do I stop the fanart panning on fullscreen music?

Edit: Gear icon in fullscreen options. D'Oh!
(2015-03-17, 00:23)Bullsboy Wrote: Nice work on the update (once I'd copied over my modded files for ClearArt on pause!)

How do I stop the fanart panning on fullscreen music?

Edit: Gear icon in fullscreen options. D'Oh!
Thanks! Glad you found it.
(2015-03-16, 20:07)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 20:03)nikicampos Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 17:51)bryanbrazil Wrote: I thought I was the only one using the home screen overlay, lol. Smile I removed it altogether after changing how the widgets and now playing info are displayed. Will consider adding that option back.

Cheers.
Good to hear, I will bring back the option for home fanart overlay.

Please do...It was one of the things I really liked about it when I switch last week. I came home today and thought my son had been messing with settings and I couldn't figure out how to turn it back on so I came here. Good to know my son was telling the truth.

Thanks
(2015-03-17, 03:18)japes Wrote: Please do...It was one of the things I really liked about it when I switch last week. I came home today and thought my son had been messing with settings and I couldn't figure out how to turn it back on so I came here. Good to know my son was telling the truth.

Thanks
Glad to hear some folks like the home fanart overlay, I thought I was the only one when I first released the skin. Home fanart overlay option has been added back and is available on github. Will be in the next update to the repo.
For those that follow the development on github...

1) I've started updating the skin for Kodi 15 "Isengard." If you're looking for the Helix versions, you'll find them under the Helix branch.
2) If you are looking for any previous versions, I tagged the commits for each version and created releases.
3) Helix versions are 1.x.x, Isengard versions are 2.x.x.

Going forward, I will update the Helix branch with bug fixes only (home fanart overlay option will be in next repo submission).
This skin is a work of art. I am quite new to Kodi and have tried a few skins but this is by far the best I have tried. It looks extremely professional, clean and modern compared to something like Confluence which is looking very dated now. Thank you so much for all your effort on this.
Thank you Bryan!!! I just updated and the pictures section looks soo much nicer. Thank you for putting the 'hide filenames' option in. Looks great Best skin out there!!!
(2015-03-17, 06:35)toii Wrote: This skin is a work of art. I am quite new to Kodi and have tried a few skins but this is by far the best I have tried. It looks extremely professional, clean and modern compared to something like Confluence which is looking very dated now. Thank you so much for all your effort on this.
(2015-03-17, 22:45)CaptainStereo Wrote: Thank you Bryan!!! I just updated and the pictures section looks soo much nicer. Thank you for putting the 'hide filenames' option in. Looks great Best skin out there!!!
Thank you, glad you like it. Smile
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9