• 86(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-03-16, 19:19)joshua99 Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 18:31)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 16:13)joshua99 Wrote: Which pins did you short?

@ xbmcdoc, AuXBoX showed me on a photo I sent him, it was the 2 centre pins on the outer side of the box.
Cheers. Josh.
Would you mind posting the photo, in case it helps someone else?

Hi, I would not mind at all if I could but I can't find anyway to upload photos.
Ironically it would now help me. Sad I now have a box which shows a red light initially, it changes to green after about 60 seconds and I get video out, but that's as far as it gets.
(2015-03-17, 05:03)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 18:31)Grand Total Wrote: Would you mind posting the photo, in case it helps someone else?

Hi, I would not mind at all if I could but I can't find anyway to upload photos.
Ironically it would now help me. Sad I now have a box which shows a red light initially, it changes to green after about 60 seconds and I get video out, but that's as far as it gets.

hey im pretty sure this is the only set of pins that you need to short

(2015-03-16, 18:31)Grand Total Wrote: Would you mind posting the photo, in case it helps someone else?

Here's the pic
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2015-03-17, 05:54)kashmoney Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 19:19)joshua99 Wrote: Hi, I would not mind at all if I could but I can't find anyway to upload photos.

hey im pretty sure this is the only set of pins that you need to short

this is my photo. The board on joshs is different
the chip is still the same though on both the 1200 and the 520(e) just gotta find it on the board near the SOC which is fairly easy
(2015-03-12, 22:54)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 17:47)p_turner_uk Wrote: Hi AuXBoX

The post where you mentioned the AmLogic AML8726-MX was the most stable device you have used for Linux-MX was of particular interest to me. The only issue I have with the ATV1200 now is that as you know it likes to freeze from time to time. I seem to have less problems with it freezing as long as the RSS feed is turned on (which I assume in this instance acts like a screensaver in some ways keeping the screen active).

Now I would buy a AML8726-MX but I believe it doesn't have a coaxial out (only S/PDIF optical).

I like to connect to my surround system via coaxial, and I wondered in your opinion what box out there is the most stable solution for Linux/Kodi with the coaxial option, I'm guessing at the moment it is the ATV1200? I would really value hearing what you might think on the matter.

Cheers

Pete

The ATV520(e) does not have coaxial nor S/DIF. Also, the ATV520(e) and ATV1200 have the same chips (AML8726-MX). See if your TV has a Coax out, you can connect the HDMI to the TV and then tv coxial to the receiver. They do sell SPDIF Coaxial converters.

Well I use the ATV1200 with both my tv and projector. As a result I wanted the audio from the ATV to the surround system direct.
(2015-03-13, 00:52)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 17:47)p_turner_uk Wrote: Hi AuXBoX

The post where you mentioned the AmLogic AML8726-MX was the most stable device you have used for Linux-MX was of particular interest to me. The only issue I have with the ATV1200 now is that as you know it likes to freeze from time to time. I seem to have less problems with it freezing as long as the RSS feed is turned on (which I assume in this instance acts like a screensaver in some ways keeping the screen active).

Now I would buy a AML8726-MX but I believe it doesn't have a coaxial out (only S/PDIF optical).

I like to connect to my surround system via coaxial, and I wondered in your opinion what box out there is the most stable solution for Linux/Kodi with the coaxial option, I'm guessing at the moment it is the ATV1200? I would really value hearing what you might think on the matter.

Cheers

Pete

Does your amp not have s/pdif?
If you need coaxial you will need to stay wih 1200

Yes the amp does have s/pdif but it's taken up with another device (youview box, which does not have coaxial to swap with).
So at the moment I do need the coaxial out, so I will stick with the 1200.... the occational freeze is only a minor annoyance! Overall I am very happy with what they allow me to do for the price.

Thanks for getting back to me Smile
Auxbox I have got that dual core CMX box now as recommended so would appreciate if you can send me the link for the Linux Helix 14.0 compile for it so I can test it out. Many thanks in advance mate.
Cheers
Raymw
(2015-03-15, 23:48)joshua99 Wrote: Hello once more, I would like to thank AuXBoX & Raymw first of all for the help they have given me, although unsuccessful your time is much appreciated. I would assume now that this poor little box is now deceased & has to be returned to silicon valley from whence it came Amen. As stated earlier I've tried several times with the link from AuXBoX & nothing at all happens & today I tried a few times with the link from Raymw & again nothing happens. The only thing I noticed was with the Raymw file when unzipped it only shows " 1 update M6" file & in the read me text there are 2 showing so I assume it was just a typo. I would be very grateful if you could confirm that there is nothing else I can do to restore the box to its former glory before I say a little prayer for it.Sad Sad Sad
again tanks a lot. Josh.

Never noticed that before Joshua and yes that does appear to indeed be a typo in the readme file tect. Just to double check with you there should be 11 files in all including the readme.txt file and all should be in the root of a 4GB SD card (I use a 4GB Class 4 SD card though i should imagine of course that 8GB SD cards will work too as would a Class 10). Sorry that you still have not recovered your bricked box mate. But don't give up on it yet as at least you have lights on which is a good sign but as you say the lights are on but there is nobody at home hmm !!Sad
Cheers
Raymw
(2015-03-17, 06:08)kashmoney Wrote: the chip is still the same though on both the 1200 and the 520(e) just gotta find it on the board near the SOC which is fairly easy
Thanks kashmoney and AuXBoX for the pictures. I don't think my box is like either of those, but the pictures should help me find the right chip.
(2015-03-17, 16:15)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 06:08)kashmoney Wrote: the chip is still the same though on both the 1200 and the 520(e) just gotta find it on the board near the SOC which is fairly easy
Thanks kashmoney and AuXBoX for the pictures. I don't think my box is like either of those, but the pictures should help me find the right chip.

Can you upload a pic to dropbox and post a link? Always good to save it for future reference for others.
(2015-03-18, 07:15)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 16:15)Grand Total Wrote:

Can you upload a pic to dropbox and post a link? Always good to save it for future reference for others.
Pins to short

https://mega.co.nz/#!WpQQDaRA!NWWRaG7AeA...KaU5VRnl0k

https://mega.co.nz/#!n55CRBQa!0WBRxLUSyG...UgflEpnUOc
(2015-03-17, 06:02)AuXBoX Wrote: [this is my photo. The board on joshs is different
I have two boxes, both bricked, and I tried this method on one of them. It worked, but only partially in the sense that I didn't end up with a box running Android 4.1 as I expected. Instead it recovered and was running the (custom) software that was running on it before I bricked it. This evening I shall try to reflash it with the firmware I want on it. If that goes well I'll try to recover the box I bricked the day before yesterday.
(2015-03-18, 13:43)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 07:15)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 16:15)Grand Total Wrote: Thanks kashmoney and AuXBoX for the pictures. I don't think my box is like either of those, but the pictures should help me find the right chip.

Pins to short

https://mega.co.nz/#!WpQQDaRA!NWWRaG7AeA...KaU5VRnl0k

https://mega.co.nz/#!n55CRBQa!0WBRxLUSyG...UgflEpnUOc

Thank you AuXBoX. I want looking for pictures of Grand Total box as he mentioned it was different. But your are good reference.
(2015-03-18, 15:08)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 06:02)AuXBoX Wrote: [this is my photo. The board on joshs is different
I have two boxes, both bricked, and I tried this method on one of them. It worked, but only partially in the sense that I didn't end up with a box running Android 4.1 as I expected. Instead it recovered and was running the (custom) software that was running on it before I bricked it. This evening I shall try to reflash it with the firmware I want on it. If that goes well I'll try to recover the box I bricked the day before yesterday.

Sounds like the box went back to factory reset. Try the reflash again to see if it sticks. You probably don't need to short the pins this time.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5