• 2(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-03-16, 20:26)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:RPi2 Overclocked on Turbo settings
Not had a Pi before, but ordered a Pi 2. Is it fairly easy to overclock as you suggested? A guide somewhere? Thanks.

For the benefit of anyone else reading, Overclocking a RPi is a very easy procedure.
You either need to edit the config.txt file which is stored on one of the partitions on the SD card or use a built in Overclocking app like the excellent one in the new OSMC OS. There is also a Kodi add-on I believe available.

Config.txt file, example on standard Turbo settings:
(and for those being extreme cheapskates and thinking of trying my Licence codes on their RPi2. They actually wont work as they are tied to individual RPi's)

Code:
################################################################################
#      This file is part of OpenELEC - http://www.openelec.tv
#      Copyright (C) 2009-2014 Stephan Raue ([email protected])
#      Inspired and partly copied from:
#  http://youresuchageek.blogspot.fr/2012/09/howto-raspberry-pi-openelec-on.html
#
#  OpenELEC is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
#  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
#  the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or
#  (at your option) any later version.
#
#  OpenELEC is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
#  GNU General Public License for more details.
#
#  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
#  along with OpenELEC.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
################################################################################
# Bootloader configuration - config.txt

# Memory (System/GPU configuration )

# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
  gpu_mem=128

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
  gpu_mem_256=112
  gpu_mem_512=160
  gpu_mem_1024=256

# Overclocking settings
# WARNING: Do not change/enable if you do not know what you are doing!
#          The System may become unstable or you can have data corruption or
#          you can loose your warranty if you set wrong settings
#
# please read: http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt#Overclocking_configuration

# Overclock mode settings.
#
# default recommended values are: arm_freq | core_freq | sdram_freq | over_voltage
# no overclocking               :    700   |    250    |    400     |      0
# mode 'Modest'                 :    800   |    300    |    400     |      0
# mode 'Medium'                 :    900   |    333    |    450     |      2
# mode 'High'                   :    950   |    450    |    450     |      6
# mode 'Turbo'                  :   1000   |    500    |    500     |      6

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6

# set to 'force_turbo=1' to disable dynamic overclocking (you can lose your warranty!)
  force_turbo=1

# If you have any data corruption using Turbo Mode and overclocking
# try with this setting uncommented
# If this still fails, try to use Medium mode without "over_voltage=2"
# If it ultimately keeps failing, forget about this until it gets fixed
# Use a more conservative mode that will works fine in any cases:
# initial_turbo=30

# Overscan settings

# Make display smaller to stop text spilling off the screen
# see also http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15700
# overscan_scale=1
# disable_overscan=1

# Adapt overscan values to your needs
# overscan_left=57
# overscan_right=59
# overscan_top=20
# overscan_bottom=20

# various settings see also: http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt

# Force HDMI even if unplugged or powered off
# hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# Doesn't sent initial active source message.
# Avoids bringing CEC (enabled TV) out of standby and channel switch when
# rebooting.
  hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

# License keys to enable GPU hardware decoding for various codecs
# to obtain keys visit the shop at http://www.raspberrypi.com

decode_MPG2=0x781849a1
decode_WVC1=0x63c7f676
# decode_DTS=0x00000000
# decode_DDP=0x00000000

# End of default configuration
# all values below this line were inserted from config.txt.bk (your old config)
# and can be merged with the above values

(2015-03-16, 17:46)movie78 Wrote: I like the support for Full BD J menu support on the VidOn,only one thing missing, 3D iso playback doesn't work in Full BD J Menu...

Will work, this feature is ready, we just haven't added it into the release version.
(2015-03-16, 17:47)hdmkv Wrote: Does full menu work now with VidOn w/BD-J 2.0, via Kodi?

1. VidOn XBMC always can play Blu-ray iso/folder in full BD-J menu mode. Do you mean BD Player profile 2.0? Now we have already supported profile 5.0.
2. And VidOn Box do support external subtitles, so I think that shouldn't be "?".
Supported external subtitles, ass/ssa, srt, smi, idx+sub.
And the subtitles are displayed in 3D mode in the 3D blu-ray movies. Btw, what is full 3D?

3. $70 includes the first year's membership fee, and the $15 is not mandatory if you don't need HD audio and BD-J menu.
4. VidOn Box supports VC-1 playback, we support it from the VidOn XBMC (Frodo).
5. VidOn Box now can play 29.970 MPEG2 smoothly, this issue has been fixed on Jan 22, 2015.
6. VidOn Box now support 24/50/60 auto FPS switch, this problem has been fixed on Jan 16, 2015. We added the auto switch for all kinds of sources.

Please use the new version to do the test, you can get the latest v 1.0.0.0 on our forum.
Sounds good Wolly. Will be trying it out later today.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-17, 09:38)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 17:47)hdmkv Wrote: Does full menu work now with VidOn w/BD-J 2.0, via Kodi?

1. VidOn XBMC always can play Blu-ray iso/folder in full BD-J menu mode. Do you mean BD Player profile 2.0? Now we have already supported profile 5.0.
2. And VidOn Box do support external subtitles, so I think that shouldn't be "?".
Supported external subtitles, ass/ssa, srt, smi, idx+sub.
And the subtitles are displayed in 3D mode in the 3D blu-ray movies. Btw, what is full 3D?

3. $70 includes the first year's membership fee, and the $15 is not mandatory if you don't need HD audio and BD-J menu.
4. VidOn Box supports VC-1 playback, we support it from the VidOn XBMC (Frodo).
5. VidOn Box now can play 29.970 MPEG2 smoothly, this issue has been fixed on Jan 22, 2015.
6. VidOn Box now support 24/50/60 auto FPS switch, this problem has been fixed on Jan 16, 2015. We added the auto switch for all kinds of sources.

Please use the new version to do the test, you can get the latest v 1.0.0.0 on our forum.

very interesting.... A31s vs hi3798 with Image/Display Processing and video engine?

full 3D = MVC or 3D blu-ray movies(FULL HD 3D),so not mistake with SBS TAB

(2015-03-17, 13:19)hdmkv Wrote: Sounds good Wolly. Will be trying it out later today.

waiting.....
video quality:
VidOn : B+
himedia q5 : B+
Rasp PI: A
i don't understand why? rasp PI have better video quality then other?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Hey, hdmkv
I see that you added some items.
BD/DVD folder playback, of course yes, we regard the folder as an .iso file, click and play, so that you don't need to enter the folder to find out the index.bdmv.
I'm not the tester, but I played the BD folder source for many times, it works very well.
Quote:i don't understand why? rasp PI have better video quality then other?
I'll have mine this weekend to try, but from what I've read, it does proper 23.976 and reports on PQ are that it's excellent.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-17, 14:15)looun Wrote: full 3D = MVC or 3D blu-ray movies(FULL HD 3D),so not mistake with SBS TAB

Oh, of course we support the full 3D, not the SBS or TAB.
Frankly, I joined some groups on QQ (a Chinese instant communication app), there are lots of Chinese Q5 users, they seems all have some complaint on the HiMedia Q5, I'm not here to attack others, but I said the truth.
When I told them that recently a lot of people on Kodi forum love the Q5 very much, and I even threw the post links to them, they just cannot understand why.
Very interesting...
(2015-03-17, 08:08)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 17:46)movie78 Wrote: I like the support for Full BD J menu support on the VidOn,only one thing missing, 3D iso playback doesn't work in Full BD J Menu...

Will work, this feature is ready, we just haven't added it into the release version.

When are you going to release it?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-03-17, 15:27)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 08:08)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:

When i are you going to release it?

Maybe the first release of VidOn's Helix, I'm not sure. I asked the question on the morning meeting and the developer told me this feature is ready.
Wolly, it appears what you released to Beta testers is VidOn Kodi (14) Alpha, not next Gotham build right? Are you abandoning Gotham & now going to Helix? If so, I'll wait to test until 3D is added.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-17, 15:43)hdmkv Wrote: Wolly, it appears what you released to Beta testers is VidOn Kodi (14) Alpha, not next Gotham build right? Are you abandoning Gotham & now going to Helix? If so, I'll wait to test until 3D is added.

Yes, according to the plan, the v1.0.0.0 is the last version of Gotham (maybe will release one more to fix some issues), next we are going to release the new version based on Helix.
Okay, now I see it in the VidOn forum. Will test it out, thanks.

BTW, wrxtasy, thanks for your Pi settings. May have to bug you next week when I get my Pi2.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-17, 15:20)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Frankly, I joined some groups on QQ (a Chinese instant communication app), there are lots of Chinese Q5 users, they seems all have some complaint on the HiMedia Q5, I'm not here to attack others, but I said the truth.
When I told them that recently a lot of people on Kodi forum love the Q5 very much, and I even threw the post links to them, they just cannot understand why.
Very interesting...

easy ...money vs function
Himedia q5 in EU cost 140€
- FULL 3D with external subtitle( it's must because, HD audio usually is only in EN )
- HD audio passthrough
- nice quality and video engine
- nice player app

HTPC with same function FANLESS cost 450€ + windows + powerdvd(without external subtitle)

VidOn BOx in EU is very hard to find, in italy ( impossible without tax plus ) only store i have found cost 174€.
In EU ( more in italy ) VidOn BOx is unknown, there is not review or test.

i knowed SOC AllWinner don't have good support also only from last release lot of bug as closed.

Amlogic box have some trouble and not support full 3d and hd audio.

rockchip box have some trouble and not support full 3d and hd audio.

RealTek 1195 i don't too much money to try all box,and i know there is problem with 23.976.

PCH a-4x0 is great player but have nmj .... Mede8er X3D also is great player but don't have jukebox like kodi.

Why himedia q5 is not good choice ? HIsilicon hi 3798 has design for media box not for table or phone , all function write in datasheet are development in sw and work.

IMHO for italy(EU) user, happy to change my analysis if is wrong.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17