• 83(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-03-14, 10:44)bromix Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 08:38)superryo Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 03:23)superryo Wrote: Bromix - here are my logs: http://pastebin.com/J6ty87fe

It doesn't seem to say anything I can figure out. When I run the app, it just errors out and tells me unable to login and backs out.

Hi Bromix - any ideas?
Just a bit more background. on a windows desktop browser, I am able to login. On an iphone app I am able to login. On an android tablet I am able to login. However on an iphone mobile browser, I get an error that says "oops something went wrong..." The only way I can prevent this error was to use https://m.youtube.com and it works. Now on the Android TV box, I just get the "Login failed" error.
Just use the Windows browser again Big Grin you don't have to use the browser on the device. This is a routine YouTube uses for TVs and they haven't any browser (some of them).

I am able to use it on windows but the idea is to use the addon on Android. I am able to get it working after reinstalling Kodi and start from scratch. Probably something got corrupted due to a power outage or something. Ideally I would like to just uninstall the youtube addon and reinstall but it won't let me uninstall until I remove a tonne of addons. Is there any other way to remvoe the addon and reinstall so in the future I don't have to start from scratch?
Delete the directories plugin.video.youtube from addons and userdata/addon_data/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-12, 22:05)bromix Wrote:
(2015-03-12, 10:41)macardi Wrote: ...

I have the exact same issue, it takes about a minute for the thumbnails to be loaded and during this time the system i jerky as hell. It only happens the first time the script is started after a restart of Kodi, thereafter everything is smooth. Funny thing is that i have the exact same issue and symptoms when Youtube thumbnails are loaded with phils extended info script when executed the first time after a restart of Kodi.The issue with that script have been reported by a handful other people but no solution has been found. The root cause might be the same and it makes me wonder if this might not be scrips specific but related to something else?

I'm on windows.

/Macardi

I demand to much from KODI Rofl this seems not to be low-balanced to download and cache the thumbs and fanarts...because my CPU is with one core at 25% and this will cause blockage (hiccup). I could disable everything via the addon, but then we have no graphics Sad I can construct a workaround...but this shouldn't be the task of a addon.

Why does it only happen with the "My Subscriptions" page? (at least in my case). If I browse one of the "Subcriptions" pages, the thumbnails downloading doesn't affect the CPU usage.
(2015-03-14, 20:45)nickr Wrote: Delete the directories plugin.video,youtube from addons and userdata/addon_data/

Thank you so much - this did it.
i use helix 14.2 rc1, in youtube addons latest release, i found error in some videos thats say "UNKNOWN" and cant be played, how come?
(2015-03-11, 13:08)bromix Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 13:03)bee07 Wrote: I just came across something I haven't been able to find a solution for so far, and would appreciate some help. I am trying to play "AstroPilot - Live Set (Space Ambient For Winter Solstice PsyChill)" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9osZ7bSLaTo), and it is kicking up the message "YouTube - This video may be inappropriate for some users".

The log is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/pzdefliva

I note on the Youtube page for this video it gives me the Content Warning with a Do You Wish to Proceed? button, and I am assuming this is probably what is stopping the video playing.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that will allow this video to play? I have checked the Safety setting in Youtube and it is Off - is there anything else?

Thanks in advance

You have to be logged-in...otherwise it won't work. YouTube needs your account for your age confirmation...the video is working for me.

Thanks, Bromix. I finally found the problem was that though I was logged in, I had not actually set the year in my Google profile. Now the video comes up properly.
(2015-03-16, 05:57)daniel-ntl Wrote: i use helix 14.2 rc1, in youtube addons latest release, i found error in some videos thats say "UNKNOWN" and cant be played, how come?
Debug log (wiki)
Hi bromix,

I translated language file to Korean for latest v5.0.9.
But I can't PR at this moment in personal reason so uploaded 'strings.xml' on Box.com.
Can you please add it to the next release someday you want to?

https://app.box.com/s/4hk5mj93qjbqg3semaq0j6up8fm9gpjt

Thank you for your great works.
Sorry for my English.
OS X 10.10.x | Helix 14.x
hi, i have a problem with rpi2 (latest OE)
im getting empty list when searching on youtube plugin

debug log:
http://pastebin.com/z2vh412V
I would like to be able to mark videos as watched. Smile
(2015-03-16, 14:06)piodio Wrote: Hi bromix,

I translated language file to Korean for latest v5.0.9.
But I can't PR at this moment in personal reason so uploaded 'strings.xml' on Box.com.
Can you please add it to the next release someday you want to?

https://app.box.com/s/4hk5mj93qjbqg3semaq0j6up8fm9gpjt

Thank you for your great works.

Thanks...I will try to add this in the v5.1.0 Smile
(2015-03-16, 14:39)sh33p Wrote: hi, i have a problem with rpi2 (latest OE)
im getting empty list when searching on youtube plugin

debug log:
http://pastebin.com/z2vh412V

What version of OE? Based on the Log the items are there. I think it's a problem with OE (wouldn't be the first time Smile )

Code:
14:34:46 T:1970168352   DEBUG:   -- items: 54, sort method: 0, ascending: false
Hi Bromix

Just wanted to say: No Problems to complain about here at all - just a FABULOUS EXPERIENCE using YouTube with your add-on.

Thank you, thank you, Thank YOU Bromix - for building and continuing to support this most important of media sourcing add-ons.

I just love the fact I can surf around all day, collecting interesting vids ("Watch Later" list fills up fast at youtube.com !), and then settle down in the evening to watch this stuff on the big screen. Could Life get any better ?

So please continue the excellent work, and refine features & functions as the need arises.

And... Thanks Again !!
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2015-03-17, 20:55)gjwAudio Wrote: Hi Bromix

Just wanted to say: No Problems to complain about here at all - just a FABULOUS EXPERIENCE using YouTube with your add-on.

Thank you, thank you, Thank YOU Bromix - for building and continuing to support this most important of media sourcing add-ons.

I just love the fact I can surf around all day, collecting interesting vids ("Watch Later" list fills up fast at youtube.com !), and then settle down in the evening to watch this stuff on the big screen. Could Life get any better ?

So please continue the excellent work, and refine features & functions as the need arises.

And... Thanks Again !!

Agreed. It amazes me how well this add-on works compared to the app for Fire TV. Puts the "official" app to shame.
Very well done, bromix.
(2015-03-16, 18:11)Valpen Wrote: I would like to be able to mark videos as watched. Smile
+1 for this request.

Please could you incorporate manually marking content as watched in a future update?
I'm not sure whether it's this addon or a flaw with youtube in general, but content I watch on my tablet or phone never sync up as watched when I use youtube on Kodi. So it means having to play and skip through subscription content I've already watched to remove it from the "my subscriptions" list.

P.S: Thankyou Bromix for this amazing addon!
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20