Can we have a native Raspbian KODI build
(2015-02-15, 21:07)Peio Wrote: This guy already maintains a repo with Kodi for raspbian: http://michael.gorven.za.net

Have you had any issues with CEC with this build? I'm having problems which may be unrelated but I'm curious to know if anyone else is having difficulties...
I am aware of Michaels build, he has done a great job. This thread is really about having a native Kodi build for the Pi that is maintained and released by the Kodi team in the same way as Android etc.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
This is an exciting idea, would love it if it worked out!
Hello,

I am in for such project. Installed Kodi on Raspbian Rpi2 version from http://michael.gorven.za.net/

However Simple IPTV addon works very unstable, and failing.

Would be really great to compile independent Kodi for Raspbian.
I e-mailed Michael and he said he would be interested in helping us if he has time, but neither he or I have figured out who to contact about the packages on the default Rasbian repos. I'll try sending a message to a general e-mail address or maybe make a forum post and hope it finds its way to the right person.
no need to be in raspbian directly, IIRC the raspberrypi foundation repo is added automatically. So talk to popcornmix Smile
(2015-03-02, 11:03)wsnipex Wrote: no need to be in raspbian directly, IIRC the raspberrypi foundation repo is added automatically. So talk to popcornmix Smile

I have a few SD Cards for my Pi. I found this : http://www.squeezeplug.eu/.

Runs wheezy and Kodi 14.1. ASFAIK there are no problems. I prefer openElec but I have a use for this type of setup in another location. Nice to have Chromium, Kodi, and Raspian on one box.

I did not get involved with all the audio stuff they are trying to sell.
Yes, I can help. Currently the raspberrypi repo is handled by @asb (on rasbperrypi forum).
@shiftplusone (on rasbperrypi forum) is also going to have access to raspberrypi repo, and has said he's happy to add a kodi deb file.
Ned, I'll PM you about introducing me, Michael and ShiftPlusOne.
Nice! I love community based software.
Ohhhhh this would be nice Smile

I wonder if somehow PVR addons could be included?? Smile
(2015-03-02, 15:25)popcornmix Wrote: Yes, I can help. Currently the raspberrypi repo is handled by @asb (on rasbperrypi forum).
@shiftplusone (on rasbperrypi forum) is also going to have access to raspberrypi repo, and has said he's happy to add a kodi deb file.
Ned, I'll PM you about introducing me, Michael and ShiftPlusOne.
Hi popcornmix, just wondering is there any update on this?
(2015-03-23, 13:32)doovers Wrote: Hi popcornmix, just wondering is there any update on this?

We've all been introduced and have a plan. We're just waiting for @shiftplusone to get access to the raspbian repo.
(2015-03-23, 13:42)popcornmix Wrote: We've all been introduced and have a plan. We're just waiting for @shiftplusone to get access to the raspbian repo.
Thanks for the update. Appreciate the work you guys are doing! I'll keep an eye on this thread for further news.
@shiftplusone has added Michael's kodi deb file to raspbian repo (from here).

Currently this is just Michael's current deb file.

Assuming you are using raspbian, then do:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

Make sure you increase gpu_mem in config.txt. I'd suggest 160 for 512M Pi1 and 256M for 1G Pi2. Reboot.

launch with
Code:
kodi-standalone

That seems to be working okay for me, and has working keyboard and CEC. If you have issues with keyboard or other input devices (mouse/joystick), then have a look here

After exiting, use ctrl-alt-F1 to get the console back.
Nice!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we have a native Raspbian KODI build2