• 27(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
You need to download the Helix-compatible version from the links in the first post of this thread and then install the skin manually.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2015-03-03, 17:48)minimoe Wrote: You need to download the Helix-compatible version from the links in the first post of this thread and then install the skin manually.

Oh, I see. Thanks. Why isn't it available through kodi itself?
I have no idea Smile
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
Hello pecinko,

first of all - thank you very much for Amber! I love that skin. Smile

You recently added some additional colors to the skin which I appreciated a lot.
However there was one color type missing - a nice red. Wink

Would you be so kind as to add a light red to the mix? Maybe FF2A00 (255R, 042G, 000B)?
That would be really awesome! Smile

I always use a simple, dark grey background and a light red would complement that perfectly. Smile
is this skin ever going to be posted in kodi? or will we have to download as a zip file?
Hello Together,

hope someone could help me out here. I have two problems with the current Amber 2.0.12.

1st Problem:

I'm currently useing Openelec 5.0.x with pecinkos Version of PlexBMC. My Plex Server (0.9.11.7.803-87d0708) is running on my Synology. In the Webinterface of the Plex Server everything is fine.

In Kodi when I browse through the plugin (using the Amber Skin) there is missing Season information. TV Show Information is shown, when I then choose one show it displays the Seasons, but with almost no information, although I there is a Season Description in the Webinterface. If I compare that to using the native Kodi Library, there the Season Information is displayed, even if it is the same as the TV Show description itself.
I guess this must be a Skin Issue, right? Could we have the same behaviour here as with the native kodi vide library, else the seasons screen looks so empty. And if I remember (not sure bout that), this was working with Gotham/Amber/PlexBMC.

2nd Problem:

The PVR OSD's are a lil inconsistent and overlapping also. Here are some screens:

This is the default Info Dialog and below is the short Info Dialog

And here in combination with the OSD Controls

For my Taste, in the last Screenshot, this should be one Background (the black/grey/semi-transparent part) and the controls should be just below the short info Dialog.
This "merged" Short Info Dialog with Video Controls then should be used for the Info Dialog in first Screen, where the short Info and the controls are replaced with the long description from 1st Screenshot.

That would make it really consistent. Here is a Mockup (I know a real bad mspaint version) of what I was imaginig.

and here the Infoscreen:

What do you think? Hope this is not to complicated to be implemented/adjusted into the skin.

Thanks again for all your support here Smile

Regards
Vlaves
I was wondering if there's a way to limit the number of channels shown in the EPG for Live TV. Right now, there's 8 channels shown, which makes it hard to read. Is there a way to show only 4 or 5?

Thanks!
Hi again. Smile

(2015-03-03, 20:46)jd17 Wrote: Would you be so kind as to add a light red to the mix? Maybe FF2A00 (255R, 042G, 000B)?

I can totally unterstand if you don't want to add another colour, but can you tell me where I need to edit the Amber files to do it myself?

Maybe I could just overwrite the green since I do not use that anyway. Smile
not sure if there's something super easy I'm missing here (I'm using kodi version 14.0 under mx Linux). I downloaded the zip, put it on a usb stick, in xbmc went into settings, appearance, skin, get more, browsed to the zip file, selected it but it can't switch to the amber skin, gives error "some files are missing".

did I make a noob mistake?

update: got it working after scanning this thread Smile

went into addons, disabled addons, enabled amber, then switched to the skin using the latest zip file in the first post of this thread. all good now Smile
(2015-03-09, 11:13)jd17 Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 20:46)jd17 Wrote: Would you be so kind as to add a light red to the mix? Maybe FF2A00 (255R, 042G, 000B)?

I can totally unterstand if you don't want to add another colour, but can you tell me where I need to edit the Amber files to do it myself?

Maybe I could just overwrite the green since I do not use that anyway. Smile

OMG I figured it out myself and it was so very easy that it's embarrassing I even asked you. Tongue
I should have looked into the files before asking you... sorry. Smile

Added a file for red, works like a charm... Cheers!
Hello All,
Been using Amber for a while and really like the look and feel. Great job and thank you! Happy to see this updated for Helix.

I do have a question though.
I am running openelec 5.0.5 on a raspi 2 and have amber 2.0.12 installed. But the text descriptions for shows and movies that run long and cut off do not auto scroll so you can read the entire description. I turned on my older pi with a gotham install and amber 1.6.0 and the text scrolls fine on that setup. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on how to get the descriptions scrolling again?

**EDIT**
Did a little looking around and found the option to turn on scrolling in Skin Settings. Thanks again for this great skin!
Photo 
Hello,
I have a problem in live TV EPG window: somehow when I'm in EPG, I can barely see which program is selected. There is no background highlight; just a bold font. Is this normal? See below:

And as a side question: is it possible to change the EPG to use different color scheme (e.g. bright background and dark font)?

Many thanks!
(2015-02-16, 11:27)pecinko Wrote: Version 2.0.12 (see GitHub):
=======================================
Added Live-TV-OSD - thanks to Gismo112
Change the label of Movies submenu button to browse
Add launch button to add-on info dialog - thanks to anaconda

Thanks so much for this Skin Smile

I have done some corrections in the German translation and I have also changed behaviour in EPG Timeline to be consistent with other PVR Windows ("Back-Key" is now closing all PVR-Windows).
I have done a pull-request here. If you like, please integrate the changes.

Edit: Changed also the VideoOSD when in LiveTV so Backgrounds are not overlapping like shown in this post here
It is not as I would wish it to be, but I'm not a good Skinner, so for me this is now the best I could do, so hope you all like it Smile

Also feel free to try it out from here: https://github.com/Vlaves/skin.amber

Regards
Vlaves
Hey! First of all, thank you for the skin.

I have a question. Is there anyway to show the director/actors info in the movies menu in addition to Genre, Duration, etc.,?

Thank u!
I have been a fan of the amber skin for a long time, at least for 2 years, but this helix clone doesn't work for me.
I did go back to gotham 13.2, kodi 14.2 should have an official amber skin, I don't think this skin will be the solution.
Perhaps PECINKO could look at the current problems.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4