• 31(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
Ok, I'll defenitely try that!

What can I expect?
(2015-03-19, 11:23)eagle72 Wrote: Ok, I'll defenitely try that!

What can I expect?

well, if all goes well the addon should now:
- display lyrics for songs with multiple artist
- save the lyrics (depending on your settings) as "artist1 & artstist2 - songtitle"
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-03-19, 14:22)ronie Wrote: i've added a workaround to the problem in the addon, hopefulley it'll work a bit better now for you.
please test: script.cu.lrclyrics-3.0.7.zip

CULRC doesn't start.

This is what I did:

1) Renamed System\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics to System\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics.old
2) Copied contents of zip-file to System\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics
3) Restarted XBMC

At startup the culrc add-on fails to start.

xbmc.log Wrote:19:14:07 T:139937425659648 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'MyMonitor' object has no attribute 'abortRequested'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/rene/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/default.py", line 40, in <module>
culrc_run('service')
File "/home/rene/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/default.py", line 27, in culrc_run
gui.MAIN(mode=mode)
File "/home/rene/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/resources/lib/gui.py", line 25, in __init__
self.main_loop()
File "/home/rene/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/resources/lib/gui.py", line 44, in main_loop
while (not self.Monitor.abortRequested()) and (WIN.getProperty('culrc.quit') == ''):
AttributeError: 'MyMonitor' object has no attribute 'abortRequested'
-->End of Python script error report<--

O, and I had culrclyrics v2.0.12 (according to changelog). And I'm using ACE 2.0.1 on XBMC 13.2 (Ubuntu).
ah, you're using xbmc gotham.
i'm sorry but that's an old version and no longer supported.

please consider updating to kodi helix 14.x
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ok, will do . . .

Thanks though for your replies! And effort!
One thing leads to another ...

I've upgraded to Helix 14.1.
Implemented your 3.0.7 version.

Apparently the lyrics are now shown in a new window now, instead in the transparent frame (ACE).

But on topic. The lyrics are searched with artist 1 & artist 2 according to the information string on the top of the screen. But none are found on the internet. And none are found (file) in my lyrics folder 'artist 1 & artist 2'\songtitle.lrc

To make it worse, single artist synchronised lyrices are also not found. I'm new to the 3.x versions, obviously, but no new options are available to manipulate the add-on.

In summary:
1) no multi-valued artist lyrics stored and/or found and/or displayed
2) no synchronised lyrics anymore (2.0.12 works fine)
3) CULyrics displayes a new window on top of KODI/ACE screen (Started with 'm'), which I do not like.

Still hopeful though I'll get it right.
(2015-03-20, 21:09)eagle72 Wrote: In summary:
1) no multi-valued artist lyrics stored and/or found and/or displayed
2) no synchronised lyrics anymore (2.0.12 works fine)
3) CULyrics displayes a new window on top of KODI/ACE screen (Started with 'm'), which I do not like.

Still hopeful though I'll get it right.

please provide a Debug Log for issue 1 & 2

3 is because you're using a xbmc gotham version of ace that is not compatible with kodi helix
Ok, it's been a while. Sorry for the wait.

I jugled skins after the upgrade to kodi. Found one that displays lyrics, fanart & song tags to my taste.

Anyways, the reason I thought the 3.0.7 didn't work is because the lyrics are stored in a different folder in Kodi! And I was looking at the XBMC lyrics folder. Took me a while to 'get' that.

Now, after relocating the lyricsfolder the multi-artist songs are reading my lrc lyrics files correctly, as you said in the artist1 & artist2 folder! Cool!

Apparently the lyrics search isn't changed, and no lyrices are found. I'll have to manually get this right.

Thanks again!
Hi, one thing that would make sense I think would be to search in the save folder too (if one specified under Save lyrics to lyrics folder) if search for local lyrics file is activated.

The reason is, I have been using for years MiniLyrics along with foobar2000 on windows for saving lyrics in a specified folder, so I have already a good lrc lyrics database, which I copied in the culrclyrics specified save folder, so why having to search (and most of the times fail to find synced) lyrics that I already have?
All my lyrics are in the %A - %T format, that is also set to save within the script.

Thanks to anyone involved.
Bug found when CULyrics is enabled:

The MusicOSD dialog is going to be activated and focused if I'm going to open shutdownmenu right out the visualisation window. The shutdown menu is visible too but not focused.
This will happen by pressing "S" on the keyboard and even with an key mapped with ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu). Tested it on various skins on the latest Isengard nightlies.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-04-06, 23:39)sualfred Wrote: Bug found when CULyrics is enabled:

The MusicOSD dialog is going to be activated and focused if I'm going to open shutdownmenu right out the visualisation window. The shutdown menu is visible too but not focused.
This will happen by pressing "S" on the keyboard and even with an key mapped with ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu). Tested it on various skins on the latest Isengard nightlies.

thanx for the report!
the bug should be fixed in: script.cu.lrclyrics-3.0.9.zip

mind testing it?
Solved Tongue
Thanks!
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
I'm having a strange issue with CU LRC Lyrics: it doesn't seem to be able to find my .lrc files (saved in the same SMB folder as my MP3s).

I finally tracked down the issue to "enc = chardet.detect(data)" line (in utilities.py:43), it raises a TypeError exception. Would it be possible to catch it and return data (as in the UnicodeDecodeError exception)? This way it does seem to work on my setup.

Also, a feature suggestion: I have my lyrics embedded in the MP3s using the USLT tag (rather than SYLT, as it seems to be more widely used) but the lyrics do include the timestamps in the usual [xx:yy.zz] format. Would it be possibly to load them as LRC (ie. ignore the tag but look inside the actual lyrics format, if each line starts with [xx:yy.zz] than it is LRC, otherwise pure text)?

Thanks!
X
(2015-04-12, 17:56)xurr Wrote: I'm having a strange issue with CU LRC Lyrics: it doesn't seem to be able to find my .lrc files (saved in the same SMB folder as my MP3s).

I finally tracked down the issue to "enc = chardet.detect(data)" line (in utilities.py:43), it raises a TypeError exception. Would it be possible to catch it and return data (as in the UnicodeDecodeError exception)? This way it does seem to work on my setup.

Also, a feature suggestion: I have my lyrics embedded in the MP3s using the USLT tag (rather than SYLT, as it seems to be more widely used) but the lyrics do include the timestamps in the usual [xx:yy.zz] format. Would it be possibly to load them as LRC (ie. ignore the tag but look inside the actual lyrics format, if each line starts with [xx:yy.zz] than it is LRC, otherwise pure text)?

Thanks!
X

could you please provide an .lrc file that raises the error?
also an .mp3 file with lrc lyrics embedded in the uslt tag would be useful

feel free to pm me a download link for both.
Hi Ronie,

Wondered if you could help with an issue I'm having with the script. I seem to be getting a few songs come up with wrong or no lyrics. Previously was using the Aeon MQ5 Helix skin and a couple of tracks' lyrics were showing up in Chinese, switched to Confluence and the same songs are pretty much blank.

I'm using Helix 14.2 and CU LRC Lyrics 3.01. Logfile is at http://pastebin.com/WMzC7PdP

Many thanks
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1